main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CVII Group photos

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Obi Anne , Mar 4, 2015.

1. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Here we can post what we know about group photos. Even if you are not a member of the costuming groups, it's usually quite an event just watch themed groups stand together.

Thursday 1 pm - All costumers group photo **moved from Friday 9 am**
    This is a first for Celebration. Do you have a SW costume? Great, then you are welcome to be part of the All costumers photo, no matter if you are in a club or not. At the fountain in front of the convention center.

Thursday 2:15 pm - Rebel Legion Galactic Senate
    Princesses, Queens, senators and senatorial guards of the Rebel Legion will meet up at the fair left stairs of the entrance. This can be the most sparkling and elegant of all the photoshoots, unless everyone shows up as Leia after the trash compactor. RL members only in the photo

Friday 7:45 am - Red Shirt Squadron group photo
    Do you own the infamous red Millennium Falcon shirt from Target? Join up with your fellow red shirt owners for a group pic!
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1614921288738553/

Friday 8 am - Rebel Legion Group photo
    Long live the rebel alliance, or the republic, or simply any hero or good guy. If you want to be in the photo you need to be a member of the Rebel Legion, but if you are not a member this is a great chance to see a lot of your favorite heroes at the same time. RL members only in the photo

Friday 8:30 am - Rebel Pilots photo
    All pilots will remain in position after the main RL photoshoot. RL members only in the photo

Friday 11:30 am - Knights of the Jedi Order photo
    All the jedi of the Rebel Legion will gather in front of the fountain. RL members only in the photo

Friday 1:30 pm - Rebel Legion Slave Leia photo
    At the Jabba statue. If you are not interested in seeing a big group of Slave Leias it might be a good idea to avoid this area at that time, it's usually really crowded and hard to pass by. RL members only in the photo

Friday 2 pm - Mandalorian Mercs photo
    Tired of seeing just Boba Fett and Jango Fett? This is the chance to see a huge range of different Mandalorian bounty hunters. At the fountain at the entrance.

Friday 3 PM - #AhsokaLives group photo.
    All you have to do to participate is wear Ahsoka-related anything! T-shirts, costumes, costume t-shirts, face paint - you get the idea! We'll meet by the fountain in front of the Anaheim Convention Center (you can't miss it!) for a group photo at 3:00pm.*
    https://www.facebook.com/events/673549436089286/

Saturday 10 am - Han Solo Cosplay Girls meetup & group photo
    Underneath the Han Solo banner at the front entrance.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/968278549871216/

Saturday 11 am - FISD photo
    The FISD is the stormtrooper undergroup of the 501st. So this will be a photo with just clean and white stormtroopers in it. At the fountain in front of the entrance. 501st members only in the photo

Saturday noon - Mandalorian Mash-Ups
    Mandalorian Mash-Ups (Mando costumes crossed with something else) will be meeting up at Roxy the Rancor on Saturday at noon for a photo op.
    https://www.facebook.com/1390022462...9002246274100/425464750961180/?type=1&theater

Saturday noon - Jolly Roger Squadron photo
    Jolly Roger Squadron is the pilot undergroup of the 501st. This will be a photoshoot with just imperial pilots. The steps on the roof of the convention centre. 501st members only in the photo

Saturday 1:30 - Twi'lek group photo
    at the fountain out front.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1562892627280673/

Saturday 3:15 pm - 501st Legion Group Photo
    This is the photo opportunity for those who have always wanted to catch hundred of stormtroopers in one photo, plus a lot of other evil and dark side characters. 501st members only in the photo

Saturday 4 pm - Slave Leia Group Photo
    This is the bigger of the two planned Slave Leia photos.

Saturday 6 pm -Steampunk Star Wars photo shoot
    After you attend our panel "Star Wars Steampunk Universe" Saturday April 18 4:30-5:30 at fan stage 303ABCD. join our panelists and all Star Wars Steampunk costume friends for a photo shoot at the Anaheim Convention Center front entrance fountain.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/444734495691983/

Sunday 9 am - Rebel Cheerleader Group Photo
    Group photo in front of the fountain steps.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1004568596234288/

These subgroups of the 501st and Rebel Legion haven't decided on photo times yet.
    Krayt Clan (tuskens and jawas) - probably directly after the main 501st photo shoot
    Wretched Hive (aliens)

DieWompRatDie likes this.
  2. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Updated with a a bunch of group photo times. Except for the All costumers photo on FridayThursday they require that you are a member of the groups to be able to take part in the photo. It's still quite a spectacle to be an audience and see all the varieties of costumes though.

3. JXD

JXD Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2015
    Thanks for posting this, I want to be at all of them, making videos and taking pics. :)
    People tell me that I will regret not taking a video camera, so I've reduced my spending money to buy one.

4. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    yay for posting this!

5. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    Friday, April 17 - 3 PM - #AhsokaLives group photo.
    All you have to do to participate is wear Ahsoka-related anything! T-shirts, costumes, costume t-shirts, face paint - you get the idea! As you might guess, Her Universe has a few options in the category. We'll meet by the fountain in front of the Anaheim Convention Center (you can't miss it!) for a group photo at 3:00pm.*

https://www.facebook.com/events/673549436089286/

6. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Updated the list. Also be aware that there are talk of changing the main 501st photo time, due to a scheduling conflict with a panel that the 501st is hosting at the same time.

7. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    added the Mandalorian Mash-Ups to the list

8. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    edited time for All Costume photo shoot to Thursday

9. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    added the Red Shirt Squadron group photo

10. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    added the Twi'lek group shoot.

11. JXD

JXD Jedi Youngling

Mar 6, 2015
    So where are the group photo's taking place? I'm sorry if it has already been stated, but I don't know.

12. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    most of them are taking place at the fountain at the front entrance of the convention center.

added the Han Solo cosplay girls meetup & photo shoot.

13. jawajames

Apr 26, 2002
    adding Rebel Cheerleader Group Photo, Steampunk Star Wars photo

14. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    Thank tou for the update. :)

15. sandra

sandra Jedi Knight

Sep 18, 2008
    I did the group photo that was fun.it was very hot.I did not met anyone from the board? :cool:

16. StarWarrior92

StarWarrior92 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 7, 2011
    My girlfriend and I got to be apart of the Ahsoka Lives Day group photo! It was cool to see Ashley Eckstien and Dave Filoni there.