Grimsby Town FC - Going up? Post your support for the Mariners here :-)

Discussion in 'North' started by timbolton, May 26, 2006.

?

Grimsby Town FC - Going up? Post your support for the Mariners here :-)

Poll closed Mar 26, 2012.
Yes of course they will go to 1st Division 5 vote(s) 62.5%
Maybe (I like the fence I am sat on) 1 vote(s) 12.5%
No way, Cheltenham are going up (boo! hiss) 2 vote(s) 25.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    North East town in need of a break! Ever since I supported them they seem to have gone downhill (and two divisions) ... but I have faith that my curse on them will run out soon (I am open for offers to support Chelsea btw for next season so I can send them down to the Championship for you, high bids are most welcome and I won't buy all the players with all the money :p ).

Good luck Grimsby, may Cheltenham slip on their behinds on the field of battle, may fish fingers be the dish of the day!

[image=http://www.u-reds.com/images/logos/grimsby179x200.gif]
  2. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
  3. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  4. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I wonder who the coward is who voted "no" and then didn't post? [face_thinking]

Reveal yourself oh scared one, and face your punishment like a man!
  5. edgejedi88 Jedi Master

star 4
    Which one am I? Ah yes - the one who hates football anyway....and Grimsby? Good for fish mate - nowt else :p

[image=http://www.cookephoto.com/images/65-11-22.jpg]
  6. spike_thmid Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm backing Grimsby all the way !!! [face_peace]

My best mates girlfriend is a big Grimsby fan & she has come up here to support the Mighty Boro a few times (and she got really carried away at the Steaua Bucharest game)

Plus when the barcodes played Grimsby earlier this season, one of Grimsby's defenders gave She-Ra a taste of his own medicine [face_beatup] & when Mary Poppins 'offered him out' the Grimsby fella just said something along the lines of "ok, me and you down the tunnel, I'll see you there" and what did She-Ra do? ran away [face_laugh] then had the cheek to go on national TV to moan about people elbowing :eek:

So yes, COME ON THE MARINERS !!
  7. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Haha! I saw the She-Ra incident, very funny. And since I watched that match and look where it got em, you think I should not watch match and wait for results?

BBC pre-match thinking - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_3/5010270.stm
  8. Ramble_Boba Force Ghost

star 5
    "We only sing when we're fishing"

Of course the town are going up! We are the mighty black and whites. Also, I was at the Newcastle game and didn't actually see the incident from my position, but saw in the highlights and made me laugh. Alan Shearer "I could of gone out there and done him" of course, Justin Whittle the ex-squaddie, he would of battered you Alan.

ANyway, it looks like I will not be off to Cardiff tomorrow, cash flow and all. I was waiting to hear on a free ticket, but I don't think it has come off due to the transport. So I will be just sat here listening to Town starting out journey back to where we belong!

Harry Haddock will bring us luck! Come on Town!
  9. JONJEDI Force Ghost

star 5
    No way, Cheltenham are going up! Waey! Woooo! [face_dancing]

:p Nah, I voted Grimbsby really Tim. O:)
  10. timbolton Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Got them on TV now :) Not sure that'll curse em, but the person who started this all of by saying Grimsby were pants and then his own team couldn't beat them, is there at Cardiff, on Cheltenham's side. Surely that has to curse the non-Northerners.
  11. JONJEDI Force Ghost

star 5
    Grimsby 0-1 Cheltenham.

:oops:
  12. FatBurt Force Ghost

star 5
  13. spike_thmid Jedi Master

star 4
  14. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
  15. Ramble_Boba Force Ghost

star 5
  16. Jairen Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I posted no just now, but that's because the result was already in :p

Gutted for you though, having to lose on penalties like that.
  17. Ramble_Boba Force Ghost

star 5
    Wrong match, the other play off the day before was penos, Town lost in 90 minutes :(
  18. Ramble_Boba Force Ghost

star 5
    And now Grimsby are without a mananger. Slade was in contract talks but they couldn't meet an agreement. Perhaps we can go back to playing proper football and not long ball style
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.