main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Group Name

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by LoboStele, Aug 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoboStele

LoboStele Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2002
    Hey guys....

I know I don't post on here a lot, but I almost always read a lot of the posts. And I must say, I've been very disappointed with the past weeks' discussions....

Where and when did this name change thing happen? Dale, I totally understand your frustration at the beginning of the "unnamable" post regarding not having any meetings. But as far as I can tell, "Worldwide Tatooine Federation" was something somebody just pulled out of their butt on the spur of the moment.

Also, I understand the level of frustration everyone had toward Dantana and Minicia, but I have to admit, I totally agree with their positions and actions on the whole matter. Like Anthony said, there are people under the age of 18 that frequent these boards. There is a reason why you are supposed to prove your age to see an R rated movie. Just because a minor "might" hear a curse word here or there doesn't mean we intentionally use or refer to them in places where we know minors are present.

Also, I support the suggestions to not even allow the use of asterisk's. I mean, why should anyone even be cursing at all on these forums? Let's all remember that although our freedom of speech is a privilege and a right, these boards are a gift, and we must follow the rules that are set out for us.

2. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    I think our group is still called the Orlando Fan Force (O.F.F., lol). Thanks for supporting my opinion. If anyone wants to change the group name, go ahead and we will vote on weither we want the change or not, although I really think it is all very pointless. There is also no excuse for cursing on these boards, like you said. It seems this whole "WTF" thing is over now, so lets all just forget about it.

3. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    Just one question Anthony, who was cursing? The few of us that do hang out and go to meetings have decided thats what we want. You dont want the change? Come to a meeting or an outting and voice your thoughts.

4. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    I've had unreliable phone service lately and have been very busy for the last week or few, so I've not been online a whole lot. One of the few times that I did spend some time on, I wrote a lengthy response to the dead, and hopefully buried, thread in question. I got disconnected, and with that I lost everything I'd written. Very perturbing, such that I didn't even respond after that. In many ways I said the same things as Aaron in his post that started this thread. I won't rehash them here, and the parts I'd add would mean extra typing, and it's awfully late, and at least one person on these boards has heard them already.

The one thing I will add is that I want us to continue being the Orlando System. It has a nice ring, it's got relevance in a punny way, and I like to say OS. I like to downplay the connection to one all-powerful Website.net so you'll never hear me term us the Orlando Fan Force. Ick. -Campbell

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.