main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Growing - Apart, Then Together (Liz/Kyp) Chapter #10: 01-27-2011--FINI!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Dec 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Title: Growing - Apart, then Together

Author: Jade eyes

Genre: Drama, introspection, humor, mostly mush.

Characters: L/K, supporting cast.

Timeframe: NJO-ish ;)

Disclaimer: Borrowing with much affection.

Summary: Sequel to Ceillean's wonderful Awakened and comes before her diary Beginnings Circumstances force choices for Kyp and Liz and their paths diverge -- :( but soul-mates who are destined -- ;) [face_love]

A/N: Posts will go up on Sundays -- unless can't wait to post itis strikes.

LOL

~~~~~

Chapter One:

Liz felt disgruntled. She had enjoyed and benefited greatly from her Jedi training, but Kyp had urged her to take up the entire Jedi life-path.

She didn't think she still held any residual biases -- but it just wasn't for her.

She wanted to make a difference, but the Jedi path was not the only way she felt she could.

kyp was mature enough to realize that it wasn't a personal indictment -- or she hoped so anyway.

He seemed to be and to accept her choice, but every now and then he'd press her on it -- and she'd roll her eyes and sigh long-sufferingly.

"I love you and the life we've built for ourselves." She insisted, kissing him soundly to prove it.

He'd kiss back, blowing gently into her ear and tickling her senselessly. "I don't have to share that part of my life with you, Eliziya." He told her. "I just love you so much there isn't a corner of my life I don't want to share with you."

This reply had her so melted -- then her eyes would dance at him teasingly. "Are you trying to persuade me with flattery?"

"I'll give you flattery." He'd answer and that would be it for talking.

++++

TBC--

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Lovely beginning and happy holidays to you[:D]

3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Promising start!

Looking forward to more.

[:D] :* [:D]

4. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    I sense a bunch of mush in the near future. :p

Very interested to see where you're going with this. :)

Merry Christmas! [:D]

5. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Woohoo! It's Sunday and I love Liz only second to Nyota Uhura -- especially NOW! After kick!arse Liz in Awakened

Hello, that was a fun read! [face_love] :cool:

Chapter Two: My Love Has Indispensable Hero-itis

Liz groaned. "I know better than to ask you to not go." She rolled her eyes.

"Liz, it's urgent --" Kyp began.

"Aren't they all?" She demanded. "The Hutts and the Rodians -- and even a whisper of Bothan involvement in piracy --"

"It'll be a quick in and out mission." He assured her, giving her his best melt-me-like-chocolate smile.

It almost worked. Almost.

"Except," She retorted hotly, her brown eyes snapping: "You volunteered!]

"Yes--"

"I thought you told me once wild Rancors couldn't get you to volunteer for any more thankless missions -- and last I heard, you didn't even want to be bothered if they asked nice, which they usually don't!"

"Well, actually someone did ask."

"Who, the oh-so-high-and-mighty Masters Skywalker?"

This had Kyp laughing despite himself. "Actually, it was Nikk."

"Oh, wonderful. Now you have to be wingman to the galaxy's biggest trouble magnet."

This remark made him laugh even more.

"Then he really needs me, sweetheart." He pointed out.

With this, Liz had to agree. Kyp had so much practice getting Nikk out of scrapes :p

Sometimes, she thought she had had enough worrying about him every other week -- but the perks of having him in her life were too =P~

She sighed. "If I didn't know better I'd think you were developing a taste for such things as intense action and adventure, and becoming a risk junkie."

"I like helping others, same as you."

"Well, if you must go --" Liz briefly toyed with the idea of consigning him to the sofa as "payment" -- but stang it all! That was cruel and unusual deprivation -- not for him but for her [face_mischief]

So she cuddled up to him and gave him something to tide him over until he came home again -- and also something to make him want to return home all the faster.

As a game plan, it worked marvels.

++++++

TBC--
    SQUEE!

:)

[face_love]

6. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    "Except," She retorted hotly, her brown eyes snapping: "You volunteered!]

"Yes--"

Ah, I liked this part. It would definately be something Kyp would do, imo. Volunteer for a mission, no matter the risks.

"Well, actually someone did ask."

"Who, the oh-so-high-and-mighty Masters Skywalker?"

[face_laugh][face_laugh] Someone's annoyed with the Grand Master.

This had Kyp laughing despite himself. "Actually, it was Nikk."

"Oh, wonderful. Now you have to be wingman to the galaxy's biggest trouble magnet."

The galaxy's biggest trouble magnet with one hell of a smile. :D [face_laugh]

So she cuddled up to him and gave him something to tide him over until he came home again -- and also something to make him want to return home all the faster.

This is a part where I love my imagination. LOL

=D=

7. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    "Well, if you must go --" Liz briefly toyed with the idea of consigning him to the sofa as "payment" -- but stang it all! That was cruel and unusual deprivation -- not for him but for her [face_mischief]

Blasted HOT Jedi! =P~

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks for the sweet comments & I enjoyed writing that. :D

~~~~~!

Chapter Three: Lots to Think About

Kyp is glad to be home again. Their mission went off without much of a hitch: a fierce exchange of stun-blasters and restraint cuffs and notifying of the proper law enforcement types -- and he had been able to come home to his beautiful Liz much faster than he'd even hoped for.

He grinned as he recalled finding her wearing one of his shockball jerseys. She'd looked lovely in it -- as she did in anything she chose to wear. Now, as he watched her sleeping peacefully beside him, he thought there wasn't a more fortunate man alive.

Until :eek: he started getting threatening comm-messages from the relative of someone he'd helped bring to justice a full two years ago. Apparently, this nefarious relative had been near the Unknown Regions and had just come back and tried looking up their incarcerated relation and Kyp's involvement had come to light.

He surreptitiously compared notes with the others on the strike team and found they were getting messages too, along with images showing they weere being watched. They set NR's local branch and slicers on the trail of the messages. Meanwhile, Kyp's guts churned at the thought of "What if they try to harm Liz to get to me?"

[face_worried]

It wasn't something he had to, or let himself think of, often. But every once in a while, it would come and bite him in the butt.

If he dared mention this to Liz, she'd tell him that she could take care of herself, and he knew she could. :*

But the truly vicious and malicious types wouldn't make a frontal assault; they'd be sneaky and ultra-careful and snag you before you had a chance to get away.

Keeping this from Liz was difficult. He seemed extra moody to her over the next few days and weeks. She gave him pointed looks and asked him straight out what was bothering him. When he shrugged it off and said "I just need a vacation." with his melt-Hoth ice smile ;) she'd smiled back, but hadn't been convinced that it was nothing.

Kyp started to wonder if maybe he should distance himself from Liz a bit until this goon was apprehended. He used the excuse of training his new Squadron, the Dozen. :cool:

Right around this time, the alarms at Helska IV went off. A strange invasion fleet was on the move!

+++++++

TBC -- NJO madness breaks loose.

:eek:

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love this nice story=D==D=with the twists and turns and mush

10. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Kyp started to wonder if maybe he should distance himself from Liz a bit until this goon was apprehended.

That would be a NO, Kyp! :oops:

Right around this time, the alarms at Helska IV went off.

Oh, blasters! Here they come... :(

11. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Lots to Think About

Indeed, a whole bunch to think about.

Kyp is glad to be home again. Their mission went off without much of a hitch: a fierce exchange of stun-blasters and restraint cuffs and notifying of the proper law enforcement types -- and he had been able to come home to his beautiful Liz much faster than he'd even hoped for.

Active Jedi Knight -- Awesome.

Coming home to the woman he loves -- even better. ;)

He grinned as he recalled finding her wearing one of his shockball jerseys.

Nice image. I think most guys like it when girls wear their clothes.

Kyp started to wonder if maybe he should distance himself from Liz a bit until this goon was apprehended.

Only one word comes to mind: dumbass.

=D=

12. GlindaForJediCouncil

GlindaForJediCouncil Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 2009
    I really like this so far. One quetion however: Who is Liz?

Is she your made up character?

Where can I find more about her? Also was awakened her first story because I would like to start at the beginning.

13. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    Oh dear... those pesky Yuuzhan Vong have to ruin everything!

But sweet sweet post!

I love me some Kyp and Liz!

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A/N: This next post covers a relationship change that happens gradually.

Chapter Four:

Kyp was tired to the bone and beyond of sending messages of condolences. Every loss to those in his command - he felt keenly, like a burden weighing down his soul. :( How had Luke and Wedge dealt with it? o_O

They'd confided in their wives, for one thing, he thought ruefully. But he felt somehow constrained to talk to Liz about it all. :confused: Not that he felt she'd be unsympathetic or anything -- on the contrary. He knew she would be empathetic and not lecture or shower him in platitudes. It was one of the things he loved about her.

But mixed in with his reticence overall and his self-recrimination, he felt more than a little exasperated that she hadn't taken up the fight against the Yuuzhan Vong -- he still found it somewhat galling that Liz had eschewed the Jedi path, although he did understand it for the most part. But when action was called upon, all needed to pitch in.

[face_not_talking]

Part of this frustration, he had to admit, arose from his anger with the bantha-headed Senate and conservative factions of the Jedi themselves! They would drag their feet and hem and haw while everything fell to ruins around them!

[face_shame_on_you]

Liz, meanwhile, has met with Dr. Jenna Weincross, a director of Social Work who had had cursory training in empathic healing with the Jedi healers. Dr. Weincross had assembled a team of therapists and healers and had been consigned the medical frigate, Respite captained by Jax Farraday.

They even have a squadron of pilots with triage training in medicine, called the Bacta Squadron. [face_laugh]

"Liz, I really believe you will be an asset to our team." Dr. Weincross says at the conclusion of their meeting.

"I really do want to make a difference." Liz replies firmly. "I certainly have no intention of sitting on the sidelines. That is not in my nature at all."

Dr. Weincross smiles warmly. "That is what I like to hear."

Liz mentions this to Kyp, and he seems pleased to hear she is helping in some capacity. "I will be in and out quite a lot, working with the refugees." She says wistfully. "I will miss you." She adds this hoping to bridge some of the distance between them.

Something in his eyes softens. "I really have kept you at an unforgiveable distance." He admits.

"Yes." She says forthrightly. "You have." Then she smiles: "Just so you know you don't have to."

"I know." He replies.

But somehow, :( he does. He does share with her the events of what occurs in the staggering losses and the political stalemate, but not entirely how he feels about it. It parallels the frustrating state of affairs Han and Leia are in -- [face_frustrated] although not to the same degree of bitterness.

However, the results are the same. As their missions take them in different directions, they find it "easier" and more convenient to stay with their squad/team mates. Thus, even though they share a residence in common and still have feelings for one another, time and duty builds barriers they soon don't know how to scale.

++++

:_| and TBC [face_worried] !!!!!!

15. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Love that;)=D=

And PM's please for the next post

16. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Awakened

There you go. :) She's in a few stories scattered across the boards.

And so begins the struggle within the relationship...:(

Good thing we know they have a happy ending. :)

17. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Oh dear...

You are writing angst again! I think we need to take you temp!

[face_laugh]

I think everyone has those bumps in relationships... and we know that they get through it!

18. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004

[face_laugh] !!! Yes, I will only write and read angst that is followed by oodles of mush!! And K/L are fun to write in all moods.

[face_love]

19. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    However, the results are the same. As their missions take them in different directions, they find it "easier" and more convenient to stay with their squad/team mates. Thus, even though they share a residence in common and still have feelings for one another, time and duty builds barriers they soon don't know how to scale

Very interested to see how the relationship progresses or deteriorates. Quite an intriguing situation you've set up here. =D=

20. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I think the team of therapists and healers is the perfect way for Liz to help with the war effort. From what I've read it's what she does best. [face_thinking]

It's a shame it kept her and Kyp apart, though.:(

But since we know what's down the line for them... [face_love]

21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    A/N: Time context: post-SBS and surrounding Dark Journey.

Chapter Five:

On the Respite, liz has been helping with displaced refugees, and her heart especially goes out to the children. A therapist on the team, Shannon, commends Liz for her selfless endeavors. Liz ruefully shrugs. Sure, she wants to help, but it isn't like she doesn't have her share of woes.

Kyp has gone chasing after Jaina to Hapes. The Myrkr mission was a success in its objective, but so much loss of life! Anakin Solo -- :( that was indeed a tragedy!

Zayne, one of the Bacta Squad pilots, flirts with Liz. He tells her she looks lovely even when she knows she looks scruffy and tells her if he had a lady like her waiting for him, he'd be set for life.

His blue-gray eyes sparkle and he says offhandedly: "When this gods-awful war is over, I'd like to keep in touch with you."

She gives him a frosty look and says: "I'm afraid that isn't possible."

She wants to insist that she's in a relationship, but she and Kyp are so gragmented and their communication so haphazard -- that she wonders if she can. :_|

Yet, even with all that, after an especially gruelling day, she wants to share things with Kyp, or just have him hold her and not say a word, and look at her out of those amazing green eyes of his.

Kriff, even to watch him walk across the room would be nice! =P~

+++++

TBC...

22. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Liz is for Kyp;) and she is doing great work.

:_|for Anakin

A nice post seeing this from her perspective=D=

23. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    You know I love a bit of angst. :p

Honestly, I liked how that guy flirted with her. [face_laugh]

Great reading from her POV.
    I wonder if Kyp even has time to think about Liz while he's trying to keep Jaina from going dark... :(

24. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yet, even with all that, after an especially gruelling day, she wants to share things with Kyp, or just have him hold her and not say a word, and look at her out of those amazing green eyes of his.

That would have made it all a little better. @};-

25. Master_Jaina1011

May 20, 2002
    Poor Liz. I know the feeling about wanting to share everything.

I think in the back of Kyp's mind, he is thinking about her. Even while saving Jaina from the dark side.

great job Jade!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.