Wash, DC GS Picnic: June 5, Mutt's house; RSVP by May 28th!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by stateless, Mar 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stateless Jedi Padawan

star 4
    We decided at the meeting that our summer picnic is going to be in May, rather than at the end of summer like last year. (Yeah, I know May isn't technically summer but so what? :D ) So... we already have a location: Jeff's house. He has graciously volunteered to host the shindig. (Thanks Jeff!)

We need to start thinking about a date... Ideas? (Jeff, any preferred dates for us to invade your domain? Mwahahahahaha.) Let's not turn this into a last minute thing (even though we are so good at it... heh).
  2. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

star 4
    And Balticon is Memorial Day weekend. Anything other than that is ok with me right now. Though I suppose I should do something with my mom on Mother's Day.
  3. Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well I hope I can attend. My sons B-day is the 24th and I will be going to SC the 22nd-23rd. I'm not saying don't have the picnic on that weekend since it looks like two others might already be problematic, only that I may not be able to make it.
  4. MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Ugh, Well, 2 weekends are out:

Memorial Day Weekend, 29th-31st - Not necessarily me, but obvious Family engagements are going to rule it out for everyone.

Wizard World East, May 21st-23rd - Tentatively, Wendy and I are planning to go. However, it will be dependant upon programming/guests. According to Wendy, the celebrity guests aren't announced till last minute. So it kind of depends on who's going to be there.

So that leaves us with the following:

1st-2nd: Wide Open as far as I know (When's the Sewing for Dummies Planned?)

8th-9th: Wide Open (Mother's Day is the 9th though).

15th-16th: Wide Open.

So, there's the breakdown for the month of May. I'm glad everyone seemed favorable to coming down to my place for once seeing as I've been traveling up to DC for the past year or more. :)

I will PM directions to people on how to get down here.
  5. BoboeFett Jedi Youngling

star 1
    As the new guy,

I'd vote for the 8th or the 15th/16th as days I have available

Let the Wookiee Win!

Jeff
  6. stateless Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Sewing for Dummies is April 25th, so we're okay there.

I don't think I'll be available the 1st/2nd, but the 8th or 15th would be fine! I think we should pick the date soon, as peoples' schedules (including mine) tend to fill up rather quickly. :)
  7. AT-AT_Commander Jedi Master

star 4
    15th and 16th sound good. Memorial weekend is defenately, my anniversy is that weekend.
  8. Velvetdragon Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Anything but the first weekend in May (I'm flying back to DC on May 1st, so that's definately out) and May 22 as that's My May Chorale performance.

Are they usually on Saturdays or Sundays? If Saturdays we ought to be clear for Mother's day, since that's always on a Sunday.

What do we do for food? Pot Luck?

Velvetdragon
    Chrissy
  9. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

star 4
    We did pot luck last time and it worked out really well. We had more food than we could defend from the bees.
  10. Maleficant Jedi Knight

star 5
    Pot Luck is perfect, also Jeff does have a grill so maybe some folks want to bring something along to throw on the grill.

I already know I'll make a batch of pasta salad, it was a hit at my last fan force bbq event. :D

The only problem I see with Mid-May is that my sister is throwing a surprise "over the hill" birthday party for her husband, he's turning 40. Once I know when the party is then I'll know if Mid-May is good.
  11. stateless Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Pot luck is definitely the way to go. Also the treasury can foot the bill for something. Maybe plates/napkins/utensils or something like that.
  12. Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus

star 4
    16th is the only day open for me. :p
  13. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    How about the first weekend in June??? :p

I may be able to make an appearance this year....what do you guys and gals think???? ;) :D
  14. kenobi420 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I vote for 15th and 16th, also. I cannot be around for the 1st weekend, since I'll be travelling back to Minneapolis for my mom's 50th b-day (I don't think I should miss that; especially being an only child... ;) )
  15. Maleficant Jedi Knight

star 5
    I like the first weekend in June is that is cool with everyone else. Jeff what do you think since it is your house?

16. MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The bees should still be subdued in early June. Its up to the Head Honcho if she wants to put it off till June though.

EDIT: Shawn, you can bring your daughter down with you too. That way Brandon has a playmate in his age range.
  17. stateless Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The first weekend in June is fine with me. I just don't want to have it when it's uber hot. June 5 (if that's the date we're looking at) should be okay! :D
  18. Maleficant Jedi Knight

star 5
    June 5th works for me, what about everyone else?
  19. kenobi420 Jedi Youngling

star 3
  20. Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC

star 4
    So far, it works for us.
  21. JediShaLee Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I am off the week end of the 8th and the weekend of the weekend of the 22nd. Saturday thw 8th would be nice and we could all stil be with our moms on the 9th. I will be there if I am off work. I will be glad to help set things up too Jeff.
  22. stateless Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Sharon, I'm guessing that means you'd also be off the weekend of June 5th?

If we do still go with May, I like the 8th. But right now I think June 5 is looking to be the best.
  23. Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'm pretty flexible. Any of the dates in May that work for Jeff, or the first weekend in June, whatever... as long as we decide on a date fairly soon, whatever day it's going to be, I'll put in to have the day off from work. So, for me, the sooner it's decided, the better. :)
  24. Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight

star 8
    Yep...I will bring my daughter down this time...I am sure that she will love Romeo...and Brandon.

Just got to keep her away from Roger and Tim. :p

J/k...I am sure that she will love you all.
  25. MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Your daughter's a real cutey! :) I'm sure she will have a lot of fun.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.