main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Grevious' voice

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by EricIsBacchus, Dec 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EricIsBacchus

EricIsBacchus Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 16, 2003
    Did anyone prefer Grevious' voice in Vol. 2 of the Clone Wars to how it was in ROTS?

I remember when info on Grevious first started leaking, and I imagined him to have a cold, kind of robotic, nondescript voice like he had in Vol. 2 of the cartoon.
    I think I prefer that voice, though I like both.

I think the key is his eyes. His eyes seem more animalistic in ROTS so the voice that was used in the movie probably worked better. If his eyes had been more humanoid, I would have wanted the cartoon voice.

What does everyone else think?

2. EMPEROR_WINDU

EMPEROR_WINDU Force Ghost star 5

Nov 23, 2002
    I prefer the voice from Episode III

3. Super_Battle_Droid

Super_Battle_Droid Jedi Master star 5

May 8, 2002
    Episode III's

4. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    Another Episode 3 vote here.

5. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    I don't know. I was expecting something different from Greivous's episode III, however it is better the Clone Wars one.

6. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Didn't watch Clone Wars.

7. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    Episode III was better. Still it would be cool if Gary Oldman played Grivous than Matthew Wood.

8. WraithThirteen

WraithThirteen Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2004
    I personally would have preferred Jeremy Irons, myself. I thought he was a little too campy. "Cough cough...Whhhatttss da sssityoooashhunn, Kaptan" just didn't fit my expectations.

9. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    I personally would have preferred Jeremy Irons, myself. I thought he was a little too campy. "Cough cough...Whhhatttss da sssityoooashhunn, Kaptan" just didn't fit my expectations.

The cough, cough part was played by George Lucas himself. :D

10. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    I am partial to the Clone Wars from Volume II

11. BlackRook

BlackRook Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2005
    I really don't like the Clone Wars version's "OMG i'm such a KEWL JEDI KILLER HARDASS AWESOME MONSTER" persona, but I do prefer his voice. Maybe the actor's reading wouldn't have fit with the movie Grievous, but the quality of his voice was certainly better.

I understand that Matthew Wood was going for over-the-top, but he was... well, too over the top. Grievous's didn't sound like it belonged to a vain and cowardly but still menacing villain, it sounded like it came from a sound effects guy trying to sound tough and failing. The accent was inconsistent and his line reading was more goofy and interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.