main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Madison, WI Greetings

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Soliss, Aug 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soliss

Soliss Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2004
    I've never posted here before just thought I would say hi. Hi :D

2. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Hello Soliss!

I had sent you an email from the Milwaukee messageboard. I don't know if you had gotten it or not. I think they want you to post more there so that you can join in the fun on that board.

Anyway, I'm glad you decided to post here. We are always looking for more people to add to our ranks (no pun intended).

Tell us more about you and check out the "BIG September" topic for our next meetings.

3. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    greetings
    welcome to the MadIson Cantina

4. Soliss

Soliss Jedi Youngling

Aug 15, 2004
    I've allwyas been a Sci-Fi geek. And the first S.F. flick I can remember seeing was STAR WARS, I know that sounds like B.S. but it's the truth.
    Now as any good geek will tell you the best holoday of the year is ofcorse Halloween. But I never thought of costuming as a hobby, it just never acurd to me.
    I start to think about Halloween in June at the latest. And this last Halloween I started to lose my spirite. Not only was I spending all that time and efort on a costume for only a few hours of show time. But like so many other things in this town, or any big college town Halloween has turned into just aother reason to get F---ed up it just felt like a waste.
    Now I have nothing against going out and getting a good buzz on, but to get ripped out of youre skull simply for the sake of it is just stupid. I'm ranting I know but it really is stupid right!?
    Any way I am tired of wasting what I think are good ideas on those who don't appreaciat it and realy don't care to try.
    Death to all infidells!!![face_skull]

5. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Welcome to the boards!

Forcebewitya!

6. Rick_Sith

Rick_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 2, 2002
    Yes, I believe that if anyone wants to drink for the soul purpose of getting drunk, it can be done anytime other than a holiday (well, except New Years Eve, right?).

Holidays have a purpose all their own, and celebrating them in the proper fashion (somewhat traditionally) is the only way to go.

I do know that last year we were wanting to have a Halloween party, but for some reason or other, we couldn't decide on a place or date for one.

I always suggest the weekend before or after Halloween for the party, because some people may have kids or plans to do something with their families on Halloween night.

Brent has a big basement, but I can't volunteer someone else's home for a place to hold a party. He was going to do it last year but something came up, if I remember right. I'm sure we can figure something out for this year. We can discuss it at the next meeting.

7. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Hey, my house would be fine. I mean after seeing my collection and stuff there isn't a whole lot to do. But we can think of something I guess.

Forcebewitya!

8. ROGUE_NINER

ROGUE_NINER Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 2002
    Yeah you could get snacks and drinks.
    Maybe a movie or two or some music

9. Forcebewitya

Jun 7, 2002
    Well I have all of the above. :D

Forcebwewitya!

10. ROGUE_NINER