main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~**

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Kenobiwan...the Librarian checked the register and did not find a Jedi of your species and age in the Temple, therefore...you do not exist. :chewie:

2. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Can someone shut this old guy up? I think he's on his way to get Alzheimer. :p :ben:

Iteote likes this.
  3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003

Wow!! Cruisin' for demotion or what?!?!? Lol !! He's like the boss dude around here!!

Sent from my X Wing via sub space.

4. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    He's old enough to know that I'm joking. :p

ConservativeJedi321 and Iteote like this.
  5. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003

Luckily me too ;)

6. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    That's what I like about ya oldies, you take the jokes as they are meant to be. :D
    Huggies to aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall tah oldies. [:D]

Master Vo'Un'Var likes this.
  7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    o_O You'll keep......................... and get old one day.

Jedi Master Kenobiwan likes this.
  8. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    I can actually go exchange to Australia on my second year on Bachelorprogram of Nursing....the exchange is in Brisbane...is that far away from you, Addie? x)

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  9. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    How's your first year of university going so far? Enjoying and adjusting to your new life?

10. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    I love it!!! A lot to read and a lot of study to do tho....:-B[face_tired]

Loth-cat and BookExogorth like this.
  11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003

Yeah, it is. About three days drive and about two and half hours flight.

[​IMG] You can see Brisbane on the East Coast, Above Sydney. I'm in Adelaide in the middle bottom. [​IMG]

The comparison map on the right is to show that Australia is pretty big down here, we have a few states and territories, and the US has a whole lot more ;)

12. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Old habits die hard, eh Sarge

How have we had a baby wookie this whole time and not made her the official mascot of the GoL? Jedi Master Kenobiwan

13. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Agree, The Vanguard. :chewie:

14. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Well I'm feeling better today. Still got a bit of a cough, but slept through the night and feel on top of the world otherwise!:D

15. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Sorry I haven't been around Master's. I was very busy.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  16. Loth-cat

Loth-cat Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 29, 2017
    Nice to see some other people using 24 hr clock! Nobody does where I'm from.

Glad you're feeling better ConservativeJedi321

17. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I preferred the 24 hour clock when I lived in Sweden but it was hard to stick to when I got back. No am/pm confusion, it was handy.

18. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I primarily use the 12 hour clock, though the 24 hour 'Military Time' clock is engrained in our culture well enough I would think most people would be able to understand it.

Adalia-Durron and Loth-cat like this.
  19. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Here in germany we use the 24 hour clock. I took me quite a while until I stopped confusing AM and PM.

Adalia-Durron and Loth-cat like this.
  20. Loth-cat

Loth-cat Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 29, 2017
    The subclasses of Jedi Consular/Councilor are Ambassador, Diplomat, Healer, Lore Keeper, Researcher, and Seer. There were also two subclasses specific to the Great Galactic War: Jedi Sage and Jedi Shadows.

Jedi Ambassadors and Diplomats are political positions, both representing the Senate off-world, especially for planets newly discovered by the Republic. From what I understand, Ambassadors serve more as an intermediary between these worlds and the Republic, negotiating membership in the Republic for new worlds, acting as a point of contact, being present at important Republic events off-world, that sort of thing. I like how Wookieepedia describes them as the "face" of the Republic. Diplomats do more work with policy changes resulting from political conflict, and writing agreements between the Republic and planets, often serving as mediators in disputes between worlds and in talks involving the Republic.

Jedi Healers are, as the name suggests, focused on restoring and maintaining life and health in sentient beings. Often affiliated with the Medical Corps, Healers were Force-using physicians, working to prevent outbreaks and prescribe appropriate patient care in cases ranging from the minor to critical, such as treating soldiers on a battlefield.

Jedi Lore Keepers and Researchers work in the world of scholarship. Jedi Lore Keepers are further subdivided into Jedi Archivists, Historians, and Librarians, all overseen by the Temple's Librarian's Assembly. Wookieepedia does not specify the differences in the roles of lore keepers, but based on my personal experience in academia, I have divided scholarly duties between them as follows: Lore Keepers as a whole are responsible for recording and preserving the diverse histories, languages, and cultures of the galaxy, collecting histories as told by the communities themselves, as well as documenting their own understanding of events. My guess is that Archivists do more of the hands-on collecting and collating, the historians do more of the writing/recording, and the librarians do more of the storage and organization, but of course, all roles could include writing history, reading it and knowing it, appreciating the huge variety of languages and cultures present in the galaxy, etc. All are responsible ultimately for the survival of cultural knowledge and stories for future generations. Jedi Researchers are also responsible for discovering and recording knowledge, but the subclass covers a broader range of subjects than the cultural and historical study of the Lore Keepers. Jedi Researchers work to collect, analyze, and present data in a variety of fields ranging from "hard" sciences such as physics, biology, and chemistry, to humanities (would it still be called humanities if humans are only one species of sentient beings out of millions with cultures and such unique to them?!), though I imagine the Researchers have more of a science bent, as Lore Keeper could cover many subjects within the humanities (literature, linguistics, anthropology, history, etc.).

Jedi Seers are granted understandings about the past and the future through the Force. Some Seers are Jedi Prophets, granted even greater understanding of past and future. To be honest, I struggle to understand how this is a subclass in of itself, and not more of a gift/proficiency with the Force that could be extended to any Jedi in any of the classes.

Jedi Sages and Shadows were specializations unique to the period of the Great Galactic War and subsequent Cold War. And I have to be honest, I don't entirely understand how/why they fit into the class of Jedi Councilor, as both seem to be much more combat and destruction-heavy than I would expect the role of a Councilor to allow (even in a time of war). The Sage subclass seems to be to be a combination of Jedi Consular powers, and is distinctive for its emphasis on Force barriers and Force waves. Jedi Shadows typically used double-bladed lightsabers and are distinctive because of their mastery of transforming and hiding their presence using the Force.

Big surprise, I would like to be a Jedi Researcher! IRL I really love getting to learn about landscapes - how they were formed, what lives on them, etc., and I've picked that to be one of Junko's big interests as well. I've written her backstory to be that she grew up on a marshland farm on Pantora where she started keeping notes as a hobby on the various things she observed about the land. As a Padawan, she is interested in using her connection with living things to further discovery and cataloging of plant species, geology, and landforms throughout the galaxy. I've started drawing a picture of little Junko sitting in a marsh, eating berries off an elder bush that I will post later. :p

21. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Is there any way to obtain beskar for my armor that I'm planning to have over my Knight robes?

22. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    Be really nice to Commander(?) Taab. :p

23. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Lol if that works sure. :p

24. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
  25. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Great work Loth-cat
    I like your descriptions of the different subclasses and I agreewith your interpretation of the different types of researchers and lorekeepers.
    And nice choice. :)
    Being a Jedi Researcher defenetly sounds like an intresting career

5 points Bardan_Jusik

As for the Jedi Shadow and Sage Class I think the reason for their exsistence are gameplay needs in TOR, as neither diplomate or researcher really fits into a combat focused game so they had to create new subclasses for councilors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.