main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~**

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    IC: Vanora on the Gatherer

She saw a vibrant orange beam emanate from the saber Acyk had constructed. It glowed warmly and she smiled, sharing his sense of triumph.

@Kyber Acyk

:cool:

Kyber Acyk likes this.
  2. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep
    The Gatherer

The Sound of a lightsaber igniting roused the Master back awake, and he stood from the pilots chair. Oobserving the chrono, he understood that over two hours had past, and he stated "Well by Jove they did it."

He turned back into the hold, shaking his head slightly to return his focus to him. As he saw both young Jedi wielding their newly created weapons, he smiled. "Very well done. Just remember: The Crystal is the heart of the blade, the heart is the crystal of the Jedi, the Jedi..." He droned off, and shook his head once again to stay alert.
    "Well you get the idea."

He turned back to the cockpit, but stopped just short to inform them "We'll be arriving back at Saridona Prime within the hour. Don't get to comfortable."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC: Force points

@Kyber Acyk
    Early Tests: 4 Force Points
    Locating Your Crystal: 3 Force Points
    Building your Lightsaber: 3 Force Points
    Total: 10 Force Points

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha
    Early Tests: 4 Force Points
    Locating your crystal: 4 Force Points
    Building Your Lightsaber: 4 Force Points
    Total: 12 Force Points

@Bardan_Jusik

3. Child_of_a_Jedi

Child_of_a_Jedi Jedi Master star 1

May 11, 2015
    *Bows respectfully*
    I don't believe so. My mother, @JediMaster_Jen is a writer and spends the vast majority of her time in the fan fiction forums. The code, of course. It is as follows:

There is no emotion, there is peace.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no passion, there is serenity.
    There is no chaos, there is harmony.
    There is no death, there is the Force.

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Well done. I may need to meet your mother (here) to discuss our raising of SW Children!! My son is your age and named Luke ;)

I award you 3 points for this and ask that if you wish to be part of us you change your signature to show this with 'Initiate to the Guardians of Light' and you have been awarded your first 3 points. If you read the rules in the first post of this thread, you will see you need points to achieve your goal ;)

5. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
  6. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
  7. Child_of_a_Jedi

May 11, 2015
    I'm sure she'd be happy to speak with you.:D Signature changed.

Thanks!:D

Thank you!:D

8. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
  9. Child_of_a_Jedi

May 11, 2015
    @Adalia-Durron

Simple answer--I want to help people. I have been raised to believe that the greatest calling in life is to be of service; to allow my gifts to help enrich the lives of others. I want to better understand who I am, to find a deeper meaning in the galaxy and in the events taking place around me. I believe that learning the ways of the Force and becoming a Jedi is the best way to accomplish these things.

10. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
  11. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Welcome Jedi! :D As an old saying goes, if you can take one-sixtieth of another's pain away you have done good for that person and for yourself. Looking forward to whatever kind of Jedi you shall grow into.

12. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Good answer, Son. I may have to join you as an Initiate. :)

13. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    A mother-son Padawan duo! :eek: We'd love to have you both, @Child_of_a_Jedi and @JediMaster_Jen, now or further down the road. You're always welcome to stop by, too, if you'd like, test the waters as it were :bluesaber:

14. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    I definitely think I'll join the fun. :) What must I do?

15. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    For now, let's get to know you a bit better! You've been part of the JCF for a while, and I can guess from your username that you have a certain dedication to the light. What is it that draws you to the Jedi and the light side?

16. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Well I'll be......... Welcome @JediMaster_Jen !!! So very thrilled to see you here!!! Mother and son, wow!! Now if I can get my slug like Rebel 18 year old Son to join in!!!

Becca's question is good! ;)

17. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    [face_dancing] Especially if his name is Luke indeed. [face_love] [face_mischief]

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I just asked him, he's sitting behind me, and he said "nope, not happening mum" So I guess that's a no. Well Done @JediMaster_Jen seems you've achieved one step further. :p

19. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    Welcome @JediMaster_Jen

Goodness gracious, a mother and son Jedi duo! My mom got my brother and I into Star Wars collecting right when the first films came out. Some of my first Christmas gifts were SW actions figures and pop-up books.

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  20. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    :) Yes, I do feel a certain pull to the light. It's not just one thing that draws me to the Jedi, it's many things. It's their selflessness, compassion, dedication to duty and service, their honor and dedication to service. The Jedi are beacons of light. Their spiritual presence in the galaxy is as important as their physical presence.

It was a great question. :D

Well, mine took some convincing. :p But he's learned throughout his 18 years in the galaxy that if he simply does things my way, everything just works better for all involved. [face_laugh]

That's very cool! I think my brothers and sisters still have most of their SW toys from the 70's and 80's. I still have some of mine. :D

21. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I award you three points for your answer @JediMaster_Jen, does anyone else have any questions for our newest member?

@Bardan_Jusik points

22. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    Thanks!:)

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  23. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Wow I missed so much.:eek:
    Strange as I have this thread watched, so I should have received tags.[face_thinking]

But then next week is finals weeks, so maybe I just overlooked them.[face_worried]

I saw @Child_of_a_Jedi come in during my trip to illum, and offer him a hardy welcome.

And to you as well @JediMaster_Jen

This is a unique experience, as I am unaware of any mother son duo to have joined our order in all my historical research.:-B

May the force be with you both.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
  24. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    All right, another question for our three initiates @Kev-Mas_Colcha @Child_of_a_Jedi @JediMaster_Jen: What do you personally hope to get out of your training as a Jedi? Do you see yourself following a particular path or are you following the will of the Force? Is there any particular skills you wish to pick up or discussions you want to have? In character or IRL, whichever you prefer, or both, is fine :)

25. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    For future reference: Unless otherwise noted, my posts are written from an out of character perspective.

The one thing I enjoyed the most out of my past experiences in this order and its predecessor was the Role Playing aspect. I love to jump into another world where I live the life of a Jedi, learning the ways of the Force and honing my mastery of it as I rise through the ranks, from initiate to Master, to even Grandmaster as I once did. These experiences honed my writing skills and without them I would not have even dreamed of setting out to curate and write for an entire book series full of fan fiction as I am currently doing. To be able to experience that again would be a welcome experience, and a perfect means to go back to my roots to find a greater appreciation for them.

Additionally, I hope to challenge myself in new ways I have yet to figure out. I hope to start fresh from a new perspective, and hopefully pick up on anything I might have missed the first few times around. As Yoda said, "You must unlearn what you have learned.". There is no better birth than a rebirth.

As far as what path I would follow, I'm aiming towards either Sentinel or Guardian. It's still up in the air though, and I think it might be best to actually find out what I end up as through RP.

I'd love to see more discussions that are deep in Jedi philosophy, discussions on other Force traditions from a Jedi perspective (beyond just Jedi and Sith too).

Last edited: Apr 27, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.