main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~**

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    We are gonna end up putting the Lit Wookieepedia thread to shame

2. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    I have some awesome RL news my fellow Jedi :)

I had a good phone conversation with the Principal Rural Fire Officer of the North Canterbury Rural Fire District today. He spoke with the National Headquarters in Wellington and they all decided to make me the official template for Fire and Emergency New Zealand's diversity programme.

What this means is, I will help them with their policies regarding learning disabled people and what operational and non-operational tasks they can do within the organization. Plus, he gave me express permission to become a Rural Crew Leader - so, hopefully in a few years time, I will be in command of other rural firefighters as an Officer-In-Charge of my own Volunteer Rural Fire Force.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  3. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Wow! Impressive!! Most Impressive my young apprentice.......... oi, that sounded like the Former me didn't it?

Well done @Kyber Acyk !!! you must be so proud!!

Kyber Acyk likes this.
  4. Kyber Acyk

Nov 30, 2017
    Yessss, yessss, let the joy flow through you...... ;) hehe

Thank you so much Master - and I guess you could say in a few years I will be a Master of sorts in relation to the fire service as well.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  5. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Great news, Kyber! Congratulation! :D =D=

So your occupation is a firefighter? :cool:

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. Kyber Acyk

Nov 30, 2017
    Yes it is Master Kenobiwan :) *nods*

I am the fifteenth male member of my family to join the fire service; it goes all the way back to 1917 with my great-uncle. And if things work out the way I hope, I will be the second within our family to become a fire officer.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
  7. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    That's a great family history and an awesome continuation of it! :)

8. Kyber Acyk

Nov 30, 2017
    Thank you kindly Master Kenobiwan :)

And here is hoping that my children, who will hopefully be coming along in the distant future, will decide to follow in their father's footsteps *fingers crossed* plus, following my footsteps into a galaxy far, far away ;)

9. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Amazing Family History there!! And I thought my dad being 5th Generation Australian Navy was epic!

Jedi Master Kenobiwan likes this.
  10. Kyber Acyk

Nov 30, 2017
    Wow!! :eek:

My family's military history goes all the way back to the Boer War (1899-1902), and then our family's farming history goes all the way back to the 1860s. My distant relatives (the Prebble family) arrived in New Zealand on one of the first ships from England during 1850.

11. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Yeah, I got family who arrived in the late 1800's, Captain William Jeffery landed in Apollo Bay in Victoria and founded it! That's where the Navy started in my family - Dads side only. Sadly neither of my brother nor cousins have joined.....so it ended with dad :(

12. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Super cool family history! For me both my grandfathers are from Italy and left cause WWII. And my paternal grandmother's family are second generation Italians. It's funny though cause then Mother's mom's family has a lot of stuff to unpack.I am 75% Italian and then that other 25% is mostly British and then a bit of every freaking British Isle and Germany and France thrown in for good measure. On that side going back we have people who fought in The Civil War (Union thank GOD), The war of 1812, and the Revolutionary War. In fact we actually are related to the Lloyds of London. Not to say the Italian heritage is bad or anything, but it's just funny how lopsided a lot of the recent history is there.

Though TBF I am named Vincent after my father's middle name which itself was picked cause of my great great uncle who died in WWI. And once again thank god that was WWI cause if I was named after a guy who fought for Italy in WWII I would feel really really really really (100 reallys later) uncomfortable

Mitth_Fisto and Sarge like this.
  13. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Wow! Eclipses my history! Dad in Vietnam and Poppy in WW2 and Korea, Pretty sure there are more before that but dad never asked his father and he passed 29 years ago. :( Dad's not interested in looking back sadly.

I did have my son ask what nationalities he had so I thought, and said "English, Irish, German, French and Dutch, and there's something from the Mediterranean in there somewhere I'm told." He just stared at me which amused me.

vncredleader likes this.
  14. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    No Clone War? :p

Jedi Master Kenobiwan likes this.
  15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    No, no clone war. I get it. @Kyber Acyk - this isn't really temple talk, more Blue Moon talk ;)

vncredleader likes this.
  16. Vesper2112

Vesper2112 FF President & CR, Chattanooga, TN star 4

Nov 14, 2003
    Hello! I don't visit much (we're mostly on facebook), but yeah, the Chattanooga Chapter is still going strong, but we've expanded into pretty much anything geeky. So while Star Wars is our roots (and forever part of our identity - our name is Chattooine, so easy to find us facebook and our website), we're into everything. So yeah, if anyone plans to be in our city, I'm sure we have something happening. :)

BookExogorth likes this.
  17. Kyber Acyk

Nov 30, 2017
    Sorry >_< I am still over the moon about the announcement.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  18. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
  19. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Careful on you're reentry.:p

Alright, now back to meditation.

*Feels chair before taking seat this time*

20. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    I was about to ask the same about my Paddy, @Blargxcntrl [face_thinking]

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  21. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    @Kyber Acyk -- congratulations! =D= @};- @};- Very close friends of my family have firefighters/EMTs predominate in their family :cool: I have a very warmspot for first responders in general and specifically :) Their bravery and competence are unflagging. @};- ;) A fanfic author earlybird-obi-wan also likes to write frequently of the SW equivalent of "fire fighters" and/or law enforcers :cool:

22. Gembo

Gembo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2017
    I chose Qui-Gon Jinn. Qui-Gon Jinn was a Jedi Master born on Coruscant in 92 BBY. He was trained by Count Dooku and later became a Jedi Master, passing his knowledge on to Obi-Wan Kenobi, and later (although very briefly) Anakin Skywalker. Qui-Gon was completely dedicated to the force, and could arguably be called a grey Jedi. He constantly followed the will of the force, careful not to bend it to his own desires. At some point, Qui-Gon learnt to manifest his consciousness after death, in the form of a disembodied voice, he later passed his findings on to Yoda and Obi-Wan through these means, who later discovered the full capabilities, being able to become force ghosts. Qui-Gon was also the one that discovered the chosen one, Anakin Skywalker, while on a mission with his Padawan, Obi-Wan. Both of these feats were due to his incredible force-sensitivity. Qui-Gonn died in 32 BBY, being killed by Sith apprentice, Darth Maul.

I chose Qui-Gon due to his dedication to the force, and his willingness to obey the force in all circumstances, even in matters of life and death.

23. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  24. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    [​IMG]

*silently watches from a distance the new class of padawans being trained*

25. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    @vncredleader

IC: Tython
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    *Seated at a desk @vncredleader (image 2)
    *Reading from a paper with answers pulled from various sources
    *Switches between reading from paper and looking up to change the image on a projector (sort of like powerpoint slides)

*clears throat

"Historically, the Jedi have defended the Republic and served its needs in various capacities. The Jedi Guardians (blue saber) are the Republic's warrior-monk defenders. The Jedi Aces, Jedi Consulars, and Jedi Sentinels also serve the Republic within their various capacities. Initiates who are drafted to the Jedi Service Corps also serve the Republic.

The service of the Jedi Order to the Republic grew out of the need to make the wild frontiers of the galaxy safe -- for planets already joined and those considering joining. This relationship has continued, even through times of crisis. Both the Jedi Order and the Republic have faced crises only to bounce back, nevertheless, the role of the Jedi Order as defenders has not changed.

Indeed, the Jedi Order itself nearly went extinct when the Republic was overtaken by Darth Sidious. In Order 66 of 19 BBY, the downside of the Jedi's role as defenders of the Republic came to a bitter frosty fore. As generals leading Republic troops during the later days of the Clone Wars, many Jedi knights were slayed after Republic troops mutinied. Historical records indicate Palpatine ascended to power in the Senate before leading the troops into mutiny against their Jedi generals.

[​IMG]

As we all know, [meets the gaze of @vncredleader ], the Jedi Order eventually returned through the heroic efforts of Master Luke Skywalker and other notable Jedi. We shall not forget their efforts as we are indeed the indebted to their fight against a swift onrush of tyranny... ...in the days of Jedi Yoda and Jedi Ben Kenobi... [nods head after merely mentioning their names].

"Should we be separate?"
    In the aftermath of Order 66, one might question if the relationship of the Jedi Order as the Republic's defenders needed to change.

The answer to the question on the Jedi becoming separate appears to be a function of the level of stability of the Republic or a given star system within the Republic. Given the expanse of the Galaxy, with the Outer Rim Territories and Wild Space (Unexplored Regions), the stability to which the Jedi steadfastly enter into protection ebbs and flows. When stability falters, such as during a civil war or Sith takeover, some Jedi have been known to go into hiding. It was through going off-radar on Dabogah that Master Yoda successfully cloaked himself in the force from the terror unleashed by Darth Vader and Darth Sidious.

Jedi never abandon the goal of protecting and defending the Republic. However, during extreme periods of instability like the galactic civil war that resulted in the creation of the Deathstars and annihilation of planets, we as Jedi must be prepared to enter into hiding in order to bring about a peaceful restoration. In hiding, we remain protecting the Republic.

[​IMG]

Should the Jedi become Generals for Republic Forces and How should Jedi Compose themselves?

In answer to this question, Yes, the Jedi have served as generals of Republic forces. Force abilities and Jedi training create natural leaders. Therefore, Jedi must continue to serve the Republic in leadership roles.

In terms of what is expected from Jedi, they are to act with the utmost bravery, applying the force in tactical measures and weaponry. Within leadership roles, Jedi can help save lives by bringing a quicker end to the conflict at-hand.

This concludes my presentation today in the Temple Archives. Thank you to Master @vncredleader and to those others who have shown interest. It is indeed the flame of peace and prosperity which we as Jedi seek to uphold.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.