main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Greetings

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Utheis Merak, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Utheis Merak

Utheis Merak Jedi Youngling

Apr 1, 2016
    Hi, I just joined and figured I should give ya'll a little intro. I have been into Star Wars pretty much my whole life, since I was 10 anyway. I have pretty much all the Micro Machines sets from the 90's, action figures, both the original and special edition VHS collections, the complete collection on Vudu, some of the lego sets, a few die-cast figures, and my personal favorite, an unopened 1977 Star Wars: Episode IV movie poster, in mint condition. I have more, but I'd have locate it sometime. Anyway, I spent the past 48 hours marathoning every one of the movies, and I can't believe I waited so long to watch the prequels. Phantom Menace just kind of turned me off of the franchise for awhile, as I think it did alot of people. Anyway, I figured I should cave in and finally join a fansite, so here I am.

2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hello! I'm glad you found the forums. :) it sounds like you have a very nice collection! Have you read any of the expanded universe novels or comics?

3. Utheis Merak

Apr 1, 2016
    Not yet, but now that I have my Kindle, I may have to see what's available:) Are there any that you'd recommend?

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  4. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I'm a big EU novel fan, particularly of the now "Legends" novels.

5. Utheis Merak

Apr 1, 2016

Hmmm, I'm just now starting on the "Rebels" series, so if I manage to find some of those Legends novels that might complete my collection:)

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  6. Utheis Merak

Apr 1, 2016
    I just got one of the legends books. I should have a good chance to read it in May. I'm heading out into a condo in the woods:) I'm hoping you're right about these.

7. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Which one did you get?

8. Utheis Merak

Apr 1, 2016
    I figured start at the first, so I got "Dawn of the Jedi: Into the Void"

9. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Cool! Enjoy. :)

10. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    welcome aboard :p

11. Falcon

Falcon Chosen One star 10

Feb 7, 2002
    welcome to the boards

Glad you finally decided to join the insane side of the Force here on the boards ;)

Any questions, please feel free to ask

12. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Utheis Merak! :)

It's pretty cool that you've found your way to this nice place. Have you found some interesting places already?

From the talk above I see, that you like the reply button. Here are two hints:

1. If you reply to one who posted at the same page as your answer will be, there's no need to quote in most cases. If you like to create a notification for the person you reply to, then tag that person by adding @ infront of the username (like Utheis Merak). That creates a notifications as well and it helps to keep threads readable - especially for persons who use small screens like smartphones.

2. If you forgot something in your post, please, use the edit function. Double posts can be considered as spam at a certain point of time.

If you have further questions or need a place to test the tagging or edit function, just let us know. :)

Enjoy your stay! :)

13. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Welcome! I hope we see you around the EU forum sometime!!