main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Group Etiquette" or "Was she crazy"

Discussion in 'Archive: Gainesville, FL' started by Master_SweetPea, May 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_SweetPea

Master_SweetPea Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    Just felt like starting a group etiquiette thread because of the lady who went off on us at the theater, for those of you who were not there this is a basic breakdown.

There was a long line inside the Cinema Building, but outside the actual theater showing "HitchHiker's..." I got in the line and some folks got behind me, then the other Gator Knights caught up and skipped the people behind me, we are a group after all. Then a lady directly behind us, went wacko and had some words for some of us. We offered to let her go ahead of us, (the movie starts the same time, reguardless), but she didn't want to go ahead of us she just wanted to complain.

Were we wrong?

What's the best way to handle situations like this?

Did you like the movie?

2. FettGirlPam

FettGirlPam Jedi Youngling

Apr 27, 2005
    well, from what i could infer, she had a bad and/or long day, and nothing anyone said or could have done would have changed her mind. when i asked her if they would like to move in front of us, she looked as if she was ready to cry. she couldn't even make eye contact with me when i spoke to her. so i'm guessing she was trying to have a nice evening out, and due to her extremely high level of stress, there was no way because everything that was going on around her was out of her control and "against her." i don't think we did anything wrong, and if there was a true problem and not just someone venting out loud, the management would have been called over. right? yeah. but maybe for future reference, everyone should go get in line first, and then take turns going to the potty, one at a time. (as a side note, as we entered the theater, she was walking behind me and going on about how they "might as well walk this way because there won't be any seats anyway." so nothing would have pleased her.) and that's my rant.
    -pam.

3. Darthtengence

Darthtengence Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2005
    I try not to let people like that bother me even though i did kinda over react when i heard what she said. After i realized that it was just stupid to let it bother me.

Jason

4. Master_SweetPea

Nov 18, 2002
    maybe she sensed that the force is strong with you, and was trying to turn you to the darkside so she could take you as an aprentice.

5. JediKnightOB1

JediKnightOB1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 26, 2003
    I say that next time some old biddy like her starts to complain, we all have a "pity party" for her and tell her to come to grips with her stupidity and that if she doesn't we will take her out back and "hurt her."

6. Master_SweetPea

Nov 18, 2002
    that is not the way of the Jedi...

7. JediKnightOB1

Jan 26, 2003
    Jedi do not concern me.

8. Leiaremer

Leiaremer Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 12, 2002
    Just use the jedi mind trick and tell her that we were really all there to begin with.

9. JediKnightOB1

Jan 26, 2003
    No, we will not. I will say that we "Force Choke" her and make her beg for mercy.

All the while saying...
    "I have you now."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.