main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Growth for the FFUK:N

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by Lord_Ogli, Nov 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Ok. This thread is for ideas on attracting new users to the Northern boards.

This will fall into two catagories: New users and Bringing in the oldies.

So far I have come up with/nicked the following Ideads:

Twinning. Prefrably with an active forum.
    Advertising. I like the idea of puttin flyers in places like Forbidden planet (any volunteers for design and printing speak up). I'm also gonna see about getting one put in SFX as they have a page set aside for such things.

We could also borrow ideas like the Trivial persuit game to encourage ppl from other boards to come visit stuff like that.

If anyone else wants to stick their nebb in then please do. I look forward to hearing your ideas.

2. go-away

go-away Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2003
    Several years back I put an ad in SFX and it was totally useless.

Also looked into Forbidden Planet - owned by Titan - answer was get lost.

So irritating!

3. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    Lord O - I bring to you good news....having conducted successful negotiations with Eddie (ie. I begged and he gave in...), he has kindly volunteered to put together some advertising material/s for going into shops, to promote the North boards.

He will draft up an option first, so people can agree the flyer, and then....we can conquer the world!!!!

Please be patient though - Eddie has a busy real life off the boards though too - but he is the hottest design artist around in our North area and I have a million % confidence it will be hot (anything better than my WordArt attempt!)!!!

Will update you as we go.

Goaway - leave Forbidden Planet to me [face_devil] . We aim to hit Leeds, Middlesborough and Newcastle, aswell as a gaming shop in Darlington so far. Do not however let this tactical data get into the wrong hands from this thread!!!

4. Lord_Ogli

Lord_Ogli Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Good work Jace. And Eddie too. As for SFX, its worth a shot, If we get even 1 bite its worth it.

5. go-away

Apr 21, 2003
    Is there anything we can get together for Collectormania at the GMex? I have no artistic ability but perhaps an FFUK North T-shirt might catch some attention?

6. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    T shirts are a really cool idea - I love t shirts (and have a vast array of SW shirts meself!)

I remember Jairen talking about doing some FFUK ones one time, but dont think they got off the ground....?

7. fatburty

fatburty Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2005
    Phill posted a site a while ago which had the logo on it and a link to a t-shirt printer who will do this for you.

I'm sure if you PM him he can send you in the right direction.

8. edgejedi88

May 13, 2005
    http://boards.theforce.net/midlands/b10718/21902089/p1/?7

link is here.....but didnt think it was a goer by reading the thread....I was thinking more down the line of printing up a bundle of shirts en massee just for the North..(ie. everyone who wants one gives sizes required)?

Hmmm....not sure....opinions please?

Who would want one anyway? I guess like Phill's idea - best not to be stuck with a bundle of shirts that couldnt be sold, so individual prints maybe was a good option for him....?

I have never seen one of these anyway - anyone got a picture of one?

9. go-away

Apr 21, 2003
    Not really sure if FFUK is merchandise material but figure T-shirts done for FFUK members on individual order could work. Imho, the problem we face is that FFUK means nothing to the people we are attempting to attract. Now if we were Sci Fi Fans of the North (which is a right gobful) there would be no missing the point, even for us thread skimmers :p

10. fatburty

fatburty Jedi Youngling

Nov 24, 2005
    The idea I had was is that we are SciFi and fantasy fans. The fact that we post on a Star Wars message board just means we have a home.

We a Fan Force UK this just denotes that we are a group of fans and thats pretty much it. We are fans of SciFi and fantasy and as a result I would accept anyone from a Trek fan to a Gemmell fan as we will all have something to talk about.

If we narrow ourselves to Star Wars only, we dilute our member pool hugely and although SW will have the greater number of fans we need to be able to appeal to as many and diverse a group as possible.

I think getting individual T-Shirts is a great idea and will be something I look into next year (In time for Collectormania).

11. jedi_master_booth

jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    The idea of T-shirts sounds cool - something we can wear when attending events -

like fun runs - or in edgejedi88 case fun to whatch (no harm there hey m8 )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.