main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Greg Norman leads by 2 strokes heading into the final round of the British Open

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by George_Roper, Jul 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. George_Roper

George_Roper Jedi Knight star 7

May 1, 2005
    I think it's quite impressive that at the age of 53 he still has the drive and ability needed to put himself in a position to collapse on the last day of a major.

I forgot that it was on and only remembered in time to see 2 holes. :(

2. Kyptastic

Kyptastic VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I couldn't believe he was leading yesterday, let alone going into the final day.

3. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I tuned into the first round of the British Open just to have background noise as I worked. Ditto for the second round.

I actively watched to day to see how Norman was doing. It's a gripping story, and in the absence of Tiger, the TV execs have to be doing backflips to have this going on.

4. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    I would love to see Norman win this thing tomorrow. One of my first golf watching experiences was his final day collapse at the Masters. I'm rooting for him to take this.

5. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    Rough start for him today, but I hope he can get back on track and win. I'd love to see him take another major this late in his career.

6. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    nah, he's choked big time.

7. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    ... [face_plain]

How Greg Norman of him.

8. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Told ya :p

Disappointing from him, but Harrington's approach shots were superb, especially his 2nd shot at the 17th. He used a 5 wood, and the commentators were saying he was wrong and it wouldn't work blah blah, and he hit's a peach of shot giving him an easy eagle putt.

A deserved champion.

And well done to the amateurs as well. Great performances there!

9. George_Roper

George_Roper Jedi Knight star 7

May 1, 2005

10. DurronFan

DurronFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    As much as I wanted to see Norman win, I guess that just would have been too good to be true. Harrington played well, especially the last 5 or 6 holes. Congrats on him, although I wish other Europeans could start winning majors again as well.

11. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    I always like it when a guy wins his second major. It's possible to maybe luck into one, but you have to be extremely good to win two. I've always liked Harrington, and I think it's great he won again.[face_good_luck]

12. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    ^^ Im with you on this one. Paddy is a really good guy. He gave me a ball and signed it after a round of the Ryder Cup in '99. I was pulling for him all the way.

13. Zaz

Zaz Jedi Knight star 9

Oct 11, 1998
    I like both Norman and Harrington, and so I wasn't disappointed. Hellacious winds, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.