main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Greetings.....

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by DarthMoby, Jun 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Hello all,

My name is Ed and I am from Boston. During the weekend of July 18-20 I will be visiting San Fran in order to watch the Giants play on the 18th. I have the better part of 3 days to kill and I was wondering if anyone could point out some nice attractions to check out while I'm in town. I plan on doing Alcatraz but other than that I have no plans. So any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks! :)

2. Rogue6

Rogue6 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Greeting Moby,

Well I would've suggested you visit PacBell but you're already going. Just enjoy all that PacBell has to offer, arrive early and check it all out.

It's Wicked!

3. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    If you can try to book your Alcatraz tickets ahead of time because I know they sell out fast during the summer. I use to work at Pier 39 so people told me that a couple weeks ahead of time should be ok. PacBell park is very nice, you'll like it, the garlic fries are yummy. While your at Pier 39, Fisherman's wharf and Ghiradelli Square are not too far away so it's worth checking out.

If your a nature/science person Golden Gate Park has the California Academy of Science, Botanical Gardens, and the Japanese Tea Gardens. There's lots of clubs downtown and bars as well. There something for everyone so just look around in what your interested in and you'll find it here somewhere in SF. It's mostly depends on your interests and also what your budget is to an extent. Hope that helps. :)

4. padme_skywalkr

padme_skywalkr Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 21, 2002
    I would love to show u around but I will be in San Diego for the big CC event but have fun...Hang out at Pier 39 or the Metreon. The SF Guardian or the SF Weekly newspapers are located on almost every corner & it will tell you almost every thing thats going on in SF. Enjoy......

5. DarthMoby

DarthMoby Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    Thanks for the suggestions! I'm sure I will have a great time!

6. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    We are glad to help! May the Force be with you! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.