main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mass Group Meet for Star Wars Clone Wars Movie!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Obi-Jeff-Kenobi, Aug 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Jeff-Kenobi

Obi-Jeff-Kenobi Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2008
    Hey everyone i just want to see if we could get everyone to come and attend the movie this friday the 15th for the showing at Black Stone Valley Cinema in Millbury, MA. Hopefully we can orginized this group effort. For some of us who have costumes we will be waering them. And if anyone wants to take pics may do so. I am going to head down there this tuesday to find out info about this friday. So please if anyone is interested in doing the group effort please post here and let me know. Thank you for your time.

2. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    The only showing that Blackstone has listed so far is the Midnight showing Thursday night/Friday morning. As far as I can see on movietix.com and their actual parent company home site. I plan on going at Midnight and will probably go once at an early showing with a bud of mine and whatever is decided for the evening showing.

3. Darth_Beanie

Darth_Beanie Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 20, 2008
    I am at the Boston Common AMC Theater and the 501st is here for a sneak preview showing of Clone Wars.

The Jabba the Hutt is here from last year at SMF.

There is a R2-D2, Boba, Jango, Vader, Slave Leia, Stormtrooper, Royal Guard, Imperial Officer,Biker Scout, Shadow Biker Scout.

I will try and get some pictures up or send them to people who want to see them.

4. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    Here are the times for Blackstone Valley theater in Millbury for Friday. They are doing a midnight showing on Thursday night/Friday morning

Blackstone Valley 14: Cinema de LuxBUY TICKETS - 11:30am, Noon, 2:05pm, 2:35pm, 4:35pm, 5:05pm, 7:00pm, 9:45pm, 12:10am

5. Darth_Beanie

Mar 20, 2008
    I think I am going to the Bellingham theater for this event.

Also I heard about the 501st being on hand at Bellingham.

I also have to get up at 5 a.m. on Friday for work.

6. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I'll be going to the midnight show in Woburn, Mass. Can't wait!

7. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Is that for the midnight showing? I was hoping the 501st would be there Saturday. I'm taking my son and nephew and I know they'd both get a HUGE kick out of seeing some troopers in armor.

8. Obi-Jeff-Kenobi

May 28, 2008
    Thanks for that info. If i cant make it to the Mid Night showing of this between Thursday/Friday morning i think who ever wants to do a group event for Friday mid day i am up for it at Black Stone Vally. We just need to set a time for us to meet and buy our tickets and have a blast. Just reply and let me know. ChewKing When are u guys going?

9. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I am going at midnight showing in Millbury heading to TGI Fridays around 10:00 pm for food and drinks. If you go tonight that is where I will be. I am not sure what is happening tomorrow. I am thinking of going mid day 11:30 with a fellow trooper and maybe tomorrow night with another one. Say 9:45 show need to work out more details. lol

10. Obi-Jeff-Kenobi

May 28, 2008
    Hey ChewKing do you think it would be possible if i came alone with you to millbury. I cant seem to find a ride. Everyone that said they would bring me they changed there minds. If you can let me know i will be on aim and yahoo so we can talk more about it. Also if you want to call me you may do so at 508 843 2139. Thanks.

11. Darth_Beanie

Mar 20, 2008
    I thought Bellingham was having a midnight show? I went to get my ticket and they said no midnight show.

12. Obi-Jeff-Kenobi

May 28, 2008
    That stinks, could you try to make it to Millbury?

13. Darth_Beanie

Mar 20, 2008
    So what did people think of the movie who saw it?

And no spoilers please..I am going tonight.

14. Obi-Jeff-Kenobi

May 28, 2008
    I didn't go last night i fell asleep i was really tierd hopefully i will go today. I will still be going to Millbury so hopefully i would meet you there Chewyking, or anyone else there to.

15. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I will be seeing it at the 9:45 show tonight. Should be going with DW and hitting one of the restuarants before hand for dinner. I may hit it here soon 11:30 but I am not sure have to get the grass mowed. lol

16. Obi-Jeff-Kenobi

May 28, 2008
    Would it be possible if you could pick me up before you head to the theater not sure if i will have a ride there or not. Just let me know if you can or not. just give me a call i wil be around.

17. Obi-Jeff-Kenobi

May 28, 2008
    Hey everyone i will be at the Black Stone Valley Theater with the MA Jedi Temple I will be in costume. I will be ariving there early like around 7:50pm. If anyone wants to join me and Chewyking are welcome just give me a call at 608 843 2139.

18. SaberJedi2

SaberJedi2 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 5, 2007
    Wow, definitely wished I made it here a bit earlier. I went last night to the Danvers midnight showing and it was pretty quiet...

19. Obi-Jeff-Kenobi

May 28, 2008
    Hey Chewyking i am not sure if you or if anyone else went to the showing tonight at black stone, but i did and i had a blast. A lot of people took photo's of me with them. I gave out a bunch of MA Jedi Temple Padawan T-shirts. I did some saber style techniques for people and they loved it. I hope some people from here would have been there to. Three members from my group came and we are having our pics uploaded to our website now you will be able to look at them very soon. That movie was a blast even for the little kids.

20. WifeofVader

WifeofVader Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2005
    Hi guys!

I am gearing up to see it tonight at Salomon Pond Regal...

Can't wait!

21. sithkeith1701

sithkeith1701 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2008
    Hello all,

I found the movie to be a very good story. Its a nice lead into the tv series that is coming up. I will always love the live action movies better, but I did enjoy the movie. The critics had said a lot of negative things about the The Clone Wars. A true star wars fan will enjoy this movie. The kids loved it and want to see it again.

22. chewykingwookie

Jul 24, 2005
    I saw it a couple times this weekend (actually Friday but who is saying what day I saw it) and thought it was pretty good. It was a pretty good story and will be a good lead in for the rest of the series. I am assuming that each episode will have a different battle or adventure for the various characters in the series. I am sure this will totally negate what the mini-series told that we had a few yrs ago it almost has to.

23. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    I thought it was pretty good.

I am hoping to see it again this weekend along with Dark Knight at the drive in. The kids both loved it too!

I thought that the actors who played characters NOT voiced by the original actors did a good job in their portrayal.

I was disappointed though that there was only about 10 people in my theater on Saturday afternoon.... compared to when RoTS came out and every show was sold out for days....

24. sithkeith1701

sithkeith1701 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2008
    Every news organization ripped this Star Wars film to shreds. The reporters who did like it were very few and far between. These people obviously care more about the acting and special effects than the story line. I thought it was well done.....

25. WifeofVader

Sep 22, 2005
    An interesting read... and yes, food for thought.

http://www.telegram.com/article/20080819/EWORCESTER/307/-1/eworcester&template=eworcester

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.