main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI Griffins/Fury Planning Meeting on February 9th

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by stiger1, Jan 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stiger1

stiger1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2007
    Posted by sportsanchor at the GreatLakes Garrison.

Hey guys,

I spoke with Blizz and we both agreed it would be a good idea to meet on Saturday, February 9th to discuss and finalize some things for the upcoming Griffins & Fury hockey events. All are welcome!

Topics of discussion will include but not be limited to:

- Assigning "captains" for each event
    - When costumers should arrive at each event
    - Assembling costume support staffers for each event
    - Assigning troopers for "In-Game" entertainment at each event
    - Anything else we feel we need to discuss

Jon Leopold has offered to be the "Costume Support Captain" for both the Fury & Griffins events. We will decide at this meeting how many costume support staffers we'll need and then pass that number along to Jon. He will then select who he wants as costume support staffers for both events. Costume Support should be a very big discussion topic at the meeting because the days of being able to get your mother, brother, sister and sister's kids in for free are a thing of the past. We REALLY need to tighten this area up at the "major" events. While we appreciate the help, we no longer want to "over-staff" these events. That tends to lead to people standing around doing nothing or not being assigned a role.

I leave for Lakeland Florida on Thursday, February 14th and will be gone until Friday, February 22nd covering the Tigers and the Daytona 500 for TV. That's why I feel it's important we have this meeting BEFORE I leave so several areas of both events are put in stone. When I get back, the Fury event will be 3 weeks away and that may not be enough time.

This meeting can take place at my house. I will post my address once I see people committing to the meeting. I say we gather that day around 1pm. The meeting will last as long as it takes for us to get thru discussing both hockey events.

John Blizzard will run the meeting, but all of us will contribute to the discussion.

Please post here if you can make the meeting on 2/9.

Thanks,
    Brent

2. lovelucas

lovelucas Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2004
    I can make most of anything local (no more conventions for the time being). I'm just not sure if non officers are able to contribute much to the meeting but I can attend if you want an ear. and if you need less Jedi and more support in any other area I can do that also or instead of costuming. Whatever you guys need..

3. StarscreamPrime

StarscreamPrime Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2006
    Ooooooh, yeah! It's getting near go time! [face_dancing]

Of course I'll be there.

4. Count_Scoobith

Count_Scoobith Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    aarrgg... why does this happen to me? things over lap? :( ? :D
    I might have an alumni pep band that day and at that exact time. I say might because that time and date hasn?t been 100% confirmed yet. Incase it?s later that day or another date all together; I?ll be at this meeting.

5. jabba974

jabba974 Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 17, 2004
    I'll be available for both events, But I have to work until 5:00pm on the 9th so I wont be able to get to the meeting, but, whatever help you guys need I'll be ok with.

Joel

6. M1B4K4TIES

M1B4K4TIES Jedi Youngling

Apr 4, 2006
    i'm there, i might have missed it but i didn't see where the meeting is and when. if anyone needs my email it's m1b4k4tied@hotmail.com see you there.

7. Count_Scoobith

Count_Scoobith Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 11, 2004
    How did the meetting go?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.