main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~**

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    One of the guys from my training company registered his religion as Jedi.

It was printed on his dog-tags. Adalia-Durron

________________________________________________________________________________________

vncredleader I see the point you're making, but being angry about our ancestor's wars only brews misplaced rage. Beware, my former padawan. :p

Really tho, I like to think of it this way and I'll try to keep this brief.

We celebrate weddings, no divorces.
    Graduations, not dropping out.
    Birthdays, not deaths. (although we remember them and the good things about them).
    Promotions, not terminations.
    Success, not failure.

When we remember 9/11 do we isolate how a dozen Muslims slaughtered 3,000 innocent Americans and stay angry about it? No. We remember the firefighters, the law enforcement, the New Yorkers who banned together to help each-other in the face of surreal adversity.

Thanksgiving is a holiday and celebration that remembers a time where survival was a direct result of unity between strangers. It's a beautiful thing when people come together to survive, despite their differences.[face_flag]

I'll get off my soap-box now. If you want to keep up the discussion, I'm more than willing to participate via PM :)

2. Skyla Skywalker

Skyla Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2017
    I won't be here for a few days.

3. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Vacationing to fire island huh?

4. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I hear Mustafar is great this time of year

5. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    You just reminded me of this..

6. Skyla Skywalker

Skyla Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2017
  7. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    That poor R5 unit

8. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    [face_tired] Long week. College is really hectic.

9. Loth-cat

Loth-cat Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 29, 2017
    Same for the long week. TFIF (Thank the Force it's Friday?) !! Er. That tomorrow is Friday, at least.

10. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Three and a half hours away until Friday for me.
    Not that it matters, since I'll probably be asleep by then.:p

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  11. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Nearly 1pm Friday for me, just ate my lunch and once again the office is empty. I've done all my office work, after lunch I turn into the cleaner :p

I wish we could register as Jedi, it's as real as any other religion, based on teachings from a book written by men from the work of the 'leader' as such.

Sent from X Wing in Deep space.

12. Iteote

Iteote Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2017
    I ate taco without dropping anything, I'm so proud of myself
    Adalia-Durron

13. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    My jury time is now at a conclusion, sorry for the long absence but that tends to happen on murder trials. Give me a day or two to catch up on things both here and in the real world and I'll be getting our next update in on Sunday. Thanks for your patience everyone.

14. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

"Your skills are now complete." :vader:

15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Sarge is right, soon you will be a Knight!!!

Iteote, vncredleader and Sarge like this.
  16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Was wandering the library here in the temple, and found this.........considered it might relevant to recent discussions.

[​IMG]

17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Iteote

Jedi Master Susruta led Iteote through the woods near the Jedi Temple. It was early evening, a quiet time, and the Master Healer was talking in his low voice, as always doing his best not to disturb the natural order. As usual, he spoke of life and healing and the Force. Iteote had learned an enormous amount of the Jedi healing arts while walking through these woods with the Ithorian.

[​IMG]

They paused beneath a tree. A small bird lay on the ground. It didn't seem to be hurt, just very old. Iteote sensed that the Force of its life was quietly fading. She looked at Master Susruta, who nodded solemnly, folded his hands, and composed himself to wait for the bird's passing. In a few minutes, its life passed peacefully into the greater Force.

"That is the way of things," said Susruta as he always did at such moments.

"The way of the Force," answered Iteote.

"The circle of life. The bird's spirit goes to the Force of the universe, and its body goes to the life of this world. As it has always been. Now we should move on."

Iteote sensed something unusual ahead of them. A brightness in the Force, gathered around a clearing that was usually empty. As the Master and the Padawan entered the clearing, familiar figures emerged from the trees. There was Iteote's own Master Adalia, and the other Masters of the Council, looking very solemn and formal, and most of the Knights of the Light, radiating happiness and good will, and even a handful of padawans looking curious and excited. So many people!

Master Adalia walked slowly up to Iteote and moved to her side, turning to face the rest of the Council. "My Padawan Iteote has trained faithfully and dutifully to serve the Guardians of Light, the Force, and all good beings in the galaxy," she proclaimed in a clear voice. "Master Susruta, she has studied many hours with you. What say you of Padawan Iteote?"

The old Ithorian spoke louder than Iteote had ever heard him before. "Padawan Iteote is the finest student of the healing arts I have seen in many years. Her heart is given to the preservation of life. The Force is strong in her, and she is truly gifted in sharing the strength of her own life Force with those who are in need."

As Susruta spoke, Iteote realized there was another gathering outside the circle of the clearing. Birds flitted among the trees, small animals leaped upon the branches, larger animals prowled in the shadows. That bird up there! It was flying with a crooked wing; that was the first animal she had ever healed with the Force. Her clumsy attempt to set the broken wing bone had saved its life, so she didn't fly straight now, but she flew! In fact, most of the creatures gathered to watch had been in her care. And now they had come together, watching her!

[​IMG]

Susruta continued, "Iteote truly understands the connection of all life in the Force. The way she reaches out to others has won her many friends, even among the creatures some call the lesser life forms. I foresee that she will never be alone, not as long as life endures."

Adalia and the other Council members circled Iteote. Adalia faced her Padawan and said, "Iteote, you have chosen one of the hardest of the Jedi paths, and your training was long and difficult. I'm sure you know that your training is not over, for all Jedi need to learn and grow all their lives, first as an Initiate, then as a Padawan, then -- now -- as a Knight!"

Adalia's lightsaber flashed, cleanly cutting Iteote's Padawan braid, which fell toward the raised paws of her waiting squirrel. Suddenly the ceremony was interrupted by squawking and squealing as a bird with a crooked wing darted down past Iteote's head and seized the braid, just as the squirrel caught the other end. A brief but fierce tug-of-war ended with the squirrel firmly in possession of the braid. But the bird soared away triumphantly, clutching a few strands of hair. It rose to the top of a tree and happily wove the hairs into its nest, winding it around her delicate eggs.

There was a moment of shocked silence, quickly broken by Master Susruta's serene voice. "The circle of life encompasses all, Jedi knights and little birds. You will always have friends, Knight Iteote, but some may be needier than others."

The solemn ceremony dissolved into cheers, laughter, and congratulations. As the sun sank and shadows deepened, the Jedi piled dead branches in a heap. "Stand back, every one," called Sarge, "my former apprentice is about to do her thing!" Skyla focused intently on the firewood, which erupted into an impressive bonfire, much to the delight of her firecat.

Iteote's eyes were drawn to the sparks rising from the fire toward the stars. She sensed Susruta by her side and heard his low voice. "The wood turns to fire, the fire turns to sparks, the sparks turn to ash and return to the soil, the soil turns to trees, the trees give us wood for the next fire. The circle of life. You have a good place in the circle, Knight Iteote."

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Congratulations Knight Iteote !!!!!

Iteote and Rebecca_Daniels like this.
  19. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    [face_laugh]A very creative ceremony Sarge.
    =D=Congratulations Iteote

Iteote, Loth-cat and Sarge like this.
  20. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    Congratulations Iteote! Healers are always beloved.
    Sarge, that was great.

Iteote, Adalia-Durron and Sarge like this.
  21. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Iteote and Adalia-Durron like this.
  22. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Congratulations jetii.

23. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    We are happy to share this joyous occasion with you Jedi Iteote

*grins at the tacos being served at the post-ceremony party*

Sarge your ceremony post is worthy of being preserved in the GoL Jedi Archives. 8 pts

Bardan_Jusik pts

24. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    As she has shown us, the trick is making no mess !!!!

Loth-cat likes this.
  25. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Awe, but the mess is half the fun.:p

Adalia-Durron and Loth-cat like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.