main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~**

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    So how did my fellow Jedi feel about Solo being the first SW film without the word Jedi being mentioned at all? I loved how the film really stuck to the approach of being about the "less significant" people of the galaxy. I think if they had pitched the solo film to us as "a heist movie, showing the lives of those under Imperial control, featuring Han Solo" I would have been way more hyped prior to that second trailer

2. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    No you didn't have to wait, but this does stir up a thought on some things as normally we have done an initiate task to make your character, so. . .Consider yourself so tasked, also time for a trial.

• Trial of the Force
    I want you to detail 3 lightsided force techniques and break them down, their usefulness and possible weakness they lend their users towards or the technique has, and then do the same for three neutral force techniques. At least one of each should be something your character prefers or is strong with. Also at least one should be something your character is weak with.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Not to detract from potential participation in Becca's planned RPG (which is a great idea by the way), but you're always welcome to drop by for a cameo (or longer if you wanted to) in LotG. The game is set up more as a sandbox style with us all just role playing our Jedi (and affiliated) personas, I just give us a little bit of framework to work within in terms of immediate scenarios and issues to resolve, but many parts are character driven. The issues Becca's character is having with her droid for example, or the internal struggles going on with several characters. That's all from them with no input from me.

Right now we're in a bit of a lull as I try to get everyone back to the Temple (I split the players up into way too many groups at the start of the game), but even then we'll probably be staying there for a bit as some of the character issues get resolved (or maybe they don't yet fully) before our next real "adventure" gets underway.

4. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Alright, first the trial:

Neutral powers:

Battle Precognition: Kev-Mas is strong with this power, and uses it in conjunction with Echani Martial Arts to enhance it even further. It is a very useful power that allows you to sense your opponent's movements before they make them, allowing you to protect yourself better or strike at a weak point the moment it becomes available. However, it is very easy to become too reliant on this power and become crippled in situations where you are unable to touch the Force (yslamiri and Force Suppression can be annoying ;) ).
    Force Body: Kev-Mas has fairly minimal training with this power, as he prefers to do things with his own strength rather than use the Force as a crutch. However, it is a very powerful ability that allows a Jedi to live through things that could otherwise kill them and even resist being severed from the Force.
    Battle Meditation: This is perhaps the most useful ability in a jedi's arsenal, allowing them to treat a battlefield they are in like a virtual game of sabacc, but with precognitive powers in addition to omniscience. Despite its incredible strength however, once the Jedi conducting Battle Meditation is neutralized their allies suffer tremendously in their absence, having grown to depend on them.

Lightside powers:

Force Meld: Kev-Mas is strong with this power and is able to use it in conjunction with his leadership skills and tactical knowledge to gain an edge on the battlefield. It is a specific form of battle meditation that allows a group of Jedi to combine their minds together and see as a group rather than an individual and it could be used to gain the upper hand in battle and enhance the senses of all involved. However, a great disturbance in the Force would be magnified tremendously for Jedi performing a meld, causing even greater pain than it normally would. A powerful Sith could take advantage of this to drive Jedi in a meld insane and potentially turn them to the Dark Side.
    Force Healing: Kev-Mas has fairly minimal training in this power, as he prefers to use the Force to prevent himself or others from receiving harm rather than reduce harm that has already been caused. Force healing is pretty straightforward. It allows a Jedi to draw upon the living Force to heal their own wounds or the wounds of others as well as cure diseases, poison and other ailments. It does have dark side applications, but for the most part it is a Light Side power as when used by a Dark Sider it becomes twisted and manipulated into being completely different, usually coming at a terrible price, such as disfigurement and deformities.
    Electric Judgment: This power is one that is fairly controversial amongst the Jedi, due to it's rather aggressive nature and similarity to Force lightning. Like Force lightning, it can be used to inflict harm upon an enemy, however the Jedi retains better control of their emotions and as such they can limit their use of the ability to simply knocking out an enemy who cannot be reasoned with, removing the necessity to cause any further harm, further harm that would not be avoidable with mere use of a lightsaber. However, it is still a form of Force lightning, and if a Jedi is not careful when using it they could slip dangerously close to falling to the Dark Side.

Then here's the character sheet:

General Information:

Character's Name: Kev-Mas Colcha III

Species: Thyrsian/Echani hybrid (75% Thyrsian, 25% Echani)

Rank/Affiliation: Jedi Padawan

Languages: Basic, Binary, Thyrsian, Echani

Residence: Temple of Light

Home Planet: Thyrsus

Approved Special Features:

Character Traits:

Personality: Stalwart, resolute, compassionate, analytical, judicious, prudent

Habits/Mannerisms: Tends to take his time to observe others and will not get involved in their business until they involve him. As such, he tends to keep track of minor details about individuals he has came into contact with for future reference, used for many different purposes such as tactical analysis and diplomacy (but not limited to just that).

Likes/Dislikes:

• Likes: Combat, but not for the sake of fighting, but rather for the sake of learning about one’s opponent. He loves to spar with others as a way of merely getting to know them better.

• Dislikes: The Sith, specifically the ones who murdered his family, enslaved his fellow Thyrsians, conquered his planet and corrupted the Sun Guard.
    Racial Traits: Like other Thyrsians and Echani, Kev-Mas matured physically and mentally at a young age, and as such despite only being 16 he looks and acts equivalent to a 25 year old human. Also like other Thyrsians and Echani, he is fairly tall compared to a human.

Strengths and Weaknesses: His training as a Sun Guard has given him excellent tactical knowledge and leadership skills. However, he is a very intense and focused individual and tends to get too wrapped up in whatever he’s involved with to come up with solutions for problems he hadn’t foreseen.

Physical Strengths and Weaknesses: Kev-Mas is an incredibly potent combatant, having already been formidable fighting force before he began his training as a Jedi. He is a master of Echani Martial Arts and can predict an enemy’s movements from the slightest hints in their body language. He has excellent endurance and tends to outlast his opponents. However, he isn’t very nimble or flexible, has a hard time avoiding blows he can’t see coming within a few seconds and does poorly in tight spaces.

Looks:

Appearance: His skin is a light ashen gray, with pitch black patches in recessed areas such as around his eyes. He has piercing silver eyes and long black hair. He is 2 meters tall and has a muscular build.

Picture: Don’t have one yet. Will probably be commissioning an artist to create one eventually.

Eye Color: Silver

Hair/Fur: Long black hair

Skin Color: Light ashen gray

Clothing: Electrum coated Thyrsian Sun Guard armor. It shines a bright golden color that is in direct contrast with his rather monotone physical appearance.

Personal History:

Immediate Family:
    Father: Vincent Colcha - 121 ABY - 154 ABY (fallen in battle with the Sith when they conquered Thyrsus)

Mother: Cassia Colcha - 124 ABY - 154 ABY (fallen in battle with the Sith when they conquered Thyrsus)

Spouse/Children: N/A

Biography: Kev-Mas Colcha III was born to a long line of Sun Guard who ruled the planet of Thyrsus, dating back to the former Emperor’s Shadow Guard and Emperor’s Hand Kev-Mas I. Kev-Mas I’s son, Leonias Colcha was an Echani and the child of Echani freedom fighters who gave their lives in 4 ABY to liberate Eshan from Imperial control.

Kev-Mas I adopted him from an orphanage on Eshan in 10 ABY after detecting his incredibly powerful force presence while he was in the area. He raised him as his own child and apprentice, and eventually with the help of an old friend took him to an ancient Rakatan relic on Belsavis known as the Mother Machine to alter his genetic code, essentially making him his biological son and heir.

Kev-Mas completed his training in the Force, as well as training him to resurrect the Sun Guard of Thyrsus, which he did in 34 ABY, shortly after the destruction of Starkiller Base. From then on, the Colcha family ruled over Thyrsus, with the Sun Guard protecting the planet as well as anyone who came to them with the need, for a price of course, based not on how difficult the task was but rather how important it was - the more important, the cheaper.

In the traditions of the Echani and Thyrsians, children grew up rather quickly compared to other races. At the age of fourteen galactic standard years, they had a ceremonial rite of passage. The Echani called theirs the Telcta Tea Ceremony, and the Thyrsians, like Kev-Mas (though he had mixed Echani and Thyrsian blood, he was raised on Thyrsus as a Thyrsian) called theirs the Sóltus Rites, named from the Thyrsian word for Sunrise.

Kev-Mas’ Sóltus Rites were two years ago, in 154 ABY. The day after the Sóltus Rites a Thyrsian is sent offworld for a vacation to indulge in their last bout of youthful pampering before returning and assuming adult responsibilities. Kev-Mas was enjoying a nice vacation on the resort world of Pantolomin when tragedy struck. He received an urgent message from his parents asking him not to return home because Thyrsus had been attacked by the Sith and the battle was all but lost.

Then shortly after, he felt a crushing pain in the Force, as he felt the death of his parents. Much too devastated to continue his vacation as if nothing happened, he left Pantolomin and began wandering the spacelanes. In order to make a living he occasionally sold his services as a mercenary to the highest bidder, and in the current moment he was on the job, hired to guard a supply depot.

Eventually, a Jedi was sent on a mission to investigate this supply depot, and that’s where Kev-Mas III’s story as a Jedi begun. He agreed to come with this Jedi to the Temple of Light on Saridona Prime, and eventually he became the Padawan of Master Hochner Trevalus.

Miscellaneous:

Lightsaber:

--Blade Type: Lightsaber Pike

--Blade Color: Gold

--Saber Amount: 1

Combat Forms: Form III

Strong Area of the Force: Battle precognition, Force meld

Weak Area of the Force: Force healing, Physical enhancement (such as Force Valor, etc)

Pets: N/A

Weapons: Force pike, though he rarely uses it or even carries it now that he has a lightsaber

Starship (if any): Golden Aegis

[​IMG]

• The Golden Aegis is a modified Twin Suns Engineering TEF-23 Guardian-class Gunship. The ship possesses four heavy laser cannons, a dual solar ionization cannon turret as well as bomb bays that can be filled with various different types of ordnance. It has heavy armor and shields as typical of a ship of this type. It also possesses two reactors: a standard solar ionization reactor similar to what might be found in a Sienar Predator-class fighter as well as a unique reactor modified to be fueled by a kyber crystal chamber. This reactor increases the power output for the ship to a small degree and powers a force sensitive AI. This AI allows an appropriately trained Force user to meld with the ship for greater control, meld with other Force sensitive pilots more effectively and easily, aids battle meditation (similar to that of a Sith Meditation Sphere but on a far lesser scale) and allows the pilot to communicate with the ship and issue orders while not physically piloting it (like a beckon call device). Additionally, the crystals powering the AI bond to the pilot like they would in a lightsaber. The AI also takes a spectral form while inside the ship, and looks like the Force Ghost of a female Fosh in Jedi robes, tinted the same hue of whatever color the crystals attuned to the pilot are (so in Kev-Mas’ case, she’s gold). However, interacting with the AI requires specific training that Kev-Mas never received and will likely have to discover on his own.
    Droid (if any): N/A

5. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    As for @Rebecca_Daniels RP, the concept is interesting, but I literally just got myself a job which has odd hours.
    Until I get on a routine I can't commit to anything.
    It may even be a bit of a grind for me to keep up with my current RPG's.

But won't jump to conclusions until I actually see what it's like.

6. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Congrats on the job at any rate! :p

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Congratulations CJ321 on the job. Worse kind of job with odd hours I've come across is those that change shifts: days then nights. :eek: Throws your sleep cycle off as well as when to eat etc. [face_laugh] Thankfully my work is strictly daytime, especially since I'm a morning person anyhow. :p

Crazy sort of irony too: a person starts hosting an RP because they have loads of free time because they're between jobs, etc. Then they get hired and :oops: :p

8. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Thankfully my 'odd ours' sort of line up with my normal sleep schedule from before I had a job.
    It's a 24/7 restaurant, and I'm there in the afternoons. But because it is 24/7 my boss says I may be there until midnight sometimes.
    Still less odd than when I worked at camp, which was also 24/7. The difference being that at camp I worked all 24 of those hours. (Technically, I slept from 11 until 6, but tornado warnings pulled us out of bed early on occasion, during which we most certainly worked to keep the campers entertained).

9. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    You weren't allowed to duct tape the kids to their beds at that camp to prevent such shenanigans? :p

10. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I work the night shift, so I definitely understand the odd hours woes.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I worked nights for part of my college years to pay for school. Then worked them again for a short time after I got together with my (now) wife right before law school started. The first job was fun (it was just stocking shelves at a local grocery store, but we had a good crew with some fun folks I'd graduated high school with). The second job (working for FedEx loading delivery vans) sucked, but I think I was just over working nights by that time.

12. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    I do a lot of evening shifts myself, I'm just settled into this job now after a few months. It's not too bad now, unlike my last job, so I actually have time to RP and stuff :p

13. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    @Kyber Acyk 5 Force Points for Joining the LotG RPG and posting consistently.

Are there any other Knights who have inquires regarding their FP's?

@Bardan_Jusik pts

Note: Bardan has the freedom to recommend points for the Masters to reward for exemplary Jedi RPG-ing. ;)

14. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
  15. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Don't give him freedom!!!!! :eek:

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
  16. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Nah, give it to him. If we don't, he's liable to just take it anyway.

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  17. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Do I get to paint my face blue?

18. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    You can paint your face what ever colour you like!!! Orange Even!!! Make sure you dont paint your eyes! ;)

Rebecca_Daniels likes this.
  19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    ow!

shab it, now you tell me.

20. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Powerful - Maybe

Bright? - shields eyes from Orange - yes definitely

Smart - not so much.

21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    It was supposed to be blue! :_|

22. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    See what you did to your eyes?

Mutters

Jedi stuff, Jedi stuff, Jedi Stuff, Jedi Stuff

Just making sure we're on topic.

Rebecca_Daniels and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  23. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Honestly, we leave you two unsupervised for two minutes

24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    That's about a minute and three-quarters more than they need.

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    Yup, only need 15 seconds to make a mess...........well he does anyway.

Bardan_Jusik and Rebecca_Daniels like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.