main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Grey Jedi Fanclub -- The Protectors, Soldiers, and Guardians of the Balance

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Shereshoy Cabur, Jul 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013
    Welcome all! This is the EUC Grey Jedi Fanclub - Protectors, Soldiers, and Guardians of the Balance!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[​IMG]

Who are we you might ask?
    Some say we are Jedi who have strayed from the Order and swim dangerously with the dark side
    Others say we are Sith who have lost the passion and mingle with the emotionless warriors of the light side
    Some say we are aren't even Jedi or Sith, but a Force-sensitives who dabble in unique and unusual arts

Well what we really are...is all of that and more...
    We are simply those who strive to maintain the Balance of the Force through what is right and wrong, and not bound to an Order or set of laws.
    Members from far and wide are welcome a place among the Grey Jedi.
    No matter your background, Grey Jedi all have a common goal which is the fight for the true Balance in the Force.
    To wrap up what we are, here is the code that Grey Jedi live by

I embody the Force
    I am the revealing light of the stars
    I am the mystery of the shadows
    Balance starts within myself
    Wisdom is my guide

Us Grey Jedi know that for Balance in the Force to exist, both light and dark thrive side-by-side, in symbiosis.
    We do not harbor hate against the Jedi Order, nor do we block ourselves from the Sith.
    Neither do we close our minds from other Force-sensitive factions.
    All of these Sects, have something we can learn from and skills we can utilize to help strive for neutrality.
    Now this doesn't mean we walk strictly between light and dark, but that we can lean both ways but never lean too far.
    In reality, all force skills, abilities, and philosophies should be seen as neutral.
    For a better idea of this concept, look to the philosophies of the Je'daii Order
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So you might be wondering, how do you join?

It's simple, just make a post telling us a bit about yourself and why you'd like to join the Grey Jedi Fanclub.
    Then you have the option of saying which Divisions of the Fanclub (which is listed below) you are interested in.
    Here at the Grey Jedi Fanclub, you are encouraged to pursue your interests freely, without any restraints or mandatory activities.
    The Fanclub will not be governed by anyone or any group in particular,
    again I am reinforcing that all members pursue whatever they want to pursue, and in turn each division should be able to become self-sustainable

*Side note: To help get this up and running, we will have "temporary leaders" who will help guide other members towards creating self-sustainable divisions.
    Then those temporary leaders will become The Grey Jedi Masters' Circle. They are simply a hands-off governing body that will only correct a person or division when it is absolutely necessary. It also not associated with the Political Division*

Here are some Divisions to get started. If there is a Division that isn't on the list that you would like to create, then please say so and the Masters' Circle will create it.

Discussion Division
    Members join this division are interested in discussing all things Grey Jedi. The books, comics, games, philosophy, history, conflicts, movies, characters and etc.

Political Division
    Members join this division are interested to become involved in the politics of the Grey Jedi Fanclub. This includes working with the EUC Senate, or not work with the Senate at all, establish relations directly with each of the Fanclubs, however the members decide to run this division. In a sense, members of the political division are the face and voices for this Fanclub when communication is active between us and the Senate and/or other Fanclubs.

History Division
    Members of this division are interested in becoming "Lore Keepers" (you can come up with title, if you choose to do so) for the Fanclub. Any question a member or non-member has about the history of the Grey Jedi, these members will most likely have the answer. These members are also aware of traditions, and keeping track of history as it's being made in this thread.

Mental and Physical Health Division
    No joke, I have a friend who utilizes Yoga to embrace the teachings of Jedi meditation. Members of this division are interested in applying Grey Jedi morale, philosophy, and teaching to both Real and/or RPG life.

RPG Division
    Members of this division are interested in the Role-Playing aspect of the EUC. Members within this division work with each other to establish ranks, rules, activites, and so on.

Art Division
    Members of this division are interested in the sharing and creating of Grey Jedi art. Not just drawings, but also graphic design, film, and so on.

These are just some basic Divisions to help with getting this Fanclub started. Please if you have an idea for a new Division, we'd be more than happy to hear it.

How it works in terms of participating in each division is fairly simple. Just state the name of the Division in bold followed by the text.
    For example:
    --------------
    Discussion

We're Mace Windu and Qui-Gon Jinn Grey Jedi or did other perceive them that way?

Political

It's time to vote for who will take the Senate seat in the EUC Senate

Art

Check out this awesome art I made
    --------------
    Yeah I know those sentences were lame, but you get the point.

But as I've mentioned before each Division will have their own way of running things once they become self-sustainable. Some will require an application to join some wont (ex. Apply for a position in the Political Division vs. Simply discussing in the Discussions and Art Division) What I mean by that is the Grey Jedi Masters' Circle won't have any power over your acceptance into a particular Division. But as time goes on, Divisions can change. Let's say some members decide to create a Design Team in the Art Division and decide to create an application for members to apply for the team, that can happen. Division also have the potential of dying out, due to lack of interest or need for said Division.

Again each Division, in essence, becomes it's own "governing body" if the members of that Division want it to. So what I'm saying is get in on these Divisions and become one of the first one's to be able to create within each one!

Of course if anything gets out of control, the Grey Jedi Masters' Circle will step in and take action (ex. RPG gets out of hand and decides to overrun other Divisions or Fanclub, that could be a display of greed and the dark side, the Circle will step in and put them in their place). To make it simpler, the Masters' Circle is essentially the Shepard preventing the sheep from straying too far. (Not that I'm saying you guys are sheep, which you aren't haha)

As for myself, I am starting this thread and helping it become a self-sustainable thread as well. I have no experience in creating Fanclub threads or managing them so bare with me as I learn along this journey as well as heed advice from those who have experience with this. For now I will be placing myself as a "temporary leader". At the moment I do not know if I will continue this role and become apart of the Grey Jedi Masters' Circle, but I will definitely be sticking around as an avid member of the EUC Grey Jedi Fanclub.

Remember folks,

We embody the Force
    We are the revealing light of the stars
    We are the mystery of the shadows
    Balance starts within ourselves
    Wisdom is our guide

Ordo N-11 likes this.
  2. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013
    The temporary leaders for the Grey Jedi Fanclub are:

Kev-Mas_Colcha
    s65horsey
    and I

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns let us know!

As for myself...

I am joining the Grey Jedi Fanclub, and helping start this up due to along time admiration for those see beyond the Light or Dark side of the Force. Growing up I loved the movies, but also knew that there's more than embracing a side of the Force because there is always a time for when one side or the other is needed to be used. Fandom for the Grey Jedi grew even more with the creation of the Je'daii Order and since then, along with my deeper fandom for Mandalorians, I've embraced the concept of being a Grey Jedi. As for the Divisions, I'll be joining the Discussion Division for now, as I'm going to be busy with getting this Fanclub up and running.

As for anyone interested in being a part of the Masters' Circle, the temporary leaders have priority to taking a poisition on the Circle should they decide to do so. The amount of positions available will be determined once we decide on a number, and the members will be able to elect members to the remaining vacant positions.

Looking forward to this growing, and hope you all enjoy.

3. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Hooray! I shall be creating a more detailed personal introduction a little later, but I'll make a brief summary for now. I am Kev-Mas Colcha, also known as one of the two leaders of the previous incarnation of an EUC Grey Jedi Fanclub, the Templars of Twilight, which stemmed off of the club I formed when I still had much to learn about what a Grey Jedi truly was, the Grey Avengers (which was also quite possibly the EUC's very first taste of such a thing as a Grey Jedi, however misleading it was). I was somewhat reluctant to restart another order because I was unsure there was any interest, but now, seeing how there is enough interest, I will gladly assist in this new chapter of Grey Jedi in the EUC.

As for divisions, I am unsure, seeing how I am multi-talented. My three choices would have to be History (self explanatory), RPG (I am a very seasoned and experienced role player, especially when it comes to Grey Jedi like characters), and Art (most of the graphics as well as the web site for the old order were created by me).

Shereshoy Cabur likes this.
  4. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013
    Discussion

Found this WikiTalk about Grey Jedi, pretty interesting read and a user mentions Jacen Solo during the NJO...little did he know hahaha

Art

Kev-Mas_Colcha any updates on the logo?

5. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I wish you all the best of luck in this endeavor, the EUC will benefit greatly from more diversity. :)

So, topic of discussion. We hear often of Jedi falling, thus becoming Dark Jedi...or of Force users who learn on their own and are classified as Dark Jedi by default. We also hear of Grey Jedi who mix aspects of both light and dark (which seems a lot like good intentioned Dark Jedi to me).

We have not heard yet of Sith who have become disillusioned with the Sith Order and left, thus becoming "fallen" Sith. This thought intrigues me greatly, especially in a RPG setting. This would not be a suggestion that the Sith is seeking redemption as a few in the past have, what I am thinking is a Sith who just disagrees with the path of the Sith order and it's culture, but has no desire to do good....simply parts ways and takes all that s/he knows with him.

6. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013

Thanks Mikaboshi!

EDIT: Whoops forgot to add to your topic Mikaboshi, but the only thing I can think of for Sith straying away from the Sith order would be Darth Scourge. Seems like he's the only one who's been able to see past it all and think there's more than just the Dark side, but he still uses the anger and passion to fuel his abilities and skills

Mikaboshi likes this.
  7. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    No updates so far, I'll probably work on it more early next week, as I'm pretty heavily booked until then - I've got a concert tomorrow, a job interview on Friday and likely my Girlfriend will be coming over and I'll be spending some time with her for a while after that.

Slightly in relation to Mikaboshi's topic, I will note that my main Grey Jedi character, Kev-Mas, started off as a Thyrsus Sun Guard, eventually becoming an Emperor's Shadow Guard, then Emperor's Hand before finally becoming a Rogue Jedi and eventually a Grey Jedi after the fall of the Empire.

8. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    Ok I'm relatively new to the site and have been looking at joining one of the existing EUC groups but none of them truly hit the nail on the head for me, until I found and eagerly watched the thread about creating a "Grey / Gray Jedi Order" group.

I've always had a problem with authority and acted more independently and found an affinity with the likes of Revan, Qui Gon, Quinlan Voss . . . . even Luke when he dabbled in the darkside to some degree but then fell too far. It's in our nature to question and be inquisitive, to stifle this would lead to peoples downfall when seeking answers covertly and in secret. To be open and know who you are and where you are going is the true path.

I've always been an advocate that the force is a tool, as Vegere instructed, and that the extreme darkness or light are inside the user, but they aren't me. Would I hypothetically use the Darkside to do good? Absolutely and without question. Is this selfish? Maybe, but if it gets the job done and doesn't hurt an innocent then sign me up.

In the way that I couldn't follow the dogma of the Jedi Council to the letter, I also couldn't act like a true Sith. Would that then not just make me / my character a Dark Jedi? I would like to think not as they would be a slave to selfishness with no care for the greater good. THAT, is the fundamental difference to me. (but its only my view)

I am a slave to emotion (which I strive to keep in check) and I require companionship to live my life to the fullest it can be.
    Hell, I'm always mentioning The Old Republic MMO but I was playing the game as a Grey follower and didn't even know it. I only found out when I was getting AMAZING dark and light side gear and couldn't use any of it as my "swingometer" was right in the middle, neither darkside or light.

Anyway if you'll have me as a follower of the Gray then add me to discussion and RPG, maybe even Senate eventually.

9. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013
    Awesome! Glad to welcome you as another member of the Grey Jedi Fan Club Hando. Kev-Mas_Colcha should be the person to talk to in terms of the RPG Division, as of now I'm not involved in that, and you're the first person to show interest in the Political Divsion, so that's good to hear. Are you interested in becoming involved with the Politics ASAP or simply ease yourself in it?

Hando likes this.
  10. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    :) Thanks SC! Glad to be here.

Tbh I would take it from now as long as I get a bit of direction I.E if I was doing anything wrong etc. But yeah, why not, I'm watching and enjoying what goes on in the Senate and the Greys need representation. I likes a good debate too.

11. JourneymanFett

JourneymanFett Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 21, 2013
    Hey, you guys know I'm new here, but I've always been interested in the users of the Force, in all it's aspects. If you'll have me, I'd love to be the Lore Keeper for the Grey Jedi. The histories of such have always called to me in a specific way. Thanks for your time.

12. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013
    After talking about it, we've decided to let you become the Senate Rep for the Grey Jedi Fanclub! Congrats Hando! This also makes you the first member of the Political Division, so you may begin on creating a structure for it as well as the communication with the EUC Senate.

JourneymanFett we've decided that Kev-Mas_Colcha will take you under his wing as a Lore Keeper apprentice, so that you can learn not only the history of the Grey Jedi but also previous incarnations of Grey Jedi Fanclubs on the boards. Glad to have you as a new member of the History Division!

JourneymanFett likes this.
  13. JourneymanFett

Jul 21, 2013
    Thank you for this honor. I will endevor to be a productive apprentice.

14. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
  15. JourneymanFett

Jul 21, 2013
    Congrats to you as well.

Hando likes this.
  16. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    Like the new Avatar JourneymanFett - I'll have to get something more fitting now too. :)

17. JourneymanFett

Jul 21, 2013
    Thanks. Guess if I'm gonna be a Jedi, I might as well dress like it.

Shereshoy Cabur likes this.
  18. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    Yup, and thats perfect - I'll have to ditch my evil Chiss Agent for something more appropriate. She's nashtie. [face_devil]

19. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013
    Great to see both of you taking to this with enthusiasm, it will only benefit the growth of this Fanclub, keep it going guys

Hando and JourneymanFett like this.
  20. JourneymanFett

Jul 21, 2013
    Of course we will. The Force guides us all.

21. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    May the force be with us.

22. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    The Force is with us whether we like it or not, but I shall hope we use it wisely.

Hando likes this.
  23. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
  24. JourneymanFett

Jul 21, 2013
    Indeed, my Master.

25. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    Hello all. I was curious about joining.