main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Growing in the Force: A response to the Dear Diary Challenge [OC: Kavin Horn] completed 12/17

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Alexis_Wingstar, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    It is so enjoyable to read this diary for me. Kavin and his love, his musings. Loved it.@};-

2. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh, he's got it bad! [face_mischief]

You see, after the wedding of Masters Jev and Phtam's friends, I thought of Miri... well, I thought of her before and during the wedding too... I'm always thinking about her. I hope that doesn't make me obsessed. Anyway, I realized that even though I feel the two of us belong together, and I plan to marry her, I never let her in on The Plan!

[face_laugh] =D=

3. Alexis_Wingstar

Alexis_Wingstar Jedi Master star 4

Sep 16, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan: I am happy to be able to write something enjoyable. :D

VaderLVR64: [face_laugh] Yeah, that part is pretty funny upon reading it again. At the time I wrote it I was in Kavin's head, and it was all so serious. It makes it even funnier because poor Kavin is so intensely serious about it. When he gets older and re-reads this old journal of his he'll be laughing about it. :p

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Entry 36:

Miri's answer came today.

SHE SAID YES!

I'm too excited to write anymore right now. I'll write more later.

4. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    short but wanting to read more. Great=D=

5. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Yes is good! :D

6. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    earlybird-obi-wan: Thank you :)

VaderLVR64: Yes is great! ;)

Besides this update, there will be one more update for this year, and this journal will be ended... kinda makes me sad. :_|

~~~~~~~~~~~

Degal came to me today for some advice. "I don't know what's wrong," he said, "but since my master is your father, I thought perhaps you could help."

He had sensed my father was sad today... not just a little sad, but one of those deep down in the soul, go brood alone sadnesses that hit people... even jedi.

I reminded him that today was my parent's anniversary, and he immediately understood. I had sensed my father's sadness today, too, and had gone to him. We spoke briefly and I knew he just wanted to be alone, so after hugging him I left.

"I feel so stupid! I should have known." He frowned. "So, how can we cheer him?"

"I'm not sure if there's anything that can cheer him right now. How would you feel if you lost a part of your soul?" I asked him.

Degal just looked at me like I'd grown a horn out of my head. "How old are you again?"

That made me feel rather embarrassed, though I'm not sure why, but I mumbled that I was 11-years-old and asked why that mattered.

"Never mind..." he shrugged then nodded as he acknowledged what I said had to be on the mark. "But we should do something... let him know he isn't alone."

I could not help but smile a little. "He knows."

Degal left then, but I have a feeling he went to do something for dad, even though I know my father was comforted through his bond between not only me and my brothers and sisters but the bond he shared with Degal, too. Wether Degal realizes it or not, he's a part of our family, too.

7. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    lovely update and sad, sadness reflecting in his diary and Jedi are one big family.

8. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    "Never mind..." he shrugged then nodded as he acknowledged what I said had to be on the mark. "But we should do something... let him know he isn't alone."

I could not help but smile a little. "He knows."

Degal left then, but I have a feeling he went to do something for dad, even though I know my father was comforted through his bond between not only me and my brothers and sisters but the bond he shared with Degal, too. Wether Degal realizes it or not, he's a part of our family, too.

Wow. Lovely! =D=

9. Alexis_Wingstar

Sep 16, 2006
    Thank you earlybird-obi-wan and VaderLVR64 for reading. This is the ending of this journal of Kavin's. However, Kavin keeps a different journal for every year of his life... and next year I will reveal another year in his life... though this next one will be about 10 years after this one.

Ok, on to Kavin...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I cannot believe it's been a year since Master Jev chose me as her padawan! It seems like so much has happened. I have grown... not so much physically, 'cause I still fit in the same padawan uniform without having to take out the hem I did when I first donned them. Jefri won't let me hear the end of it. Not that he's grown that much except to be more of a pain in the... well never mind that.

Both bad and good things have happened.

On the good side: Miri loves me. I've gained a family besides the one I was born into. Not just the Jedi Order in general, but Masters Phtam and Jev... and yes, Jefri, as annoying as he is... he's like a little brother who doesn't know when to stop. Miri loves me. I made my own lightsaber. MIRI LOVES ME!

Ok, so I repeated Miri loves me. Sue me.

On the bad side: I still miss my mother. Even though I have a bond with Master Jev and I love her, she cannot completely fill that void. I lost my best friend when Master Jev took me as her padawan. Even though Jefri has become my brother... it's something he wouldn't admit... not yet anyway... he is no longer my friend. Force I miss his friendship. Almost as much as I miss my mother. I wonder if he misses me.

At least Miri still loves me.

I've learned alot about myself. I tend to take things personally and am very serious. Master Jev says I need to relax more. I try to relax... but I think I try too hard at it. I also tend to worry too much. About everything. Those are things I need to work on. That and rebuilding the bridge of friendship with Jefri.

Well, it is time to put this journal away. I will extract it someday to read over it... to see what has changed and has stayed the same. And see if I can learn something from myself along the way. All things must pass, and this year and journal is at the end.

10. earlybird-obi-wan

Aug 21, 2006
    Bravo for that last post in his diary and I am eager to see his next diary.

Great writing all year long and I enjoyed it very much.

11. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Wonderful last entry :_| And I look forward to reading the next diary. Please PM me when you begin posting it. =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.