main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~**

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Very thorough! Great point mentioning that the Jedi assist and sort of vet prospect worlds wanting to join the Republic. I never really thought about that before. Almost a Federation/Bajor situation.

Follow up question: What should the Jedi due in a situation where the senate democratically agrees to a moral and ethical wrong? Like should the order seize control? Is that a breach of democracy? And how should the Jedi decide this action among themselves?

2. Iteote

Iteote Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2017
    Which is your favourite character in starwars? (I just wonder)

3. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Legends: Wedge or Scout. Canon: Jess pava

4. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    @vncredleader

IC: Tython

"The Jedi Order should hold private discussions with the High Council over the ethical issues involved with the actions of the Senate. The Jedi Order should also consider holding public discussions with non-Jedi invited to participate.

[​IMG]
    Democracy is a relative term just like "pure capitalism." Political systems are in a constant flux of correcting themselves. Much of the shift between political players viewed as liberal or conservative is cyclical. New players can always emerge who surf the crest of a wave of dissent into office.

Likewise, there will always be denizens of the galaxy who decry particular actions or non-actions as inherently evil.

Nevertheless, there may be instances where the Jedi Order find the Senate operating with intentional violation to expected standards. The Jedi Order should naturally suspect the darkside at work, whether it be the Sith or another darkside order. In such situations, the Jedi Order should carefully inspect the decision making process of the Senate to find the "key players" involved. If the actions of the Senate appear inherently shocking or morally abhorrent, the shift in policy should be scrutinized.

A breech with normal Senate conduct may may be seen as the work of a single unsavory individual or an isolated group. Such a group or unsavory character should be watched. Who are their affiliates? Who do they represent? How and why did they get into political office?
    Inevitably, the Jedi Order will find them doing something wrongful and corrupt in their private lives outside of their influence over the Senate. Since they are already public figures, the Jedi Order is free to put them under surveillance.

So, in answer to this question, actions of the Senate that appear to be ethical or moral wrongdoings are likely the work of a single individual or group within the Senate. The Jedi Order can remain serving the Republic by finding out who has held an unethical influence over the Senate and then watching them and their "clientele" closely to uncover the root of the problem. "

Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  5. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Obi-Wan Kneobi

6. vncredleader

Mar 28, 2016
    Very very mature answer. These kinds of tasks don't have a right answer, but I think you managed to find one. =D=

5 points @Bardan_Jusik (pts)

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Legends: Mara Jade Canon and Legends: Leia, Luke -- and Thrawn :) ;)

8. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Announcement

[​IMG]

By the councils will, I am pleased to report I have accepted @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, as my new Padawan Learner.
    And I look forward to guiding her journey forward.

9. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    As several here could undoubtedly empathize, there is a particular joy felt when one's former apprentice takes on another padawan learner of their own. As any genuine Jedi would, I hope that he doesn't make the same mistakes that I did while training him. :p May the Force solidify your bond as you follow the luminous path together.

10. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    You? Make a mistake Master? Never.:p

11. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
  12. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    You failed to mention, though perhaps out of compassion, what all commonly refer to now as 'the Bonaventure Debacle'*.
    Completely fictitious :p

13. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Well done to one and all. Congrats!

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Coolest stuff!
    Loving to have such eloquent role models in learning as @Tython Awakening =D=
    [face_laugh] At least now I know if I'm ever asked to "put the younglings to bed" I'll know what story to entertain them with @BookExogorth [face_mischief] @};-

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
  15. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Bonaventure debacle? I'm sorry, but you'll have to be more specific. To which Bonaventure debacle are you referring? There were so many. So, so many...

16. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    Congratulation to you both! May the Force guide you both though the journey. :ahsoka::yoda::bluesaber:

17. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
  18. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    Congratulations to both CJ and Ny.

19. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Bonus Assignment

Watch the vid and share your perspective on the wise words of Master Yoda, not only how they apply during the context of the Clone War and his lifetime, but for the eternal role of the Jedi.

TAG All

20. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    @Kyber Acyk - the above would be good for points for you!

Kyber Acyk likes this.
  21. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
    Yoda's words apply to the Clone Wars because he states that the Jedi Order has already lost the conflict due to the large number of deaths that occurred on the side of the Republic. He then speaks to Mace Windu and Obi-Wan of an unknown path that will eventually lead to the complete destruction of the Sith; the redemption of Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  22. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Yoda is eloquent and profound. He does say that the Clone Wars is ended; but that there are no winners in a war, which is true in RL. Simply fighting the battles and having bloodshed occur leads to losses on a personal and societal level.
    The ultimate victory/path unknown to the Sith is as was stated by @Kyber Acyk the redemption of Vader :cool: but in general it is the choice/opportunity to choose something other than Darkness to follow. @};-
    @Ananta Chetan
    @Jedi Master Kenobiwan -- :) [face_sigh] ;) over Obi-Wan in the clip. :D
    @};- [face_batting]

23. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Oct 8, 2011
    What's with the sighing? :confused: No sighing with Obi! ;):obiwan::ben:

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    It's a fangirl type sigh. :D Natch. [face_laugh]