main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Greg Grunberg (Snap Wexley)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by TheBBP, Sep 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. littlewaves

littlewaves Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2008
    starocean90 likes this.
  2. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    starocean90 likes this.
  3. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  4. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014

"Son of Wedge"? "Sequel Trilogy's Wedge"? "porkinS to the Wedge power"? :p

Revanfan1, starocean90 and Toonimator like this.
  5. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    In before the Porki--aww, dammit. :oops:

2 pages ago? You people couldn't even wait for a costumed pic to make the painfully-obvious jokes? He's not even Kevin James fat, and probably skinnier than the actual Porkins (who actually wasn't all that heavy at the time; he just looked it in the cramped cockpit, and had a character name that psychologically puts you in mind of pigs. Gold 5, Pops, looked just as heavy, but nobody keeps making jokes about HIS weight!)

6. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    A little wooden boy says its Shrynne Wieg, well his father Gepetto says so.

7. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Of all of the weird/stupid names in SW, it was the fact that they seriously named the chubby Rebel guy "Porkins" that still makes me face-palm the most.

Dra--- and Toonimator like this.
  8. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    porkins is amazing.

9. Luminous Beings Are We

Jun 10, 2014
    On the contrary. I'm extremely excited to see overweight people get some love. Everyone can do something in Star Wars!

10. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Pork is actually quite lean.

11. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    Porkins got fried to a crisp.

I assume Gorwyn will strike a decisive blow for freedom whilst getting impaled by a ship.

12. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    will Gorywn turn to the darkside when best bud Poe becomes BFF with Finn and ditches him?[face_laugh]

13. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Like a pinata. O:)

14. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Couldn't he also be Duncan instead of Gorwyn? That was another pilot listed in the character list.

[face_coffee]O:)

Dra--- likes this.
  15. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Fat pilot = porkins

[​IMG]

Darth Dookacas likes this.
  16. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    just a question ... how come fat jokes are ok but everyone is super-sensitive about any other kind of "bullying". seems like a double standard. not trying to start an argument just making an observation.

17. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Yep, definitely a Porkins Offspring. :p Hey, Porkins was cool. :cool:

rumsmuggler and starocean90 like this.
  18. Django Fett

Nov 7, 2012
    If he's the son of Porkins and he survives this film and the next he must've worked out its sometimes better to eject :D

19. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    I saw a joke someone posted on another board about Grunburgs character. They said he is Porkon's son named Bacons.

20. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    New interview with Greg in EW:

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/22/star-wars-force-awakens

Interesting excerpts:

Like there were moments when J.J. would yell, ‘Cut’,’ and then come over to me and go, ‘Are you f–king kidding me? Did that just happen? Did I just pan from C-3PO to R2-D2 to Han Solo and then to you?’ I spent seven weeks in London and it was heaven. And it’s crazy cause usually I’m the first person that J.J. calls to bounce ideas off. This one is so top secret, and so on lockdown, that all I can do is ask him, ‘How’s it going?’ and he’s like, ‘Oh, I’m really happy.’ So I know if he’s happy it’s just gonna be incredible.

and

And it’s all about the story and family. I mean that’s what J.J. is all about. He did it with Star Trek and I’m sure that played into keeping that the franchise alive. And these new characters, these actors are unbelievable. They’re so well cast. What I’m gathering from all of the pieces I’ve seen is it’s everything that a Star Wars junkie like me wants out of the movie. We got our script pages, only the scenes that we were in. Not even what was being shot that day! It was all on red paper so we couldn’t copy it or take a picture of it. And then we had to give the script pages back at the end of the day. And we didn’t get them the day before to take them home and learn them—Carrie Fisher and I were talking about it several times, like, “This is crazy! An actor does not get to prepare on this movie.” But I think at the end of the day it plays into what J.J. has always talked about which is that the theater is a mystery box. I know my scenes. I’m very excited about my scenes. I was really happy with the stuff that I got to do. But I’m sprinkled throughout the whole movie, in a very small way.

Revanfan1, Immortiss, TK327 and 2 others like this.
  21. Luminous Beings Are We

Jun 10, 2014

You mean like bacon bits? ;):p

22. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    He will play Leia and Han Solo's son, he will be Kylo Ren's and Rey older brother who was born with no naturally force ability and constantly mucks things up. Most of his scenes will have a 90s style laugh track behind them. I can't confirm my sources or JJ will have me killed.

Grunberg will essentially Jar-Jar 2.0 for the ST.

DarthLightlyBruise likes this.
  23. tokilamockingbrd

tokilamockingbrd Jedi Knight star 4

May 12, 2015
    Ok fine. One spoiler. In one scene he hilariously flushes Luke's saber down a toilets in the Falcon. At this point Rey looks into the camera and says "Grunby not again" (laugh track then plays)

Darth Dookacas likes this.
  24. Jemik_Prenn

Jemik_Prenn Jedi Padawan star 1

May 24, 2014
    I always wanted to see a hefty Jedi. With The Force, your weight really would be a non-issue. As for Greg Grunberg, wasnt his characters rumored name Gorwyn? I have a buddy who absolutely hates Greg Grunbergs acting. Going off of Heros though, it's not Grade A acting to be sure but if hes just the "wedge" type character I dont think his acting needs to be AMAZING.

25. TheBBP

TheBBP Force Ghost star 6

Nov 6, 2012
    Heroes is what I know GG from. He was one of my favs. I am thrilled that he is returning for Heroes: Reborn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.