main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Grey Jedi Fanclub -- The Protectors, Soldiers, and Guardians of the Balance

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Shereshoy Cabur, Jul 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shereshoy Cabur

Shereshoy Cabur Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 2, 2013

Go for it! I have a good feeling that I won't die this time around. I feel like we've got a good amount of interest mixed with those who've previously done this when such interest wasn't as big. Once time clears up on my end, I'll be joining the RPG Division.

Hando and Kev-Mas_Colcha like this.
  2. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Count me in for playing in a RPG as long as it is kept small, like just between us. I have a really hard time when the games get big. I keep hoping Ramza will split us up in his game, but it is like I can hardly be involved because of how often some people post in there. You go to respond to something and they've already moved on from it within hours.

Hando likes this.
  3. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013

Sounds great and you can count me in too. I've only RP'd in The Old Republic on PC and the traditional pen and paper YEARS ago but I'd love to give this a try.

4. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013
    Looks like a good amount of interest to begin with :D

5. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Yup, and indeed, it will be small and just between us. There will be other factions, but they will be NPCs.

6. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013
    Solid, so it's safe to say we'll be seeing the RPG Division starting up soon?

7. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    I agree. I'm in as long as its not gonna be huge. No offense, but they can take up a lot of time when 50 people are playing. With work and other stuff I could only do it if it was a small group.

8. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013
    Chewbacca89 likes this.
  9. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Thanks! Just finished it lol.

10. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013
  11. Hando

Hando Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 7, 2013
    Sorry I've not been about lately but RL is hectic with work and new babies etc. Hope the GJ questions are coming together. Like a Hannibal plan.

Ok I admit it. Its The Old Republic. I'm an addict. ;)
    (The little free time I have I tend to be on there. I can't help myself)

12. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013

Understandable, I'd probably be doing the same if I had the game myself lol

13. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    I quit playing that game after I got to a certain level. The free to play thing makes experience rates ridiculously low and the grind of the last 5 levels is just too stupid.

14. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013

A buddy of mine told me to wait it out until they work out the kinks in both glitches and gameplay. Apparently the game is way too young for us to expect the same kind of intensity and experience that comes from games like WoW, Diablo, and etc.

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  15. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013
    Sorry for the double post

I've decided to take a position in the SWC Senate, to help spread awareness of the Grey Jedi. It's something I've been interested in for awhile, but never had a reason to do so. With that in mind, I'd like for us to decide on a planet for our HQ. Unlike the Jedi or Sith, we don't require for fellow members to be at HQ, but it's rather a place for us to come together should any of us seek out other members.

I'd like to suggest Shedu Maad, as Tython has been taken already. Any other planet suggestions?

To make a long story short, the SWC Senate is in a period of Reconstruction, after the Vong Reborn War has ended. Therefore this could be seen as a period of balance for us to help protect before the scale gets inevidently tipped again, and it's a great time for us to make enter.

Also, I know Hando is our voice for the fanclub in the EUC senate, if you want to do this, I'd be more than happy to put this up for a vote in the Fanclub. If anyone else is interested in this position, let us know! I encourage anyone to participate.

Chewbacca89, I noticed you have experience in this, any thoughts on this? Also will you become active in the near future, if so we could create an alliance of some sort :D

Kev-Mas_Colcha
    s65horsey
    JourneymanFett

16. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Zonama Sekot.

That's where the previous incarnation was. It worked well there, and it should work well here.

17. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013

Great suggestion, liking what I'm reading about it on Wookiepedia. I also suggest we add the information of Potentium to our description as it nails the head on our beliefs of the Force. Don't know how I'm just now learning about it.

Kev-Mas_Colcha likes this.
  18. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013
    Again sorry for the double post, anyone else want to vote on this? Shedu Maadu, Zonama Sekot, or another planet suggestion?

19. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013
    Again sorry for the triple post,

Been super busy with finishing up the exams and I've got one more coming up then I'll be back to normalcy. So in regards to the SWC Senate, unless anyone else says anything, I will be entering the SWC Senate as a Senator of Zonama Sekot, once I finish the exam.

Kev-Mas_Colcha how's the RPG Division coming along? Also I know it's been awhile but anything on the list of the known Grey Jedi?

20. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    I think it's time for me to return to this place where dark and light don't differ...

Also, granted I worked on it alone and there's lots of headcanon, here's the list of known Grey Jedi, in chronological order:

Je'daii Order
    Jolee Bindo
    Revan + Bastila Shan (although they were allowed into the jedi order in spite of their marriage)
    Voss Mystics
    Jensaarai
    Imperial Knights (though they still followed the light, they fall under the other definition of Grey Jedi, a light sided Force User that operated separately from the Jedi Order)

As you can see, there really isn't much that qualifies as a Grey Jedi here, and note how I left out Qui-Gon Jinn - that is because regardless of his relationship with the council he still followed the Jedi Code.

Shereshoy Cabur likes this.
  21. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    Hello fellow Grey Jedi!

22. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013
    Chewbacca89 likes this.
  23. Chewbacca89

Oct 25, 2012
    I understand lol. Been busy myself.

24. Shereshoy Cabur

Feb 2, 2013
    I've been thinking about it for a bit today...I think it's time I step down from being a temp leader for this fanclub. It doesn't mean that I'm leaving or anything but with DRL and how little im able to frequent the boards, it's time I step down and let someone else be a temporary leader for this fanclub so that they can help with the growth of this club. Also I don't think it's quite ready for the Master's circle just yet as the club still needs to grow a bit more before taking that step.

So with that being said I'm officially resigning from my position as a temp leader. If you guys want it to be just Kev-Mas_Colcha and s65horsey, then that'll be your decision. Or if you choose to continue having three temp leaders then you guys can come up with a way to figure who will be the third temp leader.

I'll be around whenever I can by, and hopefully in the future my time will clear up. :D

Chewbacca89 likes this.
  25. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    It's alright, I've been busy myself as well, new girlfriend and all... :p

I'm thinking that a dual leader system could work, as it has in the past for the Templars where Kahn_Iceay and I were Kage Luminis and Umbris (respectively). That is of course, if s65horsey is still able to dedicate the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.