main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Grievances

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Phill, Oct 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Why won't some mods come discuss the issues with us?

Because some are not as familiar with the JCC anymore of which this entire issue surrounds, and thus don't feel qualified to go into discussions of what happens in there.

Secondly, some prefer to actually take time to write responses, and wait until there is a chance that there will be a chance for real discussion to take place. When 4 out of 5 posts on an issue come from exactly the same people repeatedly asking the same thing over, demanding why there hasn't been any action taken or things discussed, it doesn't actually help things. If you have something to say, put it down in writing, and then wait for more than one person to say something about it. It's not like everyone is sitting in the same room and can have the arguement and issues sorted out in full detail quickly, some are in different time zones, or actually have to work, and thus can't spend time at this very instant going through all of this right now.

So, tell us what you want/think, and then wait for a response. If you think of further things, or wish to expand on a point because you don't think that it's clear, go ahead and elaborate. But don't start complaining every hour or so that no one is responding. If there hasn't been anything for 24 hours, yes, ask why things aren't being said. Otherwise, how about waiting for people to take the time to come up with decent, reasoned responses?

And with that, I'm late for work.

2. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    "Irrelevant."

No, the response to those jokes in TPM is very relevant. It shows that there are a lot of people here in the JC who do not want bathroom humor shoved in their face, whether it's in a SW movie or in the JCC.

3. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    You know we're all scraping the bottom of the barrel when there's a drama thread over slightly off color jokes of all things.

4. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Wrong. It proved that people had a hard time with fart jokes in a story out of which they expected to cull profound truths.

The JCC, on the other hand, is equal parts nonsense and socializing. It's the damn Internet, not a legendary movie franchise. People look to the JCC to have fun, and when you eliminate the low-brow stuff just because it doesn't suit your finer tastes, you're hindering the fun in the community, not benefitting it.

So yeah, it's irrelevant, and your point is weak at best.

5. Cetera

Cetera Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 29, 2000
    SotS, it is irrelevant. What people's personal opinions of certain subjects are is only their opinion, and their opinion can't be allowed to infringe upon my rights to express my opinion.

Poop and fart jokes, and even alcohol, are all in the Star Wars movies, which is what these forums are dedicated to. Also, they all passed under a PG rating, so they are all clearly family safe. They may not be in good taste, but policy cannot be made based upon someone's opinion of good taste, or all the Nazi, Red China jokes are very, very justified. And since this whole thread is about our grievances, and how we feel that mods make policy decisions based on one person's opinion and how much they like it, this topic is very relavant. This is just another example of how we feel mods abuse their powers. It doesn't matter how they feel about the material. It matters whether or not that material is allowed to be here based upon the TOS.

6. Son of the Suns

May 6, 1999
    "People look to the JCC to have fun, and when you eliminate the low-brow stuff just because it doesn't suit your finer tastes, you're hindering the fun in the community, not benefitting it."

They seem to have no problem having fun as we speak. Why don't you join them?

7. Cetera

Mar 29, 2000
    Because our opinion of what is fun may differ, and you can't dictate us opinions as part of policy.

8. Darth_Spiegal

Darth_Spiegal Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    I gotta agree with KK.

9. Son of the Suns

May 6, 1999
    "Because our opinion of what is fun may differ, and you can't dictate us opinions as part of policy."

Once again, we can't please everyone. Not everyone's idea of fun is acceptable for this board.

10. Cetera

Mar 29, 2000
    Just because they don't care about them does not mean that they are not allowable based upon the rules of the board. If all the mods decide to go against us on this, you will have no ground to stand on whatsoever. It clears the TOS requirements. All the regulatory agencies (the MPAA, etc,) don't find them to be vulgar enough to warrant more than a PG rating. They are acceptable for this board. End of story. If you selectively enforce the TOS, you have no authority, no respect, and you sure as hell should have a revolt.

11. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    User acknowledges and agrees that use of the Jedi Council Forums is a privilege, not a right, and that the administration of the Jedi Council has the right, at its sole discretion, to revoke this privilege at any time without notice or reason. User agrees that this Agreement in its entirety applies to both public and private messages.

The goal of the Forums is to foster communication and the interchange of ideas within the online Star Wars community. User agrees and acknowledges that any posts, nicknames or other material deemed offensive, harassing, baiting or otherwise inappropriate may be removed at the sole discretion of the administration.

-- Terms of Service

12. Jedi Master RussDog

Jedi Master RussDog Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 26, 1998
    Quote by SOTS

""You're still arrogant, as your last post indicates. You're overbearing, your harsh."

And what are you? "

Well for one HE'S NOT AN ADMIN.

13. Son of the Suns

May 6, 1999
    A revolt? Over fart and poop threads? I'm sorry, but this is getting ridiculous.

14. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    They are acceptable for this board. End of story. If you selectively enforce the TOS, you have no authority, no respect, and you sure as hell should have a revolt.

We may lose respect and we may have a revolt (The Great Poop Rebellion?), but we won?t lose our authority. Like it or not, you don?t set what?s acceptable on these boards. That?s the prerogative of the site owners and their proxies (us).

15. Jedi Master RussDog

Jedi Master RussDog Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 26, 1998
    Common sense says if it wasn't bad for the last 4 years why in the blue hell should you change it.

16. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Four years ago there wasn't ex-mods who didnt like the fact that the place isnt the same as how theyd run it.

17. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    "Why don't you join them?"

If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were telling me to sod off. But surely a respectable, upstanding, sinless administrator such as yourself would never resort to such a flame. Therefore, I assume I have your permission to start the biggest, funniest, most popular poop and fart thread the JC has ever known, thereby participating in the fun.

18. The Bacon

The Bacon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2000
    Hey nice!

Another explanation free banning! Seems like you guys are reading a lot!

19. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Im sure he said that others are having fun in that forum, why not join them.

20. Darth_Spiegal

May 1, 2002
    So what you guys are basically saying is that the people who own and run this site don't have the right to set up their own rules?

THAT makes alot of sense.

21. The Bacon

The Bacon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 2, 2000
    So uh, you guys wanna explain what RussDog just did to get him banned? I see only 2 responses to statements in this thread, neither flames or containing any crudeness etc ...

22. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

Well, this had a noble beginning, but it has stepped beyond the reasonable. I will not participate actively in the JC Poop Rebellion, even though I think it's a bit overbearing to dismiss poops and farts in the name of family friendliness. But poop just ain't worth fighting and dying over. Only when the battle reaches my front door will I fight to protect my family from all manner of pooping and farting, and/or those who would try to take away our right to poop and fart in the privacy of our own homes.

AYBABTU?

23. Darth_Spiegal

May 1, 2002
    LOL at AYBABTU.

24. Cetera

Mar 29, 2000
    I agree. Is this "Ban every one who dares to question us" day? Why is Russ banned?

25. Son of the Suns

May 6, 1999
    ReaperFett is right, I did not mean it in the way you thought I did, BYOB.

Honestly, all this drama is a waste of time. There are much better things to do in life than complain about whatever we do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.