main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ground Transportation from Orlando Airport

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MattDoc, Jul 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    I'm still researching this myself, but figured a thread might be helpful so we can share ideas on how to get to/from the airport to/from your hotel.

We can also use this for anyone who wants to team up and share a ride.

Here's the first link I've found from the airport website:

http://www.orlandoairports.net/gt.htm

2. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Here's the company I'm using:

http://mearstransportation.com/

Its a shared ride service so you have to schedule a pickup time and all that, but its only $29 for the round trip to and from the airport.

3. MattDoc

MattDoc Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2009
    Was just looking at that one too. since I-drive is so close to the airport even if the shuttle has people at various hotels it should still be relatively quick. Plus, you'll get to get a quick tour of the area and see where things are as they drive to the different hotels.
    I've booked things like this in Las Vegas and it's always much quicker, cheaper, and easier than dealing with taxi lines.

EDIT: One thing to keep in mind if you go for a round trip deal like this....it seems like they expect to pick you back up at your hotel. If you are like me and leaving Sunday evening, you'll be checked out of your hotel by then and most likely at the show so you'll have to make your way back to your hotel to get the ride.

4. jedimomtosith

jedimomtosith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2009
    I posted this on a few other places, but I'm flying in on August 11th at about 12pm. I'm renting a car to get around. If anyone is coming in around the same time and wouldn't mind helping with gas I can pickup and drop off at hotel around convention center. Also, I leave on the 15th at about 6pm-ish if you need a ride back to the airport. I'm also going to the Disney party in my car to avoid the shuttle. Parking at Disney is $14 if you want a ride to Disney's Hollywood Studios and don't mind helping with the parking fee. I already have one person plus myself I probably have room for 2 more with little luggage to and from airport. Let me know.

5. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    Mears is an excellent transportation company. I always use them when in Orlando. I have a 'VIP' status with them, so I get a discount. I pay 50$ one way, to any destination; so 100$ a day throughout the con, except Saturday, due to the Disney event. Days like Sunday, my plane leaves such a way that I had to have the car all day so they could hold my luggage for me; even that wasn't too expensive. I would definitely call them because they have a lot of options to choose from.

6. EnviousSerious-Rue

EnviousSerious-Rue Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2009
    Yes, I too, was planning on using Mears. Reliable. Friendly. No fuss - no must!
    I'll be arriving on Monday, 9th.

7. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I fly into MCO at least once per year. I've used Mears, taxi, and town car. They're all great options depending on your situation. Mears has a taxi calculator on their web site. From the airport to my hotel a taxi is estimated at about $33. This can vary depending on traffic (duration of trip). If you have more than two people a taxi is generally a cheaper option and takes you directly to your destination without stopping at other hotels. Don't forget to figure in tip (but I always tip the shared ride driver because he helps with my bags so it's not a factor). A town car can be a little more expensive but offers additional options. Fl Tours, a company I've used and had good service with, offers a 30 minute grocery stop on the arrival leg. The round trip fare is $109 and a 20% tip is expected. They meet you at baggage claim with a sign and take your bags to the car. I travel solo often so it's really nice not to have to deal with lugging my suitcases out to a taxi or Mears van.

8. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    Mears does the same thing as that ^. It's what I do every time.

9. Jinsei

Jinsei Jedi Youngling

Mar 24, 2010
    I wouldn't mind going with you to the Disney part if you still have room.

I'm also renting a car, and flying in on the 11th, but my plane won't get in until 10pm. If there's anyone arriving that late, I'll be happy to give people a ride to their hotels as well. I mainly got the car because my mom lives close by and she'd get mad at me if I didn't visit her while I was at least in the same timezone, let alone state... :p So I can drive people to their hotels, but I'll be at my mom's on Sunday... so I can't drive them back. Unless they are leaving on Monday around 11 am.

Also, if Jedimomtosith's car is full, and people want to pile into mine, help with parking and gas, and I'll drive.

10. wertyfun

wertyfun Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2010
    do you still have room in your car.We are going be at airport also @ 12 on aug 11.We are 2 adults and 1 child.thanks

11. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Anyonr going back to the airport right after the con on sunday? 5 pm ready to go? I'd like to try for the 630 pm flight...

12. wertyfun

wertyfun Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2010
    I AM ARRIVE WEDNESDAY AROUND NOON AND ANYONE ELSE ARRIVE WEDNESDAY AND AROUND THAT TIME;

13. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I shoukd via memphis...

14. wertyfun

wertyfun Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2010
    we are coming from st.louis mo and are fight stop at 8;35 nashville and then arrive orlando 11;20 am.

15. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    We get to the airport at 9:15am Monday morning. Anyone else going to be there?

16. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I'll Second (or 3r, 4th...) Mears. Great company, very dependable and you can set up everything on line.

17. MajinKaze

MajinKaze Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    I would just like to thank the people on this thread. I'm still kinda new to setting up transportation from airports (I usually meet friends/family at the airport), so this thread has been a HUGE help. Thanks once again!

18. MrZAP

MrZAP Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 2, 2007
    I'm flying in from LAX and will arrive at the airport at around 5PM on Wednesday, so I should be out by 5:45 or so at the latest. Is it possible for anyone to pick me up and give me a ride to my hotel (Comfort Inn) if I help pay for gas. It'll certainly be cheaper than a professional service...

19. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    I'll try to post in here just how well (or badly) my attempt to do this by public bus goes, as I've not seen that option discussed.

20. MajinKaze

MajinKaze Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 1, 2005
    Sorry, dude. If I were transporting myself, I'd give you a ride, since I'm getting in around the same time as you, and even going to the same hotel. I've booked transportation with Mears though. :(

21. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    Yeah.... bus out of the airport is alright.... but tricky in that my attempt to change over to itrolley went... poorly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.