main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive GreyJedi 125's Atellier ( 02/25/06 ) New Beginnings...

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by greyjedi125, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Sharing and showcasing some of my artwork

Right now, most of my files are just too big and I need to trim them down a bit, ( more than a bit), but I'll post a little color sketch to start things off. I hope you'll all enjoy it. :)

BlueLah

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  2. krnbanguboi

krnbanguboi Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 4, 2005
    you didn't post anything

3. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Technical difficulties, sorry 'bout that. [face_blush]

4. krnbanguboi

Mar 4, 2005
  5. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Thank ye. I certainly hope to have more coming.

6. krnbanguboi

Mar 4, 2005
    you should add a backround and it'll look stunning

7. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, very nice Twi'lek! Welcome to Fan Art, GreyJedi125, and thanks for sharing this wonderful drawing! You have a great grasp of anatomy and figure drawing--her pose looks very easy and natural--and I love the detailing you've done on her costume: the sort of "harlequin" cut-outs on her pantleg and the lacing on her boots. I also like the way her lekku are sort of curling around each other--an interesting "gesture!" How was this colored? It almost looks like watercolors, but they seem so saturated and rich--lovely! Very nice work, and we look forward to seeing some more! Again, welcome!

FF

8. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Thanks for that wonderful critique and the warm welcome Falcon Fan, you have an excellent and most discerning eye, and if you have any artwork posted, I'm going right over to check it out after I post here.

'Bluelah' is a color sketch for a tentative character in a SW game I was involved in. The coloring was done with coloured pencils and colour markers. I then scanned her in photoshop for a few touches. There's actually another rendition with a much more detailed ( and realistic) background, but it flattens her out, so I decided against it. I'll probably post that later so you'll see what I mean.

Thanks again, and I certainly hope to include more artwork here. ( And thanks to HanSolo29 for answering all my annoying questions.) :)

9. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Awesome awesome awesome! I am so excited to finally see more of your work! This is an excellent drawing and I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

10. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Thanks, Handmaiden_Yane, I'll do my best not to disappoint. I hope to see some new works by you as well. :)

11. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    OK, I decided to dig up a small variety of works. (I need to do some new stuff. *working on it, really)

This one I originally sketched at work, I think I was looking at some Manga or something, I forget which one, and I liked the speedlines, I tried to duplicate the effect using a blurr effect, but the result was not quite what I had in mind. I need to refine that.
    N_Kai-Sama

If you haven't guessed by now, I'm into DBZ. This pic came about after a few co-workers (also DBZ fans) and I were discussing our own episodes and possible history many years after the events of DBGT.
    Monkey & Majin

...And this is another character for that SW RPG I was in. This one was for a friend, however, I'm not too crazy about the background. Too simple and too bright. I plan to change that.
    Jedi Maskaron

This one is an old favorite. I think I was reading a fantasy novel at the time and there was a white Wizard in it. (There's always a White Wizard in those.) Anyway, this is what came about at the time.
    Wizard Orb

EDIT: Adding two more pics

This one was a done as a request for a friend when I was a photoshop noob. The funny story behind this pic is a lesson in miscommunication. I believed he meant a curved 'sword' like that of a samurai, when in actuality, he meant the hilt and not the blade itself. By the time the detail was corrected, the pic was already done. I never went back to re-do it.
    Antar Fodoh (original)

This next pic was done in my noob coloring stages. My friend 'Del' was giving me pointers at the time ( he's also an artist), and the results....well, as you can see, I have to try hard to duplicte them. (Thanks, Del) ;)
    N-padawan

That's it for now. I need to do some more current SW/Jedi/Sith pics. Perhaps something from one of the trilogies. Hmmm..... :p

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  12. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    All of those are really good. Your figure drawing is excellent, very dynamic poses and angles, and you've got the DBZ style down to a fine art. I think my favourite is the figure flying towards camera - tough angle, but you've pulled it off very well.

Welcome to the forum.

13. morpher-2005

morpher-2005 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2005
    Excellent work=D=
    I especially like the fisrt one of the twelik
    and I agree that there shoud be a background for it
    ~nathan

14. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Soitscometothis, N-Kai-Sama and I thank you for you appreciation, now he has to practice turning at high speeds. Thanks for kind comments.

Morpher-2005, you are so right, she DOES deserve a background. I shall endeavor to give her one, and thanks for taking time out to critique my work. :)

15. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    Great work! :) Your poses are varied and very dynamic. I like how you're not afraid to try different styles and techniques like Manga style comics etc. :) My favourite would have to be the pose of your first work, the Twi-lek...she's so coy. :) A nice portfolio of varying work you're developing here. :D

16. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, wonderful additions, GreyJedi!! I have to agree with everyone's comments so far, on your excellent figure drawing/anatomy knowledge--all the poses are so fluid and natural, almost as though you had models pose for you! Your foreshortening is almost perfect (a skill that seems to evade me continually!! lol!)! And there's so much action in these, too--with the gestures and the "speed!" I think of your most recent pieces I like the Jedi Maskaron, your "White Wizard" (very cool picture, with the "runes" on the tablet behind him, and the "energy orb" above his outstretched hand!) and the "flying Jedi" in the last picture--great details in all the clothing and robes, and in the faces and expressions, too. Great stuff! =D=

FF

17. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    I love how vibrant everything is! The colors just make the pictures come alive and accentuate your wonderful drawing talent so well.

Anything more I could say has already been said. :p

18. krnbanguboi

Mar 4, 2005
    NIce! Since I'm a noob here how do you color your drawings using Photoshop?

19. wicktone

wicktone Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 30, 2003
    Hey, welcome to the forum. You've got a terrific selection of images here and it was great fun to look through all of them.

You've got a lot of very dynamic and interesting poses here. The position each character is in really adds to their 'personality'. I particularly like the ones for Jedi Maskaron and the White Wizard. Great job drawing their clothing as well. The characters who are jedi are all wearing jedi-robes, but each one is a little different as opposed to the standard uniform.

I'm looking forward to seeing more from you, mate.

20. krnbanguboi

Mar 4, 2005
    I agree nice job

21. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Of course I had to come in here to nosy... ;)

You have a nice collection of drawings here. I have to echo what the others have said already and comment on your grasp on the figure. That's something I know a lot of people struggle with(including myself) and it's really something to be proud of. Please keep up the awesome work! :)

22. Darth_ArsnL

Darth_ArsnL Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2005
    Wow awesome artwork!!! I can't believe this hasn't gotten more of a response. Excellent figures, I like the dynamic poses, and how most of them are in motion, and the poses- are very natural- very real

23. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    WoW! I'm glad everyone is enjoying the artwork, funny thing is, now that I started putting some work up, the ol' art gene is kicking in big time and I can't stop. If I don't go update my RPG pretty soon, ppl will start getting upset! LOL!

Corellian_Rogue, I wish I were as elocuent as FalconFan ( who's comments make me blush, btw. How does he do that?) YOUR work is awsome, awsome! Not only does it remind me of Brom's Darkwerks, It made me join DeviantArt as well. Thanks for the inspiration and the kick in the pants_all of you. I wish we shared a humongous studio or something, but this works just fine too!

FalconFan, I plan to try my hand at some SW portraits, thanks to you. :p Your renderings are so spot on, they're quite uncanny. I can almost hear them breathe. That's great sensitivity you got there, you infuse your drawings with such life, it's reminiscent of Norman Rockwell, and I'm not just saying that.

Handmaiden_Yane, I really like your work on Natalie Portman. I sense a request in the not so distant future. :) Thanks for dropping by again. Do you have any Joan of Arc stuff? ( particularly Mila Yoyovitch in the Messenger. The movie was awful, but she looked every bit the part.)

Krnbanguboi, Although I've been drawing for years, my forte' is color pencils, markers, watercolors, pastels, etc. I too am a noob with Photoshop and I'm only now discovering how 'wizard' a tool it is. I'm sorry I'm unable to give you photoshop pointers, but perhaps if you posted your questions or concerns in the Tools & Techniques Thread, someone in this great art community is bound to provide a suitable answer. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome Wicktone, It means alot. Please tell me you get paid for doing artwork_ you're far too talented not to be. Is that painter you're using? or are those actually paintings? Man, I'm there in those environments, especially the Dathomir Fight scene.There just something about it. I really like that one. Come to think of it, I'd better come to you for tips on backgrounds, seeing how I'm in desperate need for them.LoL! The talent in here is just staggering! Lucas needs to hire many of you. ( Especially if the TV show launches as rumoured). :D

HanSolo29, thanks for dropping by and thank you for helping a clueless greyjedi. Your encouragement is greatly appreciated, I just hope I don't burn myself out trying to do too many things at once. ( Hmm..too late, already doing that. LOL!)

Darth_Arsnl, Thanks for stopping by, likewise, I peeked over at your gallery and liked what I saw. Unsurprisingly, my eye gravitated towards the figure drawings. I'm really feeling those armored troopers of yours! The one with the electro-staff was great. That one was really well posed. I even found myself trying it out. :) Of course, a pic of Kit Fisto inside his Hydro shield is always a winner. He really looks like he's concentrating as he's manipulating the water. Also, I have to say, Vader Fueled 2 is a big winner. Showing the transition from sketch to finish really helped me appreciate the finish piece even more! Excellent texture. I can't wait to see more. :D

And on that note, I dug up a few drawings for your viewing pleasure. Mostly RPG related stuff. I 'touched up' some of the pics, especially after seeing what YOU guys can do. LOL!

Enjoy.

As stated before, I'm into DBZ. Here's a sketch idea for one of the characters we were drumming up for our post GT story.
    Chocorato

This one is a color sketch i touched up before posting here, This guy was to be a recurrent villan in our SW RPG. He only made his intro appearance before the game died.
    Dread Knight (study)

Ah, yes. Like Maskaron, Rivi was one of the PC in the game. Notice that he's carrying a side arm, which he used with almost equal proficiency as he did his lightsaber. Rivi

24. Handmaiden Yané

Jul 15, 2002
    :eek: Oh wow, that last piece, the woman, is AMAZING!!!!

I'm sorry I'm not really an artist person, or I'd love to give you more in-depth critique. But my favorite is defintely "The Scarlet Witch".

Handmaiden_Yane, I really like your work on Natalie Portman. I sense a request in the not so distant future. happy Thanks for dropping by again. Do you have any Joan of Arc stuff? ( particularly Mila Yoyovitch in the Messenger. The movie was awful, but she looked every bit the part.)

If you want a wallpaper, just ask. ;) And no, I haven't done any Joan of Arc but I like her so that would be a neat thing to do next.

25. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    I've made it my goal to discover the trick to rendering lightsabers, if its the last thing I do.

I agree! :) I can't seem to get the idea...I either make them look like flaming swords or dodgy neon lights! LOL I always put a heap of glow but that's just because I love dual lighting! I think just find a groove of saber style that suits you and go with that...it's all artistic licence I say. :D

Oh and I tried to look up Brom Darkwerk's stuff (yes shoot me because I don't know who that is), but couldn't find much in the way of images unfortunately. :(

Yeah! Another deviant to the list! What is your name and I'll give you a few pageviews. :D

I love the Jedi you've posted in your last post! His pose has a quiet tension but is really nice. and I love his name...sounds cool. Well done on this last round of work...the variation is really refreshing and wonderful. Oh and congratulate your friend on the gorgeous inking job...really smooth. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.