main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Gripe Line...Vent Here!

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Qui-Gon_Tom, Nov 17, 2007.

1. quigonschuel

quigonschuel Jedi Master star 4

Jun 13, 2011
    How is it that the Bills can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory just about every week?

2. JDuffPhoto

JDuffPhoto Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 3, 2010
    Because. It's the Bills. If we ever acutally won the SuperBowl (or Stanley Cup, if the hockey season ever kicks off....), we wouldn't know what to do. We have two champion teams in Buffalo. The Bisons have won their league championship 6 times and the Bandits have also won multiple times. Neither gets the credit they deserve.

3. quigonschuel

Jun 13, 2011
    Too true. I was there for the Bandits' 1993 and 1996 championships...much excitement! The Bills...not so much anymore (about the ONLY exciting game I was at was the AFC Championship before Superbowl XXVI).

4. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    I have been in attendance for 3 Buffalo championship teams..the Bandits, The Bisons, and also dont forget our short lived roller hockey team that won a championship. also was at the 3 home stanley cup games where the sabres where robbed by the "no Goal" contraversy and so started my now ever growing hatred for one gary bettman....thanks for a 3 rd NHL Lockout and possible loss of yet another NHL season.

5. jediprof

jediprof Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2009
    That Google site is great!

6. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Can't wait to leave work at 5 again....adding up some PT during my busy season. A few days left to repeat myself to people who could have attended group sessions and saved me time.

7. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    If you are 27, own your on company, and need health insurance, please DO NOT bring your parents along nor call them on speakerphone during your scheduled appointment with a licensed, honest insurance professional who truly cares about saving you money and receives no compensation for directing you to a particular plan or carrier. It would be especially appreciated if you didn't need to think it over again for one more day and come back for a second appointment during the 2 busiest days of the year where my services are needed to help the other 650 people and 50 new enrollees.

This is the end of the rant for the insurance man who showed hard reasons why to avoid a particular insurance carrier and save $1300 next year...

8. 72Princess

72Princess Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 15, 2010
    I LOVE getting my Christmas Break schedule 4 days before Christmas, finding out I have to work Christmas EVE!! It's AWESOME!

I love it almost as much as today being Jan 1 and not having my work schedule beyond next week. It makes me giddy!

9. JDuffPhoto

Jun 3, 2010
    It amazes me that so many people who have been logging into their computers for several weeks, if not a month or two using the same credentials day in and day out, can suddenly forget their password to log in after taking only a couple days off of work. Always the excuse of having too many passwords to remember.
    They have three to keep track of. I have twenty... just sayin...

10. JDuffPhoto

Jun 3, 2010
    Since when is rolling along doing 15 miles per hour on Niagara Falls Blvd during lunchtime traffic in Amherst while in the left hand lane acceptable????

Two gripes in one day. I just can't wait to get home....

11. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    why is it the heat in your office breaks on the coldest day of the year so far? it was ZERO degrees when I got to work yesterday.........

12. 72Princess

Jun 15, 2010
    I... <cough cough>
    Feel... <sneeze sneeze>
    Like.... <cough cough>
    Crap..... <shiver shiver>

13. quigonschuel

Jun 13, 2011
    Have to get my car fixed this coming week...not gonna be cheap. :(

14. 72Princess

Jun 15, 2010
    Resisting the urge to turn in my notice today...

However, the BORG collective keeps repeating... "Resistance is futile".

JDuffPhoto likes this.
  15. JDuffPhoto

Jun 3, 2010
    You hear voices in your head too? Mine even started texting me....

72Princess and quigonschuel like this.
  16. MilosMom

MilosMom Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 27, 2009
    Well, at least we are never alone.

72Princess likes this.
  17. Mother_of_the_Twins

Mother_of_the_Twins Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 8, 2005
    What? I can't hear you over the noise from the INCESSANT loudspeaker notices about Check Out Hunger. It's a very good cause, but it makes it hard to hear the customers.

18. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    Went to the doctor feeling fine, after going to the office with all of the sick people... Have a cold. [face_sick]

19. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    Tell them I want my co-pay back for getting me sick!

20. 72Princess

Jun 15, 2010
    get in line....

21. JDuffPhoto

Jun 3, 2010
    So my daughter had a "2 page written report" and diorama due today in school. The topic was the tundra. Needed to describe the ecosystem, animal life (several descriptions - what kind of animals, what they ate, where they lived, etc), food chain, climate, among some other requirements for the paper.

Heidi and I both agreed, this was a high school assignment. Try as I might, we could not condense this down less than 8 pages and I spent hours...until 2am working on that diorama. Parents had to work this assignment as none of us could possibly expect a 4th grader to do this on their own.

I am so tired right now.

22. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    Z-pak don't fail me now!

23. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    I have to wonder why some unfortunate joyless idiots go so far out of there way to make me want to shove a
    boot so far up their rear end that their breath smells like shoe polish... Don't poke the sleeping bear.

24. JediXXL

Apr 11, 2003
    Do you normally act like a knob, or is today a special occasion?

25. OP-Antique-Mall_W17

OP-Antique-Mall_W17 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 9, 2011
    I was quickly scrolling over the page to get to the bottom, and then I had to stop and read over everything when I noticed someone mentioned the BORG. I love those guys. Completely forgot what I was going complain about. Thanks :)