KC, MO Greetings!!!

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by quigon_brian, May 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quigon_brian Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hey everybody. My name's Brian and I'm from the St. Louis FanForce. I think that a bunch of people in our group are planning trips to KC this summer to see AotC at the DLP theater. I'm going to be going next weekend actually, so I was wondering if you guys could give me some info on it (where exactly it is, how much it costs to see it there, etc.). Anything you could give me would help. Thanks, and may the force be with you.
  2. DarthBarbieDoll Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Hiya there! I saw AOTC in Digital at the Olathe theater and it was so clear and crisp. I think you'll certainly see a difference!

Now here is a link to the theater address:

Olathe AMC 30

The ticket prices for an adult vary from the earlier shows of $5.50 for an adult to the evening show price of $7.50. There is a map link on there however when I clicked on it, it wasn't working.

I would recommend trying www.mapquest.com and click on Driving Directions and then enter in the address to the theater which is on the first link I gave you. That should show you exactly where it is.

I sure hope this helps! If you have any questions, just ask here or private message me. :)
  3. quigon_brian Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Thanks. I really appreciate the help, but I do have one thing that I forgot to ask. Is AotC the only movie being shown on the DLP, or do they by any chance also have Spiderman? I finally saw that yesterday, and now I'm wanting to see it in digital too. Again, thanks for all the help.
  4. DarthBarbieDoll Jedi Youngling

star 1
    You're welcome. :) Yes, AOTC is the only movie being shown in DLP. There is only one digital projector at Olathe and it is in auditorium number 14 I believe.
  5. KansasNavy Jedi Master

star 4
    AMC 30 is millions of times better. Go to it, it's one of the finest quality theaters in the nation, not to mention the Mid West.
  6. dougcpa Jedi Youngling

star 1
    LOL, you've got to be kidding, right? AMC's good? Try making a trip to Wichita and go to either the east or west-side Warren theaters, that will probably change you opinion.

I moved to KC in early 2001 from Wichita and was appalled at the state of theaters in KC. I mean, AMC's aren't even THX certified. I saw AOTC at the Olathe AMC on the digital screen and while the picture was great, the sound was very poor as it is in every AMC theater I've been in. I had to drive to Wichita to see it at the Warren just to see a decent, complete (both sound & picture) presentation.

I can't wait for the KC, KS Warren to open next summer. Unless AMC does some serious sound system upgrades I predict it will hurt quite a few of the theaters in the area.
  7. Taz_Jinn Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll stick with the Independence theater. Anyhow if I'm not way too late, if you come up here to see a movie, and your a student, you may want to order a movie watchers card for the amc theaters (if you don't already have one) movies are 5.50 for students with the card(7.50 other wise). Now both times i went to see star wars i had no problems getting tickets at the box office.

Just post if you need more info.
  8. DarthBarbieDoll Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Taz, you go to the Independence Commons too?
  9. quigon_brian Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Once again, greetings from St. Louis. Thanks for all the help guys. I saw it last Saturday, and it was amazing. I only had one complaint. There was a blue dot on the screen the entire time. I think something was wrong with the projector. And my popcorn bag leaked butter all over my new shirt, but that's a whole other problem. Anyway, thanks again, and may the force be with you.
  10. dougcpa Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Sounds like a pixel or two might have gone bad in the project (blue dot), and sorry to hear about the butter issue. That couldn't have been very comfortable.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.