main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hi Greetings!

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Vader0706, Jan 2, 2017.

1. Vader0706

Vader0706 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2017
    Hello everyone (and a Happy New Year)! Greetings from a 23 year old SW fan (ever since I was a child). Happy to finally join the forums. A bit info about my SW passion:

I was a big fan of the PT when I was a child (especially ROTS), but fell in love with the OT as years passed by (realised CGI is not everything and good story and characters are more important in a film).

I love TFA and Rogue One (seen the former 5 times and the latter 6 times at cinema) and I am generally very happy with what Disney are doing ever since they bought Lucasfilm.

Favorite characters: Vader, Luke and Obi-Wan.
    Films and TV Series: Seen all 8 films, but not Clone Wars or Rebels (although plan on watching Rebels at some point).
    Books: Read Catalyst before seeing RO and plan on reading Tarkin at some point as well. Haven't read any other canon or EU books.

That's about me. Hope I enjoy my SW passion with all of you guys in here!

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Welcome to the boards! :) Please let us know if we can help,you find anything.

3. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Heeelllooooo.:)

4. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    Hello! :) and Welcome to the forums Vader0706!:cool:

5. Captain Owen

Captain Owen Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 1, 2017
    Welcome to the forums!

6. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    You know, it didn't really hit me until just now that we have a whole 8 SW movies! :eek:=P~ So spoiled, we are.

Hello & welcome to the JCF, Vader0706. :)

7. Darth Rozic

Darth Rozic Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2015
    Welcome Vader0706
    Rogue One is my favourite film so I'm glad to hear you liked.
    If you're looking for a book to read you can't beat Lost Stars (it's Disney canon.) It's one of my favourite books so I definitely recommend it!
    Also are you a dark or light sider?

QueenSabe7 I think you forgot episode 2.5 :p
    [​IMG]

8. Bithlistener

Bithlistener Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2016
    It's always great to bring a new member in:cool:

Sorry if you don't agree with my avatar, although yours is just great, can't go wrong with Vader:vader:

9. Vader0706

Vader0706 Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 2, 2017
    Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Darth Rozic

Thank you for the book recommendation! I might read it in some point of time. As for your light or dark side question, I am more of an Imperial type of guy. I always liked their powerful use of the Force, tech, vehicles and sense of fashion when it comes to clothing (you can't argue with how good Krennic's uniform looks!). That doesn't mean I don't like the Rebellion or the Jedi Knights. There is just something that keeps drawing me to the Empire (maybe it's the dark side hehe).

But Vader.. he is probably the most awesome and coolest character in the films (Luke and Obi-Wan come at a closer second place). I love his overall story and his journey from good to evil and backwards. Although the prequels are not that good (I have a hard time sitting through TPM and parts of AOTC), I simply LOVE ROTS and how it portrays Anakin's turn to evil (although Hayden's acting is wooden) and how the whole movie wraps the saga (little I knew back then that this wouldn't be the end for Star Wars).

And of course, I don't need to mention how much I love the OT and the Skywalker conflict there. ESB is on another level (and objectively the best SW film).

10. Darth Rozic

Darth Rozic Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2015
    I'm glad to here you're a fan of the Empire. You can find our Imperial fanclub here.

Vader is a pretty awesome character. He's so mysterious and bad ass! The ESB is my third favourite movie (2nd pre-Rogue One) and ROTS is my second favourite.

If you ever have any questions or just wanna chat don't hesitate to PM me:)

Oh and just one thing: "don't choke on your aspirations, Vader0706.":p

Vader0706 likes this.
  11. SynCrow

SynCrow Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 7, 2017
    Welcome to the forum, Vader0706! Hope you enjoy your time here :)

12. Halle Dray

Halle Dray Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2016
    Welcome!