main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Greetings.........

Discussion in 'Archive: Providence, RI' started by Moff_Mykhell, Jun 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moff_Mykhell

Moff_Mykhell Jedi Youngling

Jun 18, 2003
    well, hello group. my name is Michael. i live in East Providence. i am 28 years old, and blah, blah, blah. i was interested in knowing if any of you nice people were going to be purchasing the "Galaxies-An Empire Divided" game??? if so, i read that users would be asked to pick groups to play with, and was wondering if anyone knew anything about that. and what group you all's would be joining?? thank 'ya very much.
    also, i would like to take this time to note that i think you all have a cool thing going on here. sounds like fun. i'm sorta new to RI. moved from CT (very sleepy place). and well, i hope to get to know some of you's..........

2. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    hello Moff_Mykhell

welcome to the RI board :) i myself might be getting that game when and if it comes out for the mac (yes yes, laugh all you like :p ). if there's a group option on it, that would be something really cool to look into :)

carrie

3. Dex1138

Dex1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 1999
    I'll be picking it up next week. And I haven't read a darn thing about the game in any of the forums or anything and have never played a MMO game before.
    So I'm going in as a total newbie :)
    Lucky for me, my new work schedule. I only work 3 12-hour days. So i have 2 extra days off next week :)
    I still think a FanForce PLayer Association would be really cool

4. JediSaralyn

JediSaralyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2002
    Are you the one I've spoken to on IM a few times?

Greeting and salutations :) :D

5. Moff_Mykhell

Jun 18, 2003
    yes it is I......... miss Saralyn. the one you've spoken to a few times. how are you doing?
    i'm happy to hear from you other two also. Idarii, Dex1138, nice to meet you.

6. Jeffbacca

Jeffbacca Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2002
    Hello Michael. Jeff here. I was also looking into getting galaxies. But i may wait alittle bit. See how it really is. I want to be a wookie.

About these groups you speak of. Like all MMORPGs i think you can join with anyone and make a group. Not sure how many. To go around exploring and killing and having an all around good time. Most likely be able to make guilds or clans of sorts. Which is just a bigger group of people who can stay in contact with each other and group with each other on a regular basis.

Nice to meet you.

7. Moff_Mykhell

Jun 18, 2003
    hey Jeff, nice to meet ya.

so, it's col to see a couple of you group members will be playing the game. i'm pretty excited about it myself. the idea of having "guilds and clans" is cool, so we could gang up on people. but what i was first talking about was the server groups. we have to make sure we hook up with the same server so we can all play in the same universe!! so pass the word around.

8. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Unless there are time zone specific servers there shouldn't be much of a difference. For those playing to post there server name so others can join them there is a good idea. Or if we have enough people interested , we can talk on the boards and pick one together.

9. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    Hiya. I'm James and am now living in Rhode Island.

I'd get Galaxies, but I already have no life... so no time to dedicate to it. :p

;)

10. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Well, I've had the game for 19 hours and haven't played it yet. Due to evryone trying to sign on at once yesterday, very few (if any) were able to get into the game.
    Now, there's a message saying they've found another critical issue and they expect the servers to be ready around 11am. At least I've had time to read the manual and stategy guide ;)
    Here are the East Coast Servers:
    # Bloodfin
    # Chilastra
    # Eclipse
    # Gorath
    # Kauri
    # Lowca
    # Radiant
    # Starsider
    Anybody wanna just pick on to go with?

11. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Dex

What is the price of Galaxies?

John

12. Moff_Mykhell

Jun 18, 2003
    hey dex, unfortunately i thought i was one of the smart people who pre-ordered the game months ago. and i didn't get the free over-night shipping that is now being offered. so, now i have to wait till probably monday or whenever next week, till my game comes. how foolish of me (stupid mortal). it really sucks because now i see tons of them in the stores. but anyways, we'll just have to keep a post open as to which servers we'll be on. doesn't matter to me which one, they're all the same, just a matter of how many people and who on each one. so, i'll see ya when i get my game. you, can give me any tips or short-cuts or any other type of info. i should be interested in. later.

by the way, you got some cool pics at the SW weekends in disney. i so wish i could have gone. i'm hoping to go to disney next year and maybe hopefully they'll do the same type of event.......

13. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Well, don't kick yourself for not getting it on Thursday! Most people couldn't even get in until Friday. And there are still bugs that they need to iron out. SO don't feel bad =)
    I'm on server Kuari. Look me up under Tol Doneeta. If you hit CTRL+P there's a tab to look up people and you need to have a unique first name on each server.
    The game costs 50/75 depending on which version you get. Personally, the Collector's Edition is worth the extra 25 bucks!

14. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    a little birdie told me he thinks this game may be out for the mac...if not now then very soon.

if i can get access to a high speed connection, i may consider purchasing this.

ps dex was tot doneeta taken? :p

15. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Don't know. They asked to stay away from "used" names. They have a name checker that checks out your name so I didn't even bother. Plus, others would see it as stupid (assuming they knew the name).
    And they say the game can be run on a 56k...

16. idarii

Jun 25, 2002
    oh i'm sure it can be played on a 56k but i've seen online games played where one of the guys was on a 56k and he was awfully lagged. i'm going to get high speed anyway, i may as well do it properly.

that stinks about the name checker, but i have a whole list of star wars-type names my friend wrote for me once in exchange for some art, and i use it for character names in out RPG. i would pick from that anyway, i'm more inclined to play original characters. i would never be able to do a canon or EU character justice.

17. Essence

Essence Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2003
    Welcome! I'm new too.

So how are those who have it enjoying the game? I want it so badly (and want Final Fantasy XI when that comes out too) but I am waiting until I can get dsl (not yet offered in SE Mass it seems) or cable. Plus I want to see how it is too. But it looks so much fun. I'd probably just grab some characters out of my fanfic and be them. Hopefully I can get it soon!

~Ess

18. Dex1138

Sep 8, 1999
    Despite the bugs and downtime for daily patching, I'm still enjoying it greatly.
    I've never done an MMO before, so I can't say if this is Everquest in Space. But, it's Star Wars and I've been meeting some great people. For me, a lot of it has been about the social aspect of the game.

19. Essence

Essence Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2003
    That's the whole reason why I want to play--for the people. I have never played an online game before. Eventually when I am all teched out, I will try. But I think it would be a blast to play with other people as nutty, or nuttier than me.

20. Jeffbacca

Oct 14, 2002
    Myself and Josh play on the Valwyn server. If some day there is an unofficial fanforce server choosen, i will gladly start playing on that server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.