main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Growing in the Force: A response to the Dear Diary Challenge [OC: Kavin Horn] completed 12/17

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alexis_Wingstar, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Jefri had said that he asked me for a practice duel so I could show him some form three moves. I tried to explain what really happened, and Master Jev still scolded me for using the lightsaber at full power.

"If you couldn't turn it down, you should have found another way to resolve the matter." She said before sending me to my quarters.

She's right, of course. But it's just not fair that I get all the blame here! Jefri started it.

Isn't that always the way!? [face_frustrated]

Great update! =D=

2. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan: Jefri has issues. :p

VaderLVR64: What Kavin didn't see because it was after he went to his quarters, is Jefri did indeed get in trouble. Masters Jev and Phtam see more than what either padawan realize.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Post 20:

I just finished helping Master Phtam fix the glowpanel circuitry I'd demolished in the fight with Jefri. I hadn't realized how deep my saber sank into the glowpanel boards! I'm so glad I didn't hit Jefri... though I never actually swung at him, I was just defending against him.

My back is still a bit tender where he jabbed me, though the bacta patch Master Jev gave me helped quite a bit.

Master Jev came to me shortly after she sent me to my quarters.

"We need to talk, Kavin." She sounded so disappointed, I couldn't stand it.

"I'm sorry, Master Jev!" I bawled like a youngling. "I don't deserve to be your padawan. I let my anger get to me, and I could have killed Jefri. I'm so sorry!" I turned away from her as I tried to stop crying. I crossed my hands over my stomach because it was spasming so bad it hurt.

"Oh, Kavin." Her voice was so much like my mom's when she hugged me from behind and ruffled my hair with her fingers.

I turned to hug her back. "Please don't hate me."

~~Never my padawan.~~ Her voice filled my head and I felt a warmth enter me.

Her love for me made me feel so safe.

Then she touched the spot on my back where Jefri prodded me with his training saber which started the fight. The pain made me involuntarily scream, and I sank to my knees. My tears now were of physical pain as opposed to the emotional anguish earlier. Master Jev immediately took off my tunic to get a look at my back. I very briefly sensed anger well up within her when she saw the black and blue welt on my back, but the anger was swiftly dispersed. She used a healing technique that helped soothe the pain enough that I could stop crying, then she got the med kit and put the bacta patch on.

After that, we talked for awhile, and she asked me to think about what I could have done differently when dealing with Jefri. I'm still trying to come up with ideas. Jefri isn't open to talking out our differences... I've tried. I just don't know what to do. I don't think Jef and I will ever be close again.

I lost my friend when I gained a master. Why can't I have both?

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice mushy update with Kavin and his master.[:D]

4. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Lovely update!

I turned to hug her back. "Please don't hate me."

~~Never my padawan.~~ Her voice filled my head and I felt a warmth enter me.

Her love for me made me feel so safe.

[face_love] =D=

5. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thank you earlybird-obi-wan and VaderLVR64. :)

~~~~~~~~~

Entry 21:

Well, it's been a couple weeks since I've written. Jefri mumbled an apology to me the day after I finished repairing the glowpanels with Master Phtam. He didn't look too happy about apologizing. At least he hasn't been harrassing me since then. It's not as if he hasn't had plenty of opportunity. The council sent us on another mission before we even set foot back on Corruscant.

It seems the force is conspiring to keep us together and miserable. I don't know what's worse, Jefri constantly jeering me like he used to, or his cold silence now. I've taken to staying in my quarters when Master Jev doesn't require me to be out for training or mission planning.

Well, no one ever said a jedi's job would be fun.

6. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Good to see them on speaking terms again.

Nice update

7. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    No I don't think there are any guarantees of fun! :p

Great update. =D=

8. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan: I wouldn't exactly say Jefri mumbling an apology he didn't really mean "on speaking terms"... or are you being viscicious?

VaderLvr64: Hehe, I guess it's all on what you concider fun. :p

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Entry 22:

Well, our mission is over, and the council has seen fit to give us a vacation.

I'm at home on Corellia right now. It feels almost strange to be here, like I'm visiting someone else's home. I'm not sure why.

Yes I do.

Mom is gone... forever.

Dad is on a mission with Degal, so Aunt Marj is staying with us.

Everything... or is it only me... who has changed?

9. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Nice update having some time to relax and growing up is changing.

10. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Everything... or is it only me... who has changed?

That's always the question, isn't it? :p

=D=

11. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan: Yes indeed. If you don't change you don't grow... or is that the other way around? :p

VaderLVR64: Yes, especially when moms come to visit at camp... "Have you changed (your underwear)?" :p

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Entry 23:

My father came home yesterday, and the whole family went to see my older brothers peform with their band, "The Force Unleashed", last night. They opened for "LLD", and recieved rave reviews from the press. Rosh and Stave are having alot of fun with their band. I'm happy for them. It was great to see them onstage. They're in their element in front of screaming teenage girls... especially Rosh. He's an outrageous flirt.

Afterwards, we all went out to dinner. It was amusing when the waitress recognized Rosh and Stave and asked them for an autograph. "For my little sister. She's a big fan." was what she said, but it was clear as Corellia's ocean that it was for her.

It was great having a night of fun with the family before I have to go back to the temple.

It's strange though. I found myself wishing Jefri could have been there.

12. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Great name The Force unleashed. Are they playing hard rock?

It's strange though. I find myself wishing Jefri could have been there.@};-

very sweet update.

13. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I loved it! =D=

14. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great job!

Can I have PMs?

15. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan: I was thinking The Force Unleashed would be one of those bands whose music is hard to define because of their flexibility. LLP (the group they opened for) on the other hand, is definitely hard rock or possibly punk... perhaps a combo of the two.

VaderLVR64: I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

G__Anakin: Thank you, and yes, I'll be sending a PM your way as soon as I'm finished with this post. :D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Entry 24:

I missed the transport that was to take me back to Corruscant. I was running late because my baby sister, Karynn, contracted gulginaw fever. She'll be fine, but I had to wait for my father to drive me to the spaceport while he took her to see the doctor.

I commed Master Jev and told her I wasn't going to make it back at the scheduled time and she understood, as I knew she would.

It's kind of strange... I don't really feel I'm leaving my family to resume my jedi duties... Master Jev feels as much family to me as my birth family.

16. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Great job!

17. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Jedi are like family when the bond ebtween them is strong and good

18. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    It's kind of strange... I don't really feel I'm leaving my family to resume my jedi duties... Master Jev feels as much family to me as my birth family.

Awww [face_love]

=D=

19. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    G__Anakin: Thanks. :)

earlybird-obi-wan: I agree.

VaderLVR64: Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Entry 25:

I've been stuck here on Coruscant the past couple weeks, running errands around the planet, and studying the history and culture of some outer rim systems. I prefer the studying to travelling around Coruscant. Though there is a strong Force nexus here, I feel like an alien here. I miss the fields and forests of Corellia.

I can't wait until we are sent on our next mission. Maybe it will be to one of those outer rim systems... not that I'm wanting adventure, I just can't stand it here... it's so artificial... duracrete everywhere you go!

20. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    My idea of Coruscant too. Only indoor gardens and almost nothing natural left.

21. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderful! =D=

22. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thank you for continuing to read this, VaderLVR64 & earlybird-obi-wan.

~~~~~~~~~~

Entry 26:

I'm still stuck here on Corruscant. I feel so restless, and I don't know why! I've never felt like this before. It's like I feel I need to be somewhere else, but I can't figure out why.

I'm so tired. I haven't been able to sleep very well.

Funny thing is, I'm not the only one. Many other of the younger padawans around here are having the same trouble.

23. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    wow the poor kid, losinghis jealous friend liek that

24. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    What is starting? Intriquing.

Nice update

25. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I'm so tired. I haven't been able to sleep very well.

Funny thing is, I'm not the only one. Many other of the younger padawans around here are having the same trouble.

Great update! =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.