main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Grey Jedi Fanclub -- The Protectors, Soldiers, and Guardians of the Balance

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Shereshoy Cabur, Jul 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Shameless bump to check to see if there's any possible new interest that I can use to revive this group.

2. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Greetings Grey Jedi. I am member of The New Jedi Order 3.0 and thought I would introduce myself.

3. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Hello, I relate to the grey most.

4. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Greetings! Currently I'm the only one left, it seems, but if we have enough interest I am willing to revive this.

5. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    It grieves me to hear that any Jedi Temple might close. :(

6. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Not closed, just dormant. We only come out at times of galactic crisis when a major imbalance in the force is going on. Even then, we work in the shadows and go unnoticed.

We work in many ways to keep both the Jedi and Sith from going extinct. Whether that means helping them go into hiding or helping start new orders from nothing when all else fails, we are always there. Always watching, always making sure that they don't wipe each other out. You need both sides to co-exist if balance is to be preserved.

Much of the same remains to be true in our teachings. In order to keep the precise balance within yourself that is required for our training, you must maintain both emotion and reason. Both love and hate. All of these are healthy when you have both of them, but dangerous when you have only one.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I have recently read about the Grey Paladins on wookipeedia and was wondering what the paladins actually do besides being combat monsters?
    Their article mention that "[...]the Gray Paladins held to the radical philosophy of minimal dependency on the Force." but all the non force skills they mention training are all combat oriented, did they train in anything else?
    Also what were their philosophical and worldly role? The jedi see themselves as the keepers of peace and do that by being highly versatile wuxia kensei wizard marshal diplomat but how the Grey Paladins are presented in the wook' so do they only seems to be created to be badass and they do it by being wuxia kensei gun-fu masters.

8. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Gray Paladins aren't really Gray Jedi. At least not in the terms of this organization.

9. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    My OC Toru Fireheart would likely be considered Grey since he strove above all for inner balance by learning self-control and acceptance. :)

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    [quickly double check the first page] Ops, my mistake. I thought you meant Gray Jedi in the more liberal use of the term.

11. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    Same with most of my OCs.

Yeah, recent material has been making life difficult. Almost makes me okay with the decision to decanonize it.

12. Ki-Arba Geokhami

Ki-Arba Geokhami Jedi Knight

Jan 22, 2015
    *Bump*

I'd be very interested in participating in an org dedicated to the concept of the Gray Jedi.

13. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Dec 15, 2002
    That's good! If we can get even more interest then maybe we'll have something going.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.