main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~**

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    OMG Have the Black Sheep turned up in the Legacy of the Guardians RPG!?!?! :eek:

2. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    I wanted to post a task for him, but I thought that maybe our new Knights want to do it as well, so I passed the pin on to the next one that wanted to grab it.

Sent from a galaxy far, far away...so far away even I don't know where it is.

3. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    So....what happens to me now that I have more than 25 FPs?? :p

Voss Fulris likes this.
  4. Voss Fulris

Voss Fulris Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2018
    Thank you for the task, @Rebecca_Daniels!

I believe the dark and light are a spectrum that blends together rather than a duality in opposition. Rather than some acts being inherently dark, I feel that the motivation and mindset behind the act plays a key role in determining whether or not the act is dark. Using teh Enclave Cookies as an example, this would allow me to eat the dark side Vader cookie if I did so because I was hungry, but not if I was using my choice of cookie to signal my betrayal of the GoL :p. I think @Khalia Octa summarised this very well with the example of the people with an incurable disease that could spread. This links into the idea that that the dark and light are relative and depend on your point of view. Whilst some dark-siders acknowledge they can become an embodiment of evil, others such as Jacen Solo felt embracing the dark side was the only way to do good.

To me, the question of whether dark and light are a duality or spectrum comes down to the ethical question of whether you value intention, outcome, or both. I've already argued that intention matters. The same act can be committed, but a dark side user may do it with a mindset of anger, whereas a light side user may do so with a mindset of peace. Ahsoka's actions when facing Vader can demonstrate this. She understands what Vader has become, and realises he needs to be stopped and this will protect her friends. When Vader explains that ‘revenge is not the Jedi way’, Ahsoka replies’ I am no Jedi’. However, we can see that Ahsoka’s actions were well-meaning and without dark intent. The actions of ‘avenging’ her Master’s death may not be considered to be the Jedi path, but I would argue are still the light path given her intentions.

So from Jacen’s case I learnt that outcomes matter, and from Ahsoka’s case I see that intentions matter. This supports the idea that the force runs in a spectrum. This means that bringing balance to the force need not involve eliminating dark or light, but accepting them both in coexistence. One cannot exist without the other, since the spectrum blends together and they meet in the middle.

I would qualify this by adding that there may be some actions that can only be undertaken by dark side users, irrespective of intention. For example, it may not be possible to use Force Lightening without manifesting the dark emotions of hate and anger of the dark side.

nope, I don't think so ;)

5. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Surprisingly enough, it wasn't the younglings causing mischief, but some of the other members signed up to adopt! *Chuckles heartily*

However, I do like the prospect of adopting a member because it'll be a wonderful learning experience and I enjoy that. In my opinion, the best way to learn new things is to teach them to others. Plus, this will help prepare me to pass down what I have learned to a Padawan of my own once I complete my training here. The members involved seem to be a fun group as well, so I'm excited to get more involved.

I'll admit that the games didn't allow for much interaction, but that's only because of how they were designed. They are very simple games where you make a chain of posts based on a specific subject based on the content of the previous post. However, they were still enjoyable - sometimes the simplest things in life are the most wonderful. You can also learn a lot about someone based on the smallest amount of information, such as what their responses are in such a game, for example. Like, in one of these games, where you were supposed to reply with a character bearing a relation to the one listed in the last post it was pretty obvious one of the other posters was looking at wookieepedia for material, same as I was.

Well, admittedly it seemed I dropped the mic and got no responses aside from a few post likes. That forum certainly has a lot less activity than most others though, so that might explain it, especially since there isn't much discussion to be had on that subject beyond what I had said and what had been said before me.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

6. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Very good. It is interesting how the little things can light the path forward in getting to know others.

Surprised I am at the younglings not one-upping the adopters with high-jinks. A great place for levity of post and freedom from most of the restraints of the rest of the boards they are.

*Watches a tumbleweed blow by the last forum* Yes, there are definitely some slower parts of the boards :p All very good. I give thee 3points! @Bardan_Jusik

I'll have your next task in a couple days ;)

7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Blame BJ. It was his idea.

8. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    You know those pesky Black Sheep, always turning up where they are unwanted and least expected. :p

All my games are connected (in my own head canon anyway), but they won't really play a role here. Just some connectivity I couldn't pass up as more background information about the GoL (and potentially a few characters) is fleshed out a bit.

9. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    Alright, I have a few questions before I complete the assignments. I - should I do both, one from @Adalia-Durron and one from @Kyber Acyk ? And what does "the three different kinds of Jedi" mean? Should I research it?

10. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013

Expect to be contacted soon by someone on the Council regarding what comes next. In the meantime, continue to post and prep yourself for your padawan training. ;)

11. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Thank you master. *bows* I look forward to continuing my training.

Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

12. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    @ThisIsMe1138

Many initiates have found having a copy of the Jedi Path ready has helped them through the Initiate Trials. There is also wookiepedia.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 13, 2018
  13. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I can't even keep up with this thread anymore it's so busy!:p
    I come home from work and you guys are a page ahead from where I last looked.
    By the next day you are another.

We're in for some crazy times.

14. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
  15. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    @ThisIsMe1138

You should only do one task at a time. It is better to concentrate on one task and perform it fully to gain the most out of it before moving on to the next one. Many of us have taken a week or longer to complete a single task. Also, moving too quickly through tasks leads to burn out. Remember to tag the person who gave you the task.

16. Voss Fulris

Voss Fulris Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2018
  17. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    @Kyber Acyk
    Where would you find this information?

edit: Nevermind, I saw @Tython Awakening 's post. I'll try and get the book from my library, and I probably will eventually buy it. Thanks!

18. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Think these points might have been missed @Bardan_Jusik :) It's been a busy couple days

19. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Indeed they were, thanks for the head's up!

20. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Adalia-Durron and Khalia Octa like this.
  21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I believe so. I try to keep up with the points on the master roster, but sometimes I miss them when awarded as lately the tags haven't been 100% reliable. So it is on every Jedi, padawan and initiate to keep track of their own Force Points as I generally trust those totals to be accurate. I mean, if you can't trust a jetii, who can you trust? :p

22. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Yeah, I usually go by if my post got liked or not and I saw that it hadn't been ;) Just wanted to make sure our eager Initiates got their earned points :p

23. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Hello all,

Sadly, I am going to have to suspend my endeavor to become a Jedi. To make a long story short, I have some family issues to deal with. I hope to be back by the end of the summer and hopefully, if possible, resume my quest. If that's allowed.

24. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    We had wondered what had happened Jen, we all hope things are resolved and it all works out well. You are more than welcome to resume when you return, in your own time. Thank you for keeping us in the loop, and take your time, we're not going anywhere ;)

Khalia Octa likes this.
  25. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.