main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Greetings.

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Lord_Exor, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Exor

Lord_Exor Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2009
    Hello everyone. I suppose this would be the appropriate place to introduce myself, although there isn't much to introduce. I'm a massive Star Wars fan, although that is rather self-explanatory. What is slightly less obvious is that I'm an even larger Palpatine fanboy. Yes, I'm sure that fact has made some of you cringe.

There's nothing particularly notable about myself aside from the fact that I was the major contributor to the "Personality and Traits" section of Palpatine's article on Wookieepedia. It was I that convinced (or at least brought it to their attention) the admins to relax their infamously strict NPOV guidelines in Palpatine's case.

I'd like to consider myself a reasonably amiable person, and I hope to get along nicely with the community.

2. Jackrack

Jackrack Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2008
    welcome i hope you have a great time in the forms.

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Welcome to the forums! :D

4. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Lord_Exor! :)

I'm pretty sure, you'll find your place in this community. All (or at least most of us ;) ) are very friendly and the mods keep an eye on it so it stays this way. So just start posting and join our various discussions. :D

Btw what's NPOV? I never read that abbreviation. :confused:

Enjoy your stay and don't hesitate to ask, if you have questions! :)

5. Lord_Exor

Lord_Exor Jedi Youngling

Jun 12, 2009
    Thanks! And NPOV stands for Non Point of View. It's a rule Wookieepedia established to sift out non-objective and/or dichotomizing moralistic/existential claims. Unfortunately for them, some characters such as Palpatine are categorized as "evil incarnate" by canonical, out-of-universe sources, and so sweeping moralistic adjectives are thus canonically appropriate.

6. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Welcome Lord_Exor! [:D]

*Hands Exor a cup cake and a balloon*

The cup cake is for eating and the balloon is for fun. But please, no popping. :)

7. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Ah, that makes sense, although at some topics it hard to stay objective. Thanks for explaining. :)

8. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello! Let us know if we can help you find anything on the boards.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.