main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Greetings

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Han_Entwistle, Oct 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Han_Entwistle

Han_Entwistle Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2006
    Hey there, everyone. I'm a new member, but I'm not exactly new to this place. I've lurked here on and off since 2002. Usually it was never for more than a couple of weeks every few months or so, but for quite a while now I've found myself lurking here almost every day, and I've decided it's time for me to become an actual posting member of TFN. I've made a couple of unsuccessful attempts at becoming an active member in the past, but for whatever reason I found that I just never posted, and I went back to lurking. This time, however, I hope things will be different, so I've decided to start fresh with a new username and put more of an effort in.

So now I'll tell you a bit more about myself. I first saw Star Wars when I was nine years old, in the summer of 1995, during an extended visit to my cousin's house. We watched the movies over a period of a few days, and I instantly became obsessed. When I had to go home, I borrowed the movies and didn't end up giving them back until I got my own copies of them for Christmas. The rest of the 90s were all about Star Wars for me. It was a good time to be a Star Wars-obsessed kid, with a ton of merchandise available thanks to the renewed popularity of the movies, and the theatrical release of the Special Editions. I remember dragging my parents to see the special edition of The Empire Strikes Back during the middle of a vacation in Florida, because I couldn't wait until we got back home to go see it. The height of my obsessive Star Wars fandom occured around the time of the release of The Phantom Menace. I'll always remember that summer, and the major hype surrounding the movie, with a great deal of fondness.

These days, I'm attending university and working towards a Bachelor of Science degree. I'm strongly considering a career as a highschool teacher. My non-Star Wars interests include movies in general, rock music (particularly from the 70s, and late 60s), and video games. I've played the piano for several years, and would like to take up guitar someday (or bass guitar, if I can get some of my friends interested in starting a band just for the fun of it).

2. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    A very warm welcome, Han_Entwistle[:D]
    Since you already know your way around, no links for you.;)
    Though you might want to get some kind of master somewhere, because he/she will be allowed to whack you into posting.;)

3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome to your active time, Han_Entwistle! :)

It's pretty cool to see you coming out of your lurking mode and we strongly hope this will last for a long time. :)

Have you found some good places to stay already? Otherwise I would suggest your local FanForce. There you can meet other SW fan from your area and it is much fun to meet them online and in real life if you want to. :)

Enjoy your stay and don't hesitate to come back to WNU to ask us if you need anything or like to know certain things about the boards. :)

See you around. :)

4. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    Hey there, welcome to the boards.

If you have any questions about these boards, don't feel shy to ask them. We're all happy to help you out. We hope you stick around and post to your hearts content. This forum is a pretty good place to start off, getting to know the functions and the people and everything else there is.

Remember the check out the helpful threads we have, such as the Map of the Boards or the Forum Index. Enjoy your stay!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.