main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC GS Picnic: June 5, Mutt's house; RSVP by May 28th!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by stateless, Mar 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zaranne

Zaranne Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2003
    I still can't believe you people have a MAP for bugs! What, do these things not know where to go or is it a secret government thing?

I don't get it... *shakes head*

2. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Its a secret goernment thing. The bugs are actually little CIA probes going around to spy on people. Oooops, I've said too much now I'll have to kill you.

3. Zaranne

Apr 22, 2003
    Well, I can at least counter the attack! And these things are as long as your thumb!

[image=http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/draghan/Cicada_Killer_Wasp.jpg]

[image=http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/draghan/Cicada_Killer_Wasp1.jpg]

4. Maleficant

Maleficant Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 16, 2002
    After yesterday's meeting and since this event will now include several area SW fan clubs, I am putting a deadline on RSVP's by May 28th, this gives me a final headcount and everyone else a week to get whatever they are bringing to the BBQ/Picnic.

In order to RSVP, please pm me, at this point only 3 people have done so.

Lastly, I am actting as main contact for all other SW fan clubs to contact me so I have any idea of how many people will be showing up.

5. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Ok some folks still haven't pm'd me about going yet. I need everyone who wants to go to please pm me by the end of this week. If you don't let me know, you won't get directions sorry.

For those going we need the following items, please pick something and let me know:

All items have been taken, just bring what you would like to have there at this point and just let me know ASAP!!!

BTW folks, as far as certain drinks go......BYOB....cause if you all think I'm supplying a bar for this....your nuts!! [face_laugh]

Can't wait to see everyone!!! :D

6. kenobi420

kenobi420 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2002
    I'll bring fruit for desert, and a 12-pack of soda!

7. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    I am comming. I will bring potato salad and some diet sodas.

8. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Those of you who have PMed Wendy their RSVP and need directions to our place need to PM me.

9. JediShaLee

JediShaLee Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2002
    Ok will do!

10. Velvetdragon

Velvetdragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2004
    Say, what time does this event start? And I'm bringing Soda and Suds. I might be a little late, but I'll be there.

Chrissy
    Velvetdragon

11. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    It starts around 2pm. :D

12. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    dude. I thought I was bringing the soda!!

13. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    You think you're gonna bring enough for everyone??

14. Velvetdragon

Velvetdragon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2004
    I'll bring the pop, you bring the soda. *winks*. How about I bring the coke and you bring the diet?

I guess we need sprite and or ginger ale, any requests? Don't get fancy now, like Doctor Brown's Celery soda *twitch*.

Chrissy
    Velvetdragon

15. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    I'll just bring a few different types. that works.

16. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Mmmmm Dr. Brown's Celery Soda....

Actually, that sounds really gross.

17. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Well as far as soda goes, we are having well over 20 people coming to this thing and I doubt anyone person would be able to bring enough for everyone so the more soda the better. I will also have ice water and lemon aid there as well.

But we really need is for someone to bring the hamburgers and rolls. ;)

18. Maleficant

Jun 16, 2002
    Ok last count we have almost 30 people attending this event!! :eek:

Well we have enough tables and seating for 18 people so we are hoping that some people here could bring along the following:

2 tables and 6-9 chairs

If you can bring any of these items, pm me ASAP.

If anyone still needs directions or forgot what they said they would bring, please pm me ASAP.

19. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Here's another thought - any one interested in carpooling?

20. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Crikey! I forgot to RSVP by the 28th! :(

I'm planning to come on Saturday. As for chairs, well, I have a folding chair I can bring for myself. I don't know if I have a folding table that will fit in my car, but if I do, I might be able to bring it.

Also, burgers and buns would be doable, because it ain't a cookout without them! :D

So, um, I apologize for not replying sooner. I was very busy over the holiday weekend, and I didn't even get my work schedule for the 5th until Saturday the 29th.

But, if someone can help me out with directions, I'll show up on Saturday. :)

If anyone lives in MD and needs to carpool, I'm willing to help out, but I think most of you live in VA, unless I'm terribly mistaken. [face_plain]

21. Jack_T_Chance

Jack_T_Chance Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2002
    Okay, I need everyone to spare me a minute of their time here, to help out.

I'm going to bring the burgers, because it ain't a picnic without 'em! :D

What I need to know is...

1) How many to buy? 30? Less? More?

2) How many people are vegetarians? Of the vegetarians, how many want "veggie burgers" that they can eat? How many want to just skip the burgers entirely?

3) How many people are on low-carb diets and want to skip the buns? I'll need that info to know how many buns to buy.

Any help or suggestions that can be provided will help me out when I go to the grocery store. I'll be going Thursday night, so try to reply before then. If need be, I can make a last-minute run Saturday morning before the picnic, but I'd prefer to get it all done Thursday evening.

22. Darth_Stalker

Darth_Stalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 14, 2002
    Eugenia, I was originally going to talk to you and Ken about car pooling but if I bring my armor I'll need my entire backseat.

23. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    That's ok - if I bring my card table, we'll need our backseat too! I'm just guessing it'll fit and still let us see out the rear window.

24. Zaranne

Apr 22, 2003
    Ah, now don't you think Roger could use my SUV right about now? [face_laugh]

But then again, if I was already OUT THERE, he could use it! And we COULD carpool! Plenty of room for armor and a card table.

25. Vaders_Kid

Vaders_Kid Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    Roger,

Did I read that right? You might be bringing your armor to the pic-a-nic? Cool! And don't forget to bring your "practice saber" so we can duke it out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.