main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Group trip to MD Renaissance Festival on Saturday, 9/20/03

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jack_T_Chance, Jul 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    I may have missed JediShaLee in my count, so we may have at least 14 confirmed. To make this easiest on me, here's a list of everyone who, as far as I can tell, has confirmed their intent to come:
    --Yours truly (with my best friend)
    --stateless (with strangebehaviour and Heather)
    --MuttandSolo (with friend)
    --Cinnea and party
    --DarthDrew and party
    --PadawanRoo
    --JediShaLee

Also confirmed as unable to attend is fakename99.
    Anyone not on this list (or not in one of the mentioned parties), please reply ASAP and let us know whether or not you'll be coming along. :)

2. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Yes, I talked to Sharon Saturday as we rode together to the picnic. She will be going.

I don't think she's bringing anyone with her, and since I'll be chauffering my friend that weekend, Sharon will be driving herself.

3. Jack_T_Chance

Aug 18, 2002
    ^ ^ ^
    Cool Jeff. :cool:
    I was pretty sure she was coming along, anyway. :)

4. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Roger's the only one I don't know about. He's always going out of town for work and he's starting a new assignment soon. So I have no idea about him.

5. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I will have Ken and Moorglade from DB516 in tow, plus up to 7 additional members of my non-SW entourage who I hope to see there.

And I could be talked into the 4th of October.

6. Jack_T_Chance

Aug 18, 2002
    AGAIN with the 4th of October! What is this obsession with Saturdays, eh? ?[face_plain] :p

For the record, MY rain date for Ren Fest will be Sunday, October 5th. :cool:

7. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    guys in ruffly shirts!! I am so there. :D

uh, if Isabel is mean to us this weekend, I can go the 4th! It's not like I have Duran Duran to see now...

8. Jack_T_Chance

Aug 18, 2002
    So, the latest on Isabel, is that it will most likely be hitting us Thursday night and Friday morning. So, assuming the storm doesn't trash the Ren Fest grove, we should be good. The ground may be wet, but other than that, we should be fine. :)

9. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    SB, why don't you just go on both days. :)

Then I can see you again if I decide to go on the 4th.

Hey my FF is going to the PA Ren Fairein our SW costumes!!! We have 10 people so far commited to this. They only ever say "period" costumes, they never mention which one!!! [face_devil]

10. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Ken went to the MD one as a Sith last year. And we ran into some Klingons that same day. I just get more opportunities to dress in SW clothes than pirate clothes, so pirate it is for me! Arr!

11. PadawanRoo

PadawanRoo Jedi Master star 1

Aug 7, 2003
    eh, where watever catches yuor fancy. We see enough people wearing freaky costumes that it simply ceases to phaze us.

If you do end up having twenty people, my employee discount probably won't stack (that, and I'll have trouble convincing them that I'm not actually off scalping the tickets).

I don't know if you all want to arrive at a specific time or not- if not, PM me if you intend to be there at 9:30.

12. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I probably won't be there that early because one of my husband's friends picked up discount tix for us already. Let's just hope the rain has ended by then!

13. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Anyone know what the scoop is for Ren Fair tomorrow? I'm still planning to go if everyone else is. Otherwise, I may go looking for a movie to see.

My friend is no longer coming. Her trip here was cancelled.

UPDATE:

The official website for Ren Fair has this to say on the main page:

"The Maryland Renaissance Festival will be open September 20-21!

14. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    Ahoy! Maties!
    I am planning on being at ren fest at 10:30 tomorrow the 20th. I will set sail as planned unless otherwise directed by fates that be! ARRGH!

15. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    hi don't know if I'll be attending. It all depends if I get hold of Valerie. I was supposed to ride with her, I keep trying to call her but I can't get through. If anyone talks to her, please let her know that I'm trying to get hold of her. thanks!

16. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Valerie and I are gonna be there along with Liz. Just confirming! :D

17. Jack_T_Chance

Aug 18, 2002
    Avast, ye scurvy scalawags! :)
    On the 'morrow, we be raidin' the village of Crownsville, to loot and plunder! Best ye be bringin' yer best rapiers for this one, mates! Arrr, how that towne will tremble with fear in our presence! And suren' they best be handin' o'er their pieces o' eight, if'n they be knowin' what's good for 'em! Arrr! [face_devil]
    ;)

18. PadawanRoo

PadawanRoo Jedi Master star 1

Aug 7, 2003
    Yes, faire is open.

Current info I have is no one's planning to meet me for tickets. If that's not the case, pm me in the next fifteen minutes before I lose computer access (power is out at home).

I suppose I will see you inide the faire then. I will be wearing a Jedi cloak unless it's really warm, a pair of spirally white and beige horns, and either a brown, brown and blue, or blue and pink peasant costume. Chances are better than even I'll be selling horns. If I'm not, I'll be stopping by the lower horns booth every hour on the hour when not on duty, so that's the place to catch me. The booth's at the bottom of the giant slides, so check for those on your faire map.

19. Jack_T_Chance

Aug 18, 2002
    Well, after arriving a little later than intended, most everyone I expected to see did, in fact, show up. :)
    As far as I could tell, a good time was had by all. :D
    The only downside was that I managed to miss meeting PadawanRoo. I'm not sure if anyone else managed to meet her, but I, for one, did not. :(
    Pictures were taken of the group, as well. I can't remember whose camera was used, but hopefully the pics will be online soon! (hint hint! ;))

20. strangebehaviour

Aug 11, 2002
    oh yeah that would be me. I have pictures. :D

now I just need to get them up.

21. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    The faire was great - on top of the usual fun, it was all full of potable water and electricity! Sorry we didn't get to meet up with you PadawanRoo - I lost electricity on Thursday night and it only came back yesterday, so I couldn't even check to see who was still going.

22. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    What, you're not going to share the deal we made at Ren Faire? I figured that would be your first post today.

23. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Riiiight! I'd almost forgotten!

Mutt has agreed to wear a kilt to Farpoint in February, if I help him acquire/make one.

And, Mutt, wouldn't you know it, but when I finally could check e-mail, I happened across one with a website for kilts.... We will see you costumed yet!

24. MuttandSolo

Feb 1, 2002
    Well, let me know what you find, Eugenia. I'll probably collaborate with you on colors when we find one.

I found the Tudor Shoppe, so I know where to get a Ren/Pirate shirt.

25. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Mutt is going to dress up?? How'd you manage that one, Eugenia??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.