main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Growing pains Young Leia/Bail/Winter

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Hananiah, Aug 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003
    Growing pains
    summery: The ups and downs of Leia's childhood
    Disclaimer: Characters don't belong to be but to George Lucas
    Rating: G

The lights were pitched low in this part of the Organa's household. Not many people came down this part of the house.
    Winter sighed as she waited for her elusive friend to emerge. Leia had sent her a cryptic holo message calling her here.
    She nervously looked around the unfamiliar hallway and wished she had stayed at home.
    Suddenly a hand closed over her mouth and dragged her into a alcove. Winter struggled but the grip was too tight, she relaxed as she reconised the scent of lavender on the palm. It was Leia.

"You were right in enemy view" Leia admonished her when she let Winter go.
    Winter didn't answer, she was too busy as staring at Leia.
    The other girl was wearing combats, she wore war paint on her face and hands and her hair was tied back in a braid with several feathers and beads woven in.
    This was not the Princess of Aldeeran.

"Leia what exactly are you doing?" Winter asked, she didn't want to know really, Leia was always making up games with the other children-often nosiy, loud games that lasted hours.

"We're on a mission" Leia explained, in a whisper. She edged around Winter and peered into the gloom.

"Why?"

Leia pointed down the hallway to a slightly open door, it glowed in the darkness, almost seeming like a beacon.

"We want to get to that room there" Leia continued. "That's where the treasure is"

"treasure?" Winter repeated doubtfully.

"Yes treasure" Leia said slightly annoyed with all the questions.

Winter sighed, she didn't want to play these games anymore. They were fourteen years old-far to old for these childish habits, but there was no telling Leia that.

Leia looked her over critically. "So are you in?" she asked.

Winter was saved having to answer when a hand landed on Leia's shoulder. The dark haired girl whirled and then relaxed as she reconised her mother.

Winter liked Aama Organa, she looked like a proper lady, Leia always said that she looked like horror holo heroine or one of the black and white holo heroine.

"Hey Mum" Leia grinned.

"Tell me you are going to be ready for dinner?" Aama asked firmly, but there was a smile on her face.

"Sure I will Mum, you can trust me" Leia relied earnestly.

"Okay sweetie, just keep the noise down okay?"

"Can do" Leia promised, scrunching up her nose as Aama attempted to straigten out her hair.

When her mother had gone she turned to Winter.

"So wargames?"

"Daddy where's Mum?" Leia asked as she trudged into the large dining room stacked with plateware.
    Bail looked slightly reoccupied.

"She's feeling sick sweetie, she won't be having any dinner tonight. It's probably a bug or something"

Something unpleasant coiled in Leia's stomach. Her mother never got sick-and defiently not enough to miss dinner.

"Oh Okay"

Leia crept upstairs after dinner, peering into her parent's bedroom. Her mother lay in bed, her forehead was glistening in the darkness and her breathing was irregular. The uneasiness returned as she stared at her mother.

Her mother looked sick, far too sick to be a bug. Leia wanted to yell to her father to call a doctor, to do something but she didn't.

Slowly she bent and kissed her mother's forehead and backed away slowly.

Her mother was sick but she would get better, she had all the doctors on Aldeeran to assure that she was well.
    She had to be okay.

End part 1

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Awww, darn, this sounds cute!

3. kimmi

kimmi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2004
    Loved it. More soon. Very well writen

4. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yay, you really did post something. Great start. Love the mother that doesn't interfere as long as it doesn't interfere with family meals.

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Oh I can't wait for more. Nicely done!

6. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Uh oh!! I have a bad feeling about Aama's illness!!!!!

This is cute! I can't wait for more!

7. Hananiah

Jan 15, 2003
    "Leia!" Winter shook her friend once more, worried about the lack of comprehension on the other girls' face. Leia turned slowly, as if in slow motion and when Winter looked into her eyes she could see something was troubling her greatly.

"What?"

"Leia you were totally spacing, what's wrong?"

Leia's expression didn't change although the dark haired girl tried to lighten her tone.

"Nothing, I'm just thinking about Mum"

"Leia your dad said that she would be fine, she was probably tired and needed a rest"

Leia paused, her mouth poised in a question, she was battling with something but whatever it was she shook it off and gave Winter her old leia smile.

"You're right. I'm just being dumb" she assured Winter brightly.

Winter suddenly had an urge to hug her friend, she could not have said why. It wasn't like Leia to worry so much, but it was well known how protective Leia was over her family, if Leia felt her mother was being threatened even by a mere virus she would worry.

Winter smiled, she was always glad when she had come to a conclusion. Yes everything would be okay.

End part 2

Thanks to everyone who reviewed, yes angst is ahead and will form Leia's opinion of the force and magic in the future.

8. Laura_Anu

Jun 27, 2002
    Oh no!!!!!! Angst!!!! I love it! :D

I cannot wait to find out the whole deal with Leia's mom!

9. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Awe, this is so lovely. Leia is such a cute kid, too. I feel sorry for her and her parents with her mother being ill.

Wonderfully written, Hananiah. :)

10. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Poor chica...

11. Hananiah

Jan 15, 2003

"Mummy?"
    Leia edged around the door of her parents doorway, her mother was sitting up in bed, she looked slightly better but she was shivering even with the blazing fire in the heath.

She turned to face her daughter and a look of mild disaproval crossed her face.

"Leia haven't you cleaned up for dinner?"

"I was going to" Leia replied, her eyes still on her mothers condition. Aama smiled gently. "One day you will forget your head"
    She opened her arms and Leia climbed into bed. The usual mother smell was almost gone replaced with antiscepic smells of medicine.

"You'll always be there to screw it back on Mum" she teased.

Aama gently squeezed Leia's middle. "That's right little lady"

They fell silent, it wasn't uncomfortable but it wasn't the norm. Leia twisted so she faced her mother.

"Mummy why won't you go to the healer?"

Aama sighed deeply and ran a hand over her daughters hair.
    "I don't believe in that method of treatment" she explained. "There are other ways to heal the body"

Leia frowned. Her mother belonged to an old fashioned family before she had married Bail, they relied on home tonics and brews to cure. Leia thought it was hokey magic tricks.

"You just have to trust me Le" she instructed.

Leia nodded but silently she felt her mother was wrong it was all weird magic and superstition, she and her mother weren't always close but she had always respected her mother's decisons.

Except this time.

12. Laura_Anu

Jun 27, 2002
    Ahhhhh! No!!!!! She's going to die!!!

13. Laura_Anu

Jun 27, 2002
  14. Hananiah

Jan 15, 2003

Schools in the Empire were strictly controlled. Desks stood to attention in neat order, the walls were grey and the only decoration were the symbols of the empire. Winter knew that as a fierce believer of the republic Leia, and indeed she herself hated going to school.

Now Leia conformed without really thinking, on the begining of the school week she relinquished power over to the teacher who measured the girls skirts by making the girls kneel on the floor, if the skirt did not touch the floor then she would be punished.
    Leia passed, she always did and after a second Winter joined her in sitting in the rows and awaiting their next lesson filled with lies and propoganda.

Winter peeked over the top of her desk at her friend. Leia's eyes were fixed on the problem at hand, Leia had always been a good, hard worker at school but her new found dedication spoke more of desolution and despair then actual academic achievement.

Once the teacher was engaged in conversation with another pupil Winter leaned over and gently poked Leia. The other girl stared back at her impassively.

"What?"

"Leia, are you okay?"

Leia smiled. "I'm fine," she mocked frowned. "Shouldn't I be?"

Winter bit her tongue, Leia's behaviour was strange.

"How's your mom?"

For a second Leia's expression dimmed then she collected herself.

"Once she goes to the healers she'll be fine"

"But I thought your Mom didn't like going to the healers" Winter protested.

"She has to" Leia responded quietly, turning away.

Winter knew that Leia didn't believe it, not really, she may hate the empire but she knew how to use the system. This hard wall Leia had erected wasn't healty, Leia had always been introverted in how she felt but now she wasn't even allowing herself to feel, even in private.

Winter knew *everything* about Leia Organa just the way Leia knew everything about her. She didn't understand why Leia wouldn't talk to her now but when she was ready Winter promised herself she would be there for her friend.

15. Laura_Anu

Jun 27, 2002
    Oh no! Leia, talk to Winter!!! Ahhhh!

Oh, and by the way, I absolutely love your sig!

16. Laura_Anu

Jun 27, 2002
    Up! Come on people, read this! It's awesome!!!

17. owphoenix

owphoenix Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 7, 2003
    Up! Please.

18. kristeh

kristeh Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2003
    I'm really enjoying this series! You've done a nice job of portraying a young Leia. That's exactly how I imagine her as a kid, adventurous and spirited, but very loving and protective of her family.

The Organas seem like a warm, happy family, but I'm afraid for Leia's mother. :(

Kristeh

19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    ::Chinwobble:: NO! Poor little Leia!

20. Fated2Bdespised

Fated2Bdespised Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2004
    This is really nice. An update soon would be nice. :D

21. Hananiah

Jan 15, 2003
    I'm back, kinda rushed but back next part up

"I don't understand," Leia stated as her father consulted the datapad on his desk.

"Leia sometimes you must trust that other methods of healing, ones you cannot see can work as well as those of science" Bail soothed his young daughter. Leia's expression remained hardened, but her left eye twitched.

"I can't accept that daddy,I'm sorry but I can't"

Seeing his daughters distress, Bail kneeled in front of her taking hold of his daughter's forearms.

"Sweetie sometimes you have to trust what you cannot see, some things are just more powerful and cannot be explained. It's like karma or destiny, the force..." Bail cut himself off and cursed himself. He had sworn he would never bring that word into the house, not until Leia was ready. He could tell her interest had ratched up a notch.

"But if you can't see them then how can you believe?" Leia asked. Bail shook his head, his daughter was so grounded sometimes in real life that leaps of faith were sometimes beyond her compacity. It was not a failing but something in Bail's heart hurt knowing his little girl couldn't dream outside what she saw.

"You believe by something other then your eyes," Bail continued.

"Other then my eyes," Leia repeated, not sounding convinced.

"It brings people comfort when they feel lost"

Leia's little face became lighted as she reached and answer.

"Like when I was sick at the healers and you prayed?"

Bail gave a start, he hadn't realized Leia had known about that. When at eight Leia had been diagnosed with a terrible disease that inflicted the young Bail had prayed once, even calling upon the Force to save it's ignorant daughter.

He drew Leia to him. "Yes, Leia, just like that. Praying gave me strength"

Leia pulled away slightly. "You don't need any mystical power to make you strong daddy" she assured him.

"And Neither do I" she wrapped her arms around her father, content in his embrace, relieved for now. Bail looked outside the safety of his office, to the horrors of the outside world the very real danger that could take his little girl away from him.

And only a mystical power she didn't believe in would save her.

22. Laura_Anu

Jun 27, 2002
    Oh, so sad!!! Leia, BELIEVE in the Force!!! Ahhhh!

23. Hananiah

Jan 15, 2003
    Okay guys I've just arrived at uni but I don't have internet connection for a few more weeks so updates will be sprodadic for a while.

24. Laura_Anu

Jun 27, 2002
    Ahhh! No internet connection??? That totally stinks!! I did that my first week here at college, and I nearly died. I can't wait until you get it back!

25. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Argh. It will be hard but I suppose I can live. Great stuff by the way. I am really enjoying it.

College? I don't even want to think about it. I am so scared!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.