main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Grievances

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Phill, Oct 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
  2. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Cetera, do you see people like AYBABTU banned? He and others question us, but they do it in an intelligent, non-flaming way.

It's not what you say, but how you say it sometimes.

3. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    How about someone explain why people are even arguing about using scatalogical humor in the first place?? One in their right mind would assume this would be a non-issue here of all places.

4. GriffZ

GriffZ Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 27, 2001

I personally have no problem with poop or fart jokes, but obviously within reason. Used in moderation it can actually be funny...

But that's just me.

5. Cetera

Cetera Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 29, 2000
    Who did Russ flame? It looks to me like he pointed out a flaw in an argument, used a word that has been used several times in this thread so far, even by KW, and then got banned.

And AYBABTU, I am now onboard on this fight because it is something I can say is definitly covered in the TOS, and is still being locked by mods. This should be iron clad, and is the only thing that I can definitively say "It's in the rules."

6. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    The rules also say we can make up rules as we go along.

7. GriffZ

May 27, 2001

That doesn't mean we should.

8. Cetera

Mar 29, 2000
    Go ahead and add that to our list of grievances. And also, the unbanning of Jedi Master RussDog, please.

9. Gandalf the Grey

May 14, 2000
    That doesn't mean we should.

Oh, I?m not saying we should. What I?m saying is that complaining that something isn?t in the TOS is not an ironclad defense. We have the leeway to use our best judgment in each individual circumstance.

10. Son of the Suns

Son of the Suns Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 6, 1999
    I have to ask: Why do you guys care so much about changing the rules here? You have the fortune of having a place to go where there are no rules. Isn't that enough for you? Why spend so much time complaining about the lack of debauchery here, instead of enjoying the overflow of it over at the SC?

11. GriffZ

May 27, 2001

True, true. But it seems to me a precedent is being set here that extends beyond individual circumstances.

12. Cetera

Mar 29, 2000
    Kinda like it was your best judgement that you didn't like Kephy's joke, so you banned her? You get to make up rules like that on the spot? My, it isn't hard to see why you are so popular.

13. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    Hmm... I think I'm going to try making up a rule. As of now, gravity is outlawed.

/* jumps out of third floor window */

14. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    My, it isn't hard to see why you are so popular.

Ever been Lit? He is.

Sarcasm doesn't work sometimes :)

15. Gandalf the Grey

May 14, 2000
    I was personally insulted by that joke. An insult is also known as a ?flame?. I banned her for ?flaming?. And as it turns out, this ?flaming? thing is something that?s covered in the TOS. Feel free to check.

EDIT: Thanks, Reaper. :)

16. Carter-TFN

Carter-TFN Ex-Staff, Admin Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2001
    The way some of you are going about complaining and harassing the admins will achieve nothing.

17. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    Yes, I suppose we should all give up now. Resistance is futile. We will be assimilated.

18. GriffZ

May 27, 2001

No, I think everyone just needs to be a bit more respectful of the other side.

19. Cetera

Mar 29, 2000
    Why do you guys care so much about changing the rules here? You have the fortune of having a place to go where there are no rules. Isn't that enough for you? Why spend so much time complaining about the lack of debauchery here, instead of enjoying the overflow of it over at the SC?

What are you insinuating with the debauchery comment? I think that is a little out of hand, SotS. Get real. I am taking that as a flame.

We don't want to change the rules here. We want the rules enforced as they ar supposed to be. We want fairness, because this is our home too. We used to be here a lot. We love this place, and we hate to see it trashed by people who'll do what they want because they have the power, and are accountable to no one. We are users of this board too. I don't think you have seen me running around and flaming people, causing strife and mischief on these boards. I have concerns, and they should be considered, responded to, and dealt with.

Why doesn't everyone go to some other board? That way you could have it as your own personal playground. Or, why don't you go start your own board? Why doesn't everyone go aways except the people that registered back in '98? They were here first.

Because other people and you like this place too. And it is very easy to make it all work for everyone. Enforce the rules, don't let personal emotions dictate policy, don't abuse your power, have accountability for your own actions.

Instead, Russ gets banned for absolutely nothing at all. He made a valid point. Things are being changed here on whims of individual people, and it is wrong. We are calling you on it.

20. Carter-TFN

May 24, 2001
    Listen to the way the advisory council members are responding. They are much more tactful and invite discussion instead of resorting to harassing means.

21. BYOB_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2000
    GriffZ, you, at the very least, have my utmost respect.

Carter, as I said earlier, my powers of persuasive debate are not what UK Sullustan and Darth AYBABTU's are. Therefore, I can only stand behind what they're saying and add my own remarks as necessary.

22. Cetera

Mar 29, 2000
    And mine, Griffz.

23. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    We don't want to change the rules here. We want the rules enforced as they ar supposed to be. We want fairness, because this is our home too.

But many people do think the rules are being enforced fairly (throughout the forums). They see things as being fair already. Just because you and your group does not like how things are right now, that does not mean everyone does not like how it is (and I'm referring to members throughout various forums).

24. Cetera

Mar 29, 2000
    AYBABTU doesn't think they have been, and niether does BYOB. People do think we are right, but they don't want to disagree and get banned. Or they know that you won't ever change, and that there is no point. They are resigned to being oppressed.

I am off to work. I'll be back.

25. Carter-TFN

May 24, 2001
    Just because you and your group does not like how things are right now, that does not mean everyone does not like how it is (and I'm referring to members throughout various forums).

It always seems to be the same few individuals who dislike what's going on time and again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.