Wash, DC GS January Meeting thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Dark_Jedi_Kam, Dec 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Stalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, since it's your house then maybe I'll go ahead and make it. If no one else wants it, good! More for you and I! :)
  2. JediShaLee Jedi Master

star 3
    I like Bar-B-Q pork too! i think all the plans thus far are great. i was thinking about the Movie. has everyone seen Reign of Fire?
  3. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Yep, but I'd see it again, especially if there's extra stuff on the DVD.

There's also the classic Army of Darkness, but it's not suitable for all, I suppose.

mmm. BBQ.
  4. Darth_Stalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Well 3 BBQ fans is enough to make it all worth while. Do either of you make good baked beans? Right now I'm really craving BBQ, baked beans and a big pile of potato chips. Can you tell I'm from the south? :)
  5. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    I thought Reign of Fire was bad? That's what I read anyway... But it does have Christian Bale in it, so I'll gladly sit through it! :)

And I love me some Army of Darkness! Bruce Campbell is too funny.
  6. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I'll get my Grandma's recipe for baked beans from my mom - we can have a picnic theme!! And make that 4 for BBQ - Ken loves it too. (I couldn't marry someone who doesn't)

Reign of Fire wasn't great, but it was amusing enough. Cool dragons.

Army of Darkness is on my DVDs To Buy list. I'm looking forward to the sequel in a few years.
  7. Darth_Stalker Jedi Master

star 4
    I was at Horrorfind (near Baltimore) a little over a year ago doing booksighnings and bruce Campbell was there. We didn't exactly hang out together but we were somewhat trapped in the same building together for three days. :)
  8. AT-AT_Commander Force Ghost

star 4
    Ill be there, flora will proberly come too. and if she does hannah will be there too. but i doubt if they will play. MMm subs, and ribs, and bbq is sounding good right now. but after the past few days ill think ill try some soup first. but i should be good by next week.
  9. JediShaLee Jedi Master

star 3
    Roger, you are using Pork for your pork Bar-B-Q right?
    I will bring some cole slaw. This will work.
  10. Darth_Stalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, I intend to use pork for this one. If people like it I may whip up a batch of BBQ beef some time in the future.

mmm...BBQ, baked beans, cole slaw. Let the non BBQ people keep their old stanky pizza, I'm looking forward to this. :)
  11. Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I have a suggestion for the movie. How about Galaxy Quest?
  12. fakename99 Jedi Master

star 4
    Galaxy Quest is a great movie. I got it as soon as it came out on DVD.
  13. strangebehaviour Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  14. MuttandSolo Jedi Master

star 4
    Its a good movie, SB. Its basically a spoof of Star Trekkies, with Tim Allen.

There's this tv show (very similar to Star Trek) that was supposedly cancelled years ago, but the cast still make appearances at the sci-fi conventions and everything and the cast complains about the geeky fans that worship them. Then things go horribly wrong from there. Its actually very funny!
  15. strangebehaviour Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    well, I don't mind watching it.
  16. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
    I have Galaxy Quest on DVD - its excellent :)

SB why are you never on messenger anymore ? :(

erm, morning everyone else !

malkie
  17. strangebehaviour Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    hi Malkie! you were the only one I talked to on it so I disabled it while you were away! I'm sorry! I will look for you tonight!

*hug*
  18. malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA

star 7
  19. strangebehaviour Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    ok, I'll see you then. If I can get on :)
  20. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    Just to recap so people don't have to go through this whole thread for details:

The meeting is this Saturday, the 18th, at 6pm. Location: Ken & Eugenia's. (PM Eugenia for directions.) Besides official business, we will play Family Feud and watch a movie. Foodwise, we have BBQ pork, beans, cole slaw plus whatever else people want to bring.
  21. Darth_Stalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes this has been another derailed thread. What happened to the concept of people using the TOBAR thread when they felt the need to change subjects? Oh wait this post should have probably gone there :)
  22. fakename99 Jedi Master

star 4
    How do you get directions if you don't PM?
  23. stateless Jedi Master

star 4
    Since K&E don't want directions to their place on the net, PM is best way to go. :) Alternatively, you can email Eugenia (darthcinnea@hotmail.com) or myself (valerie@whatthefun.net) and one of us can help.
  24. fakename99 Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks. I will e-mail one of you. I don't even want my e-mail on the web, so I understand about directions not being posted.
  25. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Be sure to let me know where you are coming from when you ask for directions, otherwise you get horrid long involved directions from all over the place!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.