main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Grievous VS Mace Windu

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Ichor_Razor, Apr 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    After seeing the end of Chapter 21, do anyone of you think that if the battle between GG & Mace went on that Mace would PWN Grievous's @$$? (I mean, Mace was able to take on a WHOLE droid army while Grievous could only attack from close range since he is a droid).

-Also, Count Dooku Was already PWN Grievous in episode 22 & yoda could easliy have beaten him if he hadn't escaped in EII.

2. Saju

Saju Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2002
    I think that if they went one-on-one with lightsabers, the fight would be close. Keep in mind with Grievous vs Dooku, Grievous couldn't risk killing Dooku, so he might have been holding back a tad.
    Also, Grievous was going at it with Dooku with two sabers, and since Grievous had drawn four sabers when he saw Mace, he probably would have fought him with four.
    In my opinion, Mace MIGHT have lost. I realize Mace is really the one of the best saberists there is, but defending against four or five blades from a single opponent would be very hard, even if he was the best there is.

3. LandoSystem1138

LandoSystem1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2005
    Of course, seeing how Clone Wars season broke continuity, you can always choose to pretend it never happened.

4. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Both characters are overrated in the eu, very different than there movie counterparts.

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Mace DID pwn GG in Labyrinth of Evil. ;)

6. effortless_skill

effortless_skill Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Mace woudl have owned him,you clearly saw mace's force power aginst GG.He crushed him with out effort.mace took away the other 2 arms with ease.GG never felt force power like mace's before.we all saw his face when mace did that.he was in shock.

dpm is correct, mace owned GG in LOE

dooku goes along these lines and tells him he cant handle a vaapad user.

7. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001

Mace Windu > Jango Fett > Obi Wan > Grievous

8. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    Mace would oh so totally kick the living bejeezes out of Grievous.

9. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    I go with what is seen on film. Cartoons, novels, comic books, and video games are not done by GL himself. Whatever the movie shows, it is the gospol. Until I see GG in the movie, I won't comment on what he can or can't do. With Mace, I only go with what he does in the flicks. Will see what he does in the movie against Palpy.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    vong -- that is your choice, but on this board (like other items in the EU) those events DID happen in the official continuity.

11. effortless_skill

effortless_skill Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    funny that you only go by whats in the movies,but your name is Vong(EU) and your posting in the small screen board.

very funny.

12. MooMoney

MooMoney Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2005
    I go with Mace on the sheer fact he used the force to repeat one of Grievous' arms out at the end of chapter 25 before Grievous got a way with Palaptine...

13. Saju

Saju Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 21, 2002
    "He crushed him with out effort.mace took away the other 2 arms with ease."
    Did this happen in LoE? I never saw Grievous lose any of his arms in the Clone Wars. Also, to reiterate, what I said above is what I think would happen if they were going one-on-one with just lightsabers and no force.

14. MooMoney

MooMoney Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 30, 2005
    Saju:

If you go to Starwars.com you can see chapter 25 of the Clone was series and you see Mace using the force to rip out one of his arms...well I believe its his arm...all i know he rips something out of Grievous will perfect ease...

15. Saberwielder315

Saberwielder315 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    To be honest though, Windu in LOE was struggling a little bit against grevious. Actually Grevious had the upper hand on Mace when they were fighting ontop of the transcar. Mace got Lucky because one of Grevious' metal arms got stuck in the car, letting Mace force push him off of it. I think Grevious would have eventually tired Mace out and killed him.

However, the one factor were I think Mace could have won is that Grevious was still trying to learn Mace's fighting style. I don't remember the name of it, but Dooku was trying to teach it to him and Grevious was having some trouble. I think that is were Mace may have had the upper hand.

16. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    Grievous and Mace go at it in Labyrinth of Evil.

Mace kicks his ass, then pushes him off of a train.

17. jedimastermatthew

jedimastermatthew Jedi Youngling

Mar 23, 2005
    well mace is the second best jedi master he would win GG may be the greatest hand to hand fighter ever but he doesn't have the force as his ally

18. vong333

Oct 18, 2003
    WOOO cowboy! I love the eu myself, and I know that some of you consider the eu gospol,while many other fans don't. I collect the damn thing myself. Unfortunately though the, bottom line is the movie is what really shows what a character can do. If that is not so, then I belive that Mace can fly, GG has repulsors hidden in his legs as stated in the LOE novel, and Yoda can crush two landers at the same time.

On the topic of GG vs. Mace, well the force has given Mace superhuman abilities to include all the other jedi's whether in eu or movie. GG is a half robot/half alien with advanced protocal algorithims. Droids are faster and stronger than flesh and blood. If you take the powers of the force away from the jedi characters, then it is GG all the way unless someone unorthodox can get a lucky hit. Can happen, some of the best warrioirs can be beaten by someone that is unbalanced and uncoordinated. With the force, then the strongest like Mace, Yoda, Anakin, and Obi-Wan can beat'em.

I know that the eu is accepted here at least on the boards, but bear in mind that not every star wars loving fan posts on boards like these, and many more don't believe or accecpt eu or for that case know anything about it. That is why I posted that the movie is what defines the characters. Not everybody watches cartoons, not everyone reads comic books, and not everyone play star wars video games or read the occassional star wars novel.

19. Jedi_Nivek

Jedi_Nivek Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    Well I think GG would never be able able to kill my man Mace because look Mace has the Force and GG can get really hurt from the Force!And plus in one of the Clone Wars episods Mace uses the Force on GG and kicks his @$$!!!!!!!!!

20. tephjo

tephjo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    Mace would own GG.

It would be like GG vrs Dooku.

Dooku/Mace could out saber fight him WITHOUT the force, with it, hes toast.

21. Jedi_Nivek

Jedi_Nivek Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    Well lets take a vote,if u think GG would win put 900 if u think Mace would win press 800!800 thats my vote

22. padawan-yoda

padawan-yoda Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2005
    mace would win becuase he can use the force and even if GG did get in close I still think mace would destroy him

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.