main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~**

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Padawan Task

The time has come to bring forth the trial of Yoda upon you! In the extended Clone Wars there is a scene where Yoda ends up confronting his Darkside doppelganger. Of course this ended up in a combat and meditative clarity. In a book Dooku asked Yoda whatever he wanted the Dark side of the Force could provide and Yoda asked for a rose. These horrifying moments are part of Legend and Lore, as too is Luke's journey into the cave. Yoda is different in that he talked and not merely dove straight into violence with his own spectre of the Darkside and I would ask you to do the same.

I know of your Dark and Grey history dear Padawan and would ask you to write up your own 'cave' or 'temptation' scene where your own darkness would come and tempt you. I want to hear how you would tempt yourself to the Darkside, either IC, as yourself DRL, or both! What compelling argument would you use to tempt yourself? And then your own reasons and reply to such temptation.

I look forward to all that yet may be @Kev-Mas_Colcha

2. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Here's a random question for everyone, for no points: what are some of your favorite (or at least most memorable) cave-esq scenes in other Star Wars works? Like for me it's Ferus meeting Anakin in the caves on Illum or Ahsoka being confronted by the truth about Anakin and not being able to deal with it

Also Rey's cave scene is the perfect embodiment of the Dark Side, she has to give the dark side something, in this case literally descending into the darkness, and in the end all she is left with is herself, utterly alone. That is so freaking perfect, it hollows you out and leaves you with nothing but your own faults and frailty. Though unlike Luke, she became stronger for it, her reaction to that was to even more strongly believe that anyone can be saved, because no one could experience the emptiness of the Dark and not want to resist it.

That and the hardest thing for her is learning that she is no one, and I love that

3. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I actually wrote about a similar encounter that Kev-Mas I went through as he was finding himself post-Endor after his life as an Emperor's Hand came to an end. In this encounter, Kev-Mas traveled to Dagobah and in the same cave that Luke faced the doppelganger of Vader, Kev-Mas faced a doppelganger of his past, darker self. Meaning he literally had to overcome his past.

I think that for Kev-Mas III, his encounter will be flipped. Instead of fighting against the doppelganger of his past, he'd face off against a possible future version of himself, one that was twisted and corrupted by the Dark Side after seeking vengeance upon the Sith that took over his homeworld. Likely this would be a lesson given to him after these motivations were found out by the other Jedi, in order to not only warn him of the dangers that path held, but to show him that the Dark Side is not stronger; after all, the goal is to defeat this doppelganger.

As far as real life goes it's more difficult to apply this subject, but the one thing that would tempt me is probably the promises of a comfortable life. One where I didn't have to work anymore but would be more well off than I am already.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  4. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    In Progress: "These are the books you are looking for."
    IC: Tython

Tython, studiously fixated on the history of the Jedi Order, wanders halls of bookshelves, archives, datacrons, virtual histories...droid databanks...

[​IMG]

5. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    As you do that remember the golden rule of our resources

Tython Awakening likes this.
  6. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    One of my favorite movie lines of all-time! I saw AOTC 3x in the theater. I was tempted to include some images of Jocasta Nu in my post.

[​IMG]

7. Iteote

Iteote Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2017
    Im still alive :) Anyone seen Solo yet?

Sarge and Kev-Mas_Colcha like this.
  8. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
  9. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Heeey @Iteote.

Haven't seen solo yet.

Iteote likes this.
  10. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    You should, I rather liked it. So far I've liked both anthology films much more than the ST ones. I think in part because the Anthology films are filling back in the gaps left by the Legendization of the EU.

11. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Maybe at a later date.

12. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Its a definite 'must see' swashbuckling space adventure, and I loved it. :D

13. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I've had a bit of an itch lately... I don't know if it's been getting quiet because everyone's busy as we head into summer (or winter for those of you in the southern hemisphere ;)) or because we all need something to do, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in a short one-shot style RPG with just GoL members/characters to bring us through these summer months. Completely separate from LotG, of course, I don't want to step on any toes there, with a different style and a shorter term commitment. I haven't GMed in a while (and never here on the boards) and I kind of want to poke my head back into that realm now that I'm not overwhelmed with school and work, but I want to start small... any thoughts? If everyone's too busy I'll head back to my meditations...

(And yes, I will be posting in LotG today/tonight... it got lost in the drama of Black Sheep the last little while :p)

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  15. Kyber Acyk

Kyber Acyk Jedi Master star 3

Nov 30, 2017
  16. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I expect I can find time for a small one-shot game. Do you want us to stick with our regular characters?

@Rebecca_Daniels

17. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I intended to use Liuna (with some modifications) as a GM prop but it's up to you! I need a bit to sort this out and see if anyone else is interested so there's time if anyone wants to work on a new Jedi character.

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You know I read it and thought, 'Naw, ' then I thought about it and change my mind. So, I will give it a go ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

19. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Woo, that's already more interest than I thought I'd have :p I've actually wondered for a while about doing one-shots in the RPF, for those who want to RP but can't commit long-term, or for bringing in new RPers who just want to try something out. But that's a thought for another time and place... for now this is just a gauge of interest for this one.

20. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Announcment
    A Few Words on Force Points...

While FP's maybe only be a means and not the reason for us being here, they do allow each of us to gauge and keep track of where one is according to their training and beyond in terms of rank, experience and commitment over time to the GoL. As part of that it takes a bit of awareness on everyone's part to ensure the numbers remain accurate. With that in mind no one should hesitate to remind their Master or the Council if they feel that their or anyone's points being officially awarded has been overlooked. Simply PM or TAG your Master or us in thread. This ensures that Bardan can keep the master list on the OP up-to-date.

Council TAG @Bardan_Jusik @Adalia-Durron @Mitth_Fisto @ConservativeJedi321

That accurately describes me. A couple of times I considered putting up a 'cameo post' or two in the LOTG but felt daunted by not being familiar with the scenario to make it relevant. Let us know what you decide. ;)

21. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Join us Ananta, you will find a new place to exist in the Force ;)

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  22. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    So my @Kev-Mas_Colcha old stories I remember well. It is enough to make me wish to see future stories, but I am content for now ;)

As for DR L, Dooku paying the bills is your greatest weakness. . .yes I can see how tempting that would be to most. I enjoy my job too much, so my own would be a different sort. 3 points ! @Bardan_Jusik

Next task to follow shortly ;)

I would be interested Zara, I fell to the same problems with the Black Sheep and neglecting the other too long :p

23. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    I wonder if Liuna and Suraya know each other.

[face_thinking]

Rebecca_Daniels likes this.
  24. Iteote

Iteote Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2017
    no, not me either

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  25. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I'd definitely be interested in a one shot RP. I've been waiting till I get tasked with creating a character sheet to join the main one though. Do I even need to wait for that?

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Rebecca_Daniels likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.