main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~**

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    The Whole Thread?!! I'm suitably impressed, your reading skills far outstrip mine at this point!

Don't die and his bucket hides his face, the real truth. :p

No one knows, he never takes the bucket off.......must smell in there.

Alas you never will. The records have been sealed in the Jedi Archives for all time. ;)

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  2. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    :eek: This thread has been very active the last couple days.

3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Yes it brings warm feelings...for my pocketbook. :p

4. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    Yes your stipend for this month will double... What's $0x$0 again?

Sent from the edge of a galaxy far, far away via my comlink

5. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Hey now, I thought this was a math free zone. What matters is that it doubled. :p

6. Iteote

Iteote Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2017
    Adalia-Durron

Kyp Durron was a male human born in 7 BBY on the planet Deyer.
    After speaking out against the Galactic Empire, Kyp's parents were accused for treason. The family were taken into Imperial conody. While Kyps brother was taken to be trained as a stormtrooper, Kyp and his parents were sentenced to hard labor in mines.
    One day a prison revolt took place and Kyps parents were sadly killed by smugglers and criminals in the chaos.

Several years after that, Kyp made the acquaintance of an elderly woman. Her name was Vima-Da-Boda and she explained to Kyp that he was a...aaa...umm...-that he could use the Force!

One day in the mines, Kyp met Han Solo and Chewbacca and together they (after much effort) managed to escape.
    Then they was taken again and then they escaped again!

They came to Coruscant where Kyp met Luke Skywalker who was planning his little plans for Yavin 4.
    After a time, Kyp was trained there to be a jedi. As a jedi he trained both Miko Reglia and briefly Jaina Solo. Once he became a sith but then he became a jedi again and that's good!

I think that Kyp is a really interesting jedi and I think that a want to read more about him! Even though it's a sad beginning, without it Kyp wouldn't become a jedi (and then a sith and then a jedi again):)

7. Iteote

Iteote Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2017
    Thanks for the answer, grand master :yoda:
    And forgive me for the 2x post :( please?

8. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Math? WHat's that? More forbidden knowledge??

9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Math is a pathway to many abilities that some consider to be unnatural. :p

10. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Yeah... like physics (which at times seems non-existent in the galaxy far, far away )

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  11. Thane kyrell

Thane kyrell Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 30, 2016
    I have also heard that battles raged over if it was maths or math... ☺️

The Vanguard likes this.
  12. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006

Do I have to leave the Jedi to get my next degree, then? :p

13. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    Ananta Chetan

As Master Ananta Chetan walks away I look at the bag of remotes on the ground and ponder. Then I look at the surrounding area and the tress in the distance, there are three trees closer to me then any other. These three trees will make excellent cover.

I pull out the first remote and study it, once activated it leaves my hand. I grip my lightsaber with both hands and ignite it. I will channel the seven forms of lightsaber combat as I add each corresponding remote. The first remote, the first Form; Form I Shii Cho is a combat style that relies on disarmament but how will I disarm a remote?

As I deflect the small bolts as best I can I begin to wonder about the other 6 remotes and combat styles I'll have to use to defeat them. Form II Makashi is design for battling other lightsaber caring opponents and Form III Soresu is based on defense.

Battling the first remote was easy since us Padawans are use to wearing a blind fold but I hadn't ever tried two at a time never the less seven. It was going to take time and I wasn't in a rush to complete it this task.

After a short time of believing I had mastered defending against one remote I decided to add another. I used the force and held to remotes in front of me and activated them. I get shot, it stings however I'm OK. I begin again and get the first deflection however miss the second however on my third attempts I manage to deflect both bolts.

I practice once again with two remotes until I felt confident to add a third. This time the shocks were more frequent I was beginning to sweat. I paused in between bolts and it was enough to call on the force to guide me through this triple threat.

After a while I could see the remotes even out of view, I could predict there intentions and anticipate their shots. Time to add a fourth remote.

As the four remotes floated around I felt the sweat run down my face. I was going to have to center myself and concentrate even more, Form IV Ataru is designed around high energy attacks and defenses while Form V is based on manipulating an opponent's attacks. When ready I would have to think and move fast. The bolts hitting me again was something I didn't miss. I would begin with a high energy attack by shifting side ways and using the angles to my advantage, I reflect 2 of the 4 blasts however get hit by the following two blasts.

As the sunsets and I continue my training my lightsaber becomes brighter in the darkness and becomes a light on its own. I begin shifting around the trees and using them as cover as I reflect as many other bolts as I can. It must had been hours since I started this task and I become less tense and more aligned with the force as I defend myself.

Now I'm ready for a fifth remote. It's again challenging each time a remote is added however the trees are giving a brief moment of cover and I'm managing deflecting the rest of the bolts.

To complete this task I'll have to use all different lightsaber combat styles. Form VI is made of a combination of the first V forms. I will have to disarm, defend, anticipate and deflect the remotes blasts to defeat them. And lastly Form VII is based on pure attack and no defense. I will use this as a last resort only combat style to help defend against the greatest attacks that come at me.

The 6th remote is added. I can barely keep up with the remotes as I shift from side to side using the trees as cover and deflecting all the bolts I can but it isn't long before I'm zapped. The bottom half of the trees have lost most there branches from me slashing them unintentionally with my lightsaber while defending myself.

I know I wont be able to keep up much longer and decide to add the last remote. I will have to channel all the forms of lightsaber combat to complete this task. This time I'm shifting side to side fast then ever leaping up into the branches of the trees surprising the remotes when I jump out. I'm finally doing it defending against all the remotes I then start using a tree as target practice. Not long until it falls over creating barricade between me and the remotes. I have done it.

I switch off my saber and wipe the sweat off my forehead. I am exhausted and begin to meditate.

The Vanguard and Ananta Chetan like this.
  14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009

Jedi can be unnatural too! :p

The Vanguard and Rebecca_Daniels like this.
  15. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Especially the Mandalorian ones ;)

16. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Most unnatural...

17. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003

Condensed but successful. I know a whole lot more if you are interested, after all, he is my fantasy husband ;)

For reading the thread entirely I award you 4 points.

For completing this task, I award you 5 points, and a warm smile for saying my Kyp is interesting.

Please add these points to your signature.;)

18. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    These new apprentices sure are rising through the ranks fast.

It makes me so proud!:_|

:p

19. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Anedon

When words fail and combat ensues, has the negotiation failed? Or merely changed form? Please describe for me your understandings and beliefs on 'Aggressive Negotiations' as one Padawan of old put it. ;) Do these still have a place truly as a form of a Councilor? Is it ever the right path?

I expect a few paragraphs discussing this, if you need help feel free to PM me or another Knight or Master and we can have a bit more of discussion in private if you rather to get the juices flowing. After all, no Jedi is an island :)

20. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    *pokes his head in here* Just wanted to say real quick that I'm looking forward to RPing with all of you in The Shadow War, for those who are participating. Quite excited to don my Jedi robes again…I haven't in quite some time. :p

21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    And now with my update, welcome to the game!

If anyone else wants to get involved, the appearance of the Pegasus gives us a good opportunity to add new player characters. The game is currently winding down, but you can still join to either get some experience, test drive a new character or just for fun in helping us close out the game. I am planning a follow up game, so any work done on your character won't go to waste should you decide to play that one once it's spun up. Of course, if you do join the RPG now and want to use a different character for the follow up game once it's ready to go that would be acceptable too.

Darth_Elu and The Vanguard like this.
  22. CPL_Macja

Nov 29, 2008
    Will you give a heads up when the "follow up" game is about to launch?

23. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    *raises hand*
    Bardan I am definitely interested!!

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  24. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Oh most certainly. I'll make an announcement here as we get closer in (probably in a month or or two depending upon delays). I'll make sure to tag you as well.

PM me and we'll work something out.

CPL_Macja and The Vanguard like this.
  25. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I'm debating a new character but I'll probably wait until the new RP. Haven't written in a while and I need to decide who I feel like writing...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.