main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~**

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Yoda is speaking of the Jedi inevitably losing the Clone Wars. However, the sides in the Clone Wars kept shifting due to the Sith infiltrating the Senate. Ultimately, the goal of Darth Sidious was to gain power and immortality through the destruction of others (individuals, groups, planets). Darth Sidious held a degree of control over the sides in the Clone Wars at each stage. Therefore, the Jedi fought battles they could never truly win since the ultimate villain was someone on their side....Palpatine.

Yoda's statements in the video show him being aware the Jedi cannot win the Clone Wars but this appears to be before Palpatine revealed himself. Mace Windu is still there. Yoda speaks about the Jedi ultimately defeating the Sith at some point in the future. The Sith ultimately lose by championing darkness. Yoda speaks from a position of Hope.

In terms of the redemption of Anakin Skywalker being the pivotal change to defeat the Sith -- that has never been my opinion. It was Luke who showed the bravery, light, and aptitude to bring down Vader and Palpatine in ROTJ. Anakin lived for less than a day after Luke unmasked him.

I have normally drawn an analogy to Adolf Hitler. Can a genocidal / culture destroying / planet killer / war criminal renounce their crimes before dying in the same day and be considered redeemed to history? Vader was worse than Hitler so why would we allow Vader to redeem himself?

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    =D= I agree @Tython Awakening -- Luke's bravery and selflessness was the catalyst that helped Anakin "return" which was the act that brought balance. That is, if Luke had given into darkness and joined Vader -- even if Palpatine had been defeated, there would have been no victory, no restoration of balance. [face_thinking]

Tython Awakening likes this.
  3. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Well I don´t actually think Yoda is refering to anything or anyone in particular here. Because in the way of the Jedi, nobody ever wins a war, one can survive of course but is that truly a victory? Even if the Jedi where to win the Clone Wars, even if they would manage to stop Palaptines plans and defeat every laster seperatist, it still wouldn´t be a victory for the Jedi. As all the consquences of the bloodsheet will still be there, the deceased will still be dead and many of the survivors will suffer from their pyscological and pysical wounds for the rest of their lives. Yes the Jedi and the republic wpuld have survived, but in their eyes they won nothing, a lot of people are dead or forever marked by the war, and what did they win? Nothing essentialy, the galaxy hasn´t become a better place than before the war, its probably much worse. This is why I ultimatley think the Jedi can´t win anything in a war, yes of course helping to end the war quicker will save many lives, but many more will be lost regardless, not to mention that winning the war will always involve the deaths of most of the opposing side. When Luke blew up the Death Star thousands died, many probably conscriped soldiers who didn´t liked the empire much more than the rebels did. Was this truly a victory, in the sense of the Jedi? Yes it undoubtly saved millions of lives, but does that make all the deaths Luke caused a good thing? I honestly don´t think so, I think in the end it was the lesser evil to destroy the Death Star, or to fight the seperatists, not a true victory for the Jedi. As we are guardians of peace, of life, and as such spreading peace and protecting life throught the galaxy and this is hard to achieve by war. Yes fighting against the Sith is the lesser of two evils as it will lead to less innocent deaths and a quicker end to the bloodshet, but there will still be millions of victims regardless. So did the Jedi do the wrong thing? I wouldn´t say so I think that choosing the lesser of two evils is often the best choice we are able to take, but that isn´t a true victory.
    So can the Jedi win a war? No. But that´s not what we as Jedi are about we should try to prevent wars from starting in the first place, and maybe instead of fighting to win, we should try to end the dying without causing even more deaths. Yeah I know that this sounds incredibly naive and I think that´s what ideals like the ones of the Jedi order ultimatly are, a hopefully idealistic dream that is nearly impossible to achieve. As I said often times we cannot take this path and are instead forced to choose between two evils, but I think its still worth following this ideal, trying to one day find true peace and with that victory.

Mitth_Fisto and Ananta Chetan like this.
  4. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Padawan Task-1

I offer you a hypothetical: one day, long in the future after you reach knighthood, you are sent on a diplomatic mission to a far away planet. This planet has been in a civil war for years. On one side is a blood monarch. He is not particularly cruel, his only crime being that he is a remote relative of his predecessor, who the people disapprove of. On the other side is a rebel group that wants to replace the current king with one of their own choosing. It has been a long and bloody fight, as well as an indecisive one. Both sides are willing to talk to one another, to try and create an armistice. But neither is willing to budge in negotiations. So the current king calls for Jedi aid.

You arrive on planet, only to be confronted with massive protests, and awful slurs. It seems this planet's civilian population has suffered from long standing myths concerning the Jedi. This anti-Jedi sentiment has deep roots in the lower castes, and the rebels in particular who refuse to listen to reason. This creates a great complication to the peace process. How do you go forth in your mission? How do you achieve the peace?

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

5. Iteote

Iteote Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2017
    Couldn't guess that! :D

6. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    You've voiced Yodas thoughts and beliefs, but what about yours? What are your thoughts on this?

Sent from X Wing in Deep space.

7. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Luke was the disrupter who made Vader turn against Palpatine to throw him down the shaft in his last moments. Luke was ready to give his life to vanquish evil. Vader was described as more machine than man at that point.

Question is this: Would Vader have turned against Palpatine without Luke there?

All that was left of old Annie was a burnt out husk of a man, peeling pasty skin, egg-like deformed cranium, held together with a mouthpiece.

:):vader:

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_love] [face_love] I think Luke was definitely the pivotal unknown factor. Without Luke there to remind Vader of who he had once been and what he had lost [face_thinking] he would have nothing to push him to turn against Palps unless it was a thirst for more power in and of itself.

9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Padawan Task-1
    One day, long in the future after you reach knighthood, you are sent on a diplomatic mission to a far away planet.
    This planet has been in a civil war for years.
    On one side is a blood monarch. He is not particularly cruel, his only crime being that he is a remote relative of his predecessor, who the people disapprove of.
    On the other side is a rebel group that wants to replace the current king with one of their own choosing.
    It has been a long and bloody fight, as well as an indecisive one.
    Both sides are willing to talk to one another, to try and create an armistice.
    But neither is willing to budge in negotiations.
    So the current king calls for Jedi aid.
    You arrive on planet, only to be confronted with massive protests, and awful slurs.
    It seems this planet's civilian population has suffered from long standing myths concerning the Jedi.
    This anti-Jedi sentiment has deep roots in the lower castes, and the rebels in particular who refuse to listen to reason.
    This creates a great complication to the peace process.
    How do you go forth in your mission?
    How do you achieve the peace?

IC: Vanora
    Vanora glances at the 'padd with her new assignment. She ponders deeply loving the intricacies of the puzzle. There are many layers and points to settle, but she finally finds herself drawn to a fundamental question to determine before moving forward in the diplomatic process, as to the literal details of how to proceed.
    The existing regime is not tyrannical; it just isn't desired by a faction. So a crucial question to settle is: does the ruler designated by the rebel group hold appeal just for a minority fraction of the society/world and would he/she represent a tangible improvement over the current ruler? If the answer to these is no, there is no reason to intervene.
    It is very difficult to uproot a bias that has an emotional hold. All the "facts" and persuasive arguments are not going to do much good in the abstract.
    It is necessary to win the trust of the rebel group, not just those who have the authority to put in a new ruler but the people who will be living under the new government. They have to see some evidence that a change will benefit them and they have to feel like their government will be stable, i.e., some other group isn't going to come along in a few months and topple it.
    This is something no outside force can guarantee or set up with definitiveness.

A Jedi diplomat/mediator can live among the people for a time and let them get to know her on a personal level to begin to undermine /undercut the long-held misperceptions.
    Once these have begun to erode a bit, she can establish an arena for both sides to air their likes/needs, the things each side wants to see happen. Then they can enumerate the things they are willing to compromise on versus not.
    If the Jedi diplomat feels she is over her head at any point, she can and should call on her colleagues/superiors to join her onworld and give the benefit of their insight and advice throughout the process.

@ConservativeJedi321 [face_batting]

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    IC Adalia Tehanis

Temple Training Room - Dopplegänger Exercise
    TAG@Tython Awakening @Kyber Acyk @Jedi Master Kenobiwan@Anedon @BookExogorth

Dopplegänger Exercise or Simifuturus as it is also known.

This skill is gives a Jedi the ability to create a duplicate/copy of themselves or an object /thing in another location. These 'copies' are indistinguishable from the real thing/person. This skill is not only difficult to do, but taxes the Jedi performing it both physically and mentally.

It has been used in the past to 'trick' an enemy into believing they are seeing more objects/Jedi than are actually there.

As we all now know Jedi Master Luke Skywalker used this skill when confronting his former Padawan Kylo Ren, and he did it as he last saw himself as a younger man. Other Jedi who have performed this are Corran Horn, Yarrel Proof and it is believed Count Dooku was capable of it. According to the Autobiography 'I Jedi' - it was Corran Horns strongest power.

The Force user could perceive all of the dopplegänger's senses, and to those interacting with it, the dopplegänger seemed real. The user could even interact with the world using telekinesis to move objects, furthering the believability of the illusion. The dopplegänger could also be detected by all droid audio and video sensors. The dopplegänger would fade away if the Force user was injured

[​IMG]

A Force phantom was similar to a Dopplegänger, being that it was an astral projection of a being created through the use of the Force, but it was a projection of something other than the user's own image. Force phantoms were also most likely used only by the dark side, and usually exhibited corporeal properties and inflicted damage on living beings.

MISSION FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN TRYING THIS.

This is a most serious action, mostly only performed by Masters as it takes so much out of ones body, mind and soul. So if you choose to attempt this, it will take time and be prepared to fail. By failure we learn. The 'tagged' members expressed interest when this was mentioned but are under no obligation to complete this task, it is voluntary only.

Meditation is the start, and in your mind's eye see what or who you wish to project, make that vision in your mind strong. See each detail, consider each angle and minute thing that may increase the believability. Second you must now see where you want that thing/person to be, you must then be able put the two together, see them as one. Start with small distances and small objects. Make sure you are alone and will not be disturbed as breaking the concentration will cause the copy to dissipate.

OOC Ok guys remember, none of us are real Jedi - although I am pretty sure Ananta is as close as anyone is ever going to get in this life! So keeping that in mind, and the fact that you guys are Knights and Padawans and NOT Masters, I don't want to see Spectacular success!!! In reality, we (the Council) want to see some epic fails, or misadventures. Depending on how much you make us laugh, points will be award up to 7 in total, breaking the 5 point Maximum ceiling. So like the exercise, details are important, give us something to remember! Don't think there is a time limit on this one either, give it some time and thought ;)

11. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    How did I miss that we have a new player in LOTG?:eek:
    I got to start paying more attention to these things![face_plain]

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  12. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Hardest guess ever in one's life! [face_laugh] #kappa #:obiwan:

@Ananta Chetan

"For in fighting the battles, the bloodshed already lost we have."

A Jedi is guardian of peace, we fight to depend, never to attack/kill. But during the Clone Wars, no matter how much a Jedi depended a planet, in the end, there were tons of blood shed.

"Yet open to us a path remains, that unknown for the Sith is. Through this path, victory we may yet find. Not victory in the Clone Wars, but victory for all time."

Superficially, this clearly means the redemption of Anankin/Darth Vader. But at then buttom end, it all comes down to the choices a person make. The choices we make, make a path for our life and sets a mark for it, just like how the society and the enviroment around us have an inpact in our life as well.

I don't know what else to write about the task, maybe if someone comes up with follow-up questions, it will get my mind on a spin.

13. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Epic task @Adalia-Durron

:)

I'm going to imagine a copy of myself successfully completing and passing my college assignments that are due.

14. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Dopplegänger Exercise Task

IC: Varian Aldor

I sit alone in my quarters with the lights out
    [​IMG]

I envision the temple's courtyard. The Ch'hala trees coated in snow, the snow nearly blocking the door, the feel of the cold wind on my skin. There the feeling of the cold! That'll help me better place myself there so to speak. It will be difficult to place my image there without giving myself away, the lack of footprints in the snow should be a clear sign.

Maybe I should try for one of the benches. They are dusted in snow but not as much. I focus my mind, I reflect on my own appearance, my green robes, my beard, my lightsaber on my belt. I attempt to put myself there.

"Think of the cold on your face Varian" I tell myself aloud. I can almost feel the chill, I can hear the wind at least. "wait what!" I open my eyes and am still in my quarters.

"Damn I broke concentration" it seems I did not materialize, but I did begin to pull the courtyard to me so to speak.

Tag @Adalia-Durron .

15. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    So are you covered in snow???

16. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    *actual footage of Varian
    [​IMG]

17. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] @vncredleader I award you 4 points for your snow covered and somewhat chilly attempt! I suggest a heating device and maybe dry robes!! [face_laugh]

@Bardan_Jusik pts please?[face_batting]

18. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    *actual footage of Varian >>>>

Master @vncredleader :greensaber:

The image of the knight in that image looks dead as a doorknob from frostbite. Just making sure it's not you in RL :cool:

(Ok, I get it, it's only a projection. My bad attempt at humor. But seriously, that dude looks frozen like an ice cube!)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  19. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    He didn't succeed, all her managed to do was bring the snow inside!! LOL

20. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    IC: Vanora
    Vanora glances at the 'padd with her new assignment. She ponders deeply loving the intricacies of the puzzle. There are many layers and points to settle, but she finally finds herself drawn to a fundamental question to determine before moving forward in the diplomatic process, as to the literal details of how to proceed.
    The existing regime is not tyrannical; it just isn't desired by a faction. So a crucial question to settle is: does the ruler designated by the rebel group hold appeal just for a minority fraction of the society/world and would he/she represent a tangible improvement over the current ruler? If the answer to these is no, there is no reason to intervene.
    It is very difficult to uproot a bias that has an emotional hold. All the "facts" and persuasive arguments are not going to do much good in the abstract.
    It is necessary to win the trust of the rebel group, not just those who have the authority to put in a new ruler but the people who will be living under the new government. They have to see some evidence that a change will benefit them and they have to feel like their government will be stable, i.e., some other group isn't going to come along in a few months and topple it.
    This is something no outside force can guarantee or set up with definitiveness.

A Jedi diplomat/mediator can live among the people for a time and let them get to know her on a personal level to begin to undermine /undercut the long-held misperceptions.
    Once these have begun to erode a bit, she can establish an arena for both sides to air their likes/needs, the things each side wants to see happen. Then they can enumerate the things they are willing to compromise on versus not.
    If the Jedi diplomat feels she is over her head at any point, she can and should call on her colleagues/superiors to join her onworld and give the benefit of their insight and advice throughout the process.
    Excellent reply @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha . I award you 1 Force Point in addition to whatever your Master decides your reply merits. You will make a fine Consular one day. ;)

@Bardan_Jusik pts

*rubs his bearded chin as he notices snow in unusual places within the Temple*

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    [​IMG]
    When your daughter gives you a gift or two :D [face_love]

22. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    Dopplegänger Exercise Task

IC: Irishi Kenobiwan
    Personal Quarter

Irishi sat cross-legged on the meditation chair located in the centre of her room. In sync with the Force, she was in complete serenity and tranquility. Irishi sinked herself deeper into the Force and focused on a spesific spot in the Room of Thousand Fountains. The feeling was incredible; she could hear the soothing sound of the fountain water falling and swooshing-sound made by the wind. She could even feel, slightly, the wind brushing her face and neck, and lifting her ponytail ever so lightly.

Focusing harder, Irishi called to the Force and started to project herself towards her goal. Easy now...make sure you project your whole self there...Don't want to scare the younglings. She focused on her own appearances: her face, the shape of her body, her clothing...

Slowly, ever so slowly, she started to see the room clearer, the wind and the sound of the waterfall felt, and sounded stronger...

"Nooooooooooooooooooo! Give me back my book, Keyan! Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyan!!!!"

The loud scream scared Irishi so much that she somehow during the exercise pushed herself away from the meditation chair and landed 1 feet away. What the...She opened her eyes and looked around, she was still in her quarter.

"Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyan!!!! Give me back my book!!!! If not, I'm gonna find a Master!!! Keyan!!!!"

Oh...it comes from outside the room. Irishi got up on her feet, feeling slightly dizzy. Woah. Looks like this Dopplegänger exercise do take away a lot of one's energy, Irishi mumbled to herself. Walking slowly to the nearest bench, she sat down and closed her eyes once again.

TAG @Adalia-Durron

OOC: Not much humor here, but maybe someone can help the youngling? :p

PS: Addie, lovely necklaces. My favourite is the one on the left. :D

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
  23. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Well Done @Jedi Master Kenobiwan !! I award you three points for your effort, try again if you dare. ;)

I love them both, and of course my kids know what I love!!!

@Bardan_Jusik Points Please?[face_batting]

24. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  25. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    You did very well apprentice, you stayed calm and analyzed the situation efficiently. When confronted with such views, actions speak louder than words.
    And if a war refuses to end, it may mean the combatants simply haven't exhausted themselves yet.
    Patience, and logic are necessary to solve such a crisis of diplomacy.
    Both of which you have demonstrated.

I award you Five Force Points.
    @Bardan_Jusik

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.