main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~**

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Khalia Octa likes this.
  2. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I prefer water to air.:p

Khalia Octa and Ananta Chetan like this.
  3. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006
    Don't drink coffee, prefer iced tea mostly. And no orange juice, as I might end up in hospital

Khalia Octa and Adalia-Durron like this.
  4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Truth is I drink water mostly and the odd glass of full cream milk. The coke is a special Occasion thing.

Rebecca_Daniels and Khalia Octa like this.
  5. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    You all must drink some different kind of OJ in Canada. [face_worried]

:p

6. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    I'm allergic, is all ;)

Khalia Octa and Adalia-Durron like this.
  7. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    [​IMG]

:p

8. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
  9. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    I loved that look at Rey, it's kind of this "hey, you're following me on my daily chores around the island, what the **** were you expecting to see?"

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Voss Fulris likes this.
  10. Khalia Octa

Khalia Octa Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 2018
    Okay!! No OJ for you then please!!!!!!! ;)

Rebecca_Daniels likes this.
  11. Tython Awakening

Tython Awakening Force Ghost star 4

Oct 12, 2017
    OJ and Coffee for me:)

I'm thinking the Initiates might benefit from a task on the Three Pillars of the Jedi?

@Adalia-Durron

And yes, I'm shy about jumping into giving tasks to Initiates. I was the Initiate not too long ago.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    Khalia Octa and TheRynJedi like this.
  12. Jedi Master Kenobiwan

Jedi Master Kenobiwan Force Ghost star 6

Oct 8, 2011
    I'm easy ( :p ), I drink ice coffee, ice tea, warm tea with sugar (like a good ol' englishmen :p) and hot coffee (no black coffee, that's just [face_sick]). But in worse case scenario, you'll be seeing me with a 0,5 L can of energy drink. :p I even went so far that I drank a whole can of energy drink during the first 2 hours of a written exam...bad idea...I was so full of energy for the rest of the 3 hours that I could barely sit still, lol.

13. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    Can you drink Tang? There was a brief period of time during my childhood where I was allergic to orange juice as well, though the allergy went away once I hit my teenage years. One of the things I used as a substitute was Tang.

Khalia Octa and Rebecca_Daniels like this.
  14. Rebecca_Daniels

Sep 3, 2006
    Weirdly yes, though I don't like it much Not really orange-y enough, I guess.

Khalia Octa and Kev-Mas_Colcha like this.
  15. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    I agree. It's basically orange kool-aid. The citric acid makes the taste, but unfortunately that's the part that most people are allergic to.

Khalia Octa likes this.
  16. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    @teamhansolo @TheRynJedi @ThisIsMe1138

Hello to all three of you Initiates. Are any of you currently completing tasks? I have a new task on the Pillars of the Jedi when you are through with any remaining tasks.

Page 282 had an Initiate Task from @Kyber Acyk
    It is copied below. This thread has been so busy lately, no one can keep track.

We should do a Clone Wars-related task??

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  17. TheRynJedi

Jun 20, 2018
    I don't believe any of the three of us are working on tasks. I know I'm not.

A Clone Wars task would be fun :D

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

18. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    In the past I have asked initiates to pick an episode of TCW to (re)watch that focuses on the Jedi or some aspect of the Force or have chosen a particular one myself. Then asked them questions or for their reflections on what they saw.

Just to share for brainstorming of ideas, if you are interested. ;)

19. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    I'm also pretty sure we're not doing something, so I would be happy to receive a task.

OOC- A Clone Wars one sounds really cool, and if you do the re-watch an episode one, I'd be able to do that, since I have Netflix and they're all on there.

20. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017

:greensaber: ~ Initiate Task ~ :bluesaber:

The Three Pillars of the Jedi

The abilities of Jedi take years to develop. While many Initiates have shown a natural proclivity to the force, they have yet to hone that connection into one that can be put into service to others. As Jedi, our daily routines are focused on the Three Pillars of the Jedi, as a natural extension of the Jedi Code.

3 Points Possible

1) Find and post an image in your response of the Three Pillars of the Jedi.​

2) Name the First Pillar. Why is it the First Pillar? (1 point possible)​

3) Write a paragraph on each of the Three Pillars of the Jedi, for three paragraphs total. (2 points possible)​

Remember to tag the knight giving you the task in your response.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jedi Code

Also: We need our Initiates to do a task on the Jedi Code. @teamhansolo recited the Jedi Code on Page 281. I could not find a post where the other two Initiates recited the Jedi Code.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  21. teamhansolo

teamhansolo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    @Tython Awakening

[​IMG]

The three pillars of the Jedi are, The Force, Knowledge, and Self-Discipline. The reason the Force is the first pillar, is because it is the most important for the Jedi. It holds them up, and strengthens them. It gives them the power to keep the galaxy peaceful. Without it there would be no order, only chaos.

1. The Force
    The Force is an energy field that Force-users can tap into. It is created by the power of all living things in the universe, and it flows through all beings. Every life-form in the galaxy has the force, but only very few can use it. To use the force you must have a high midi-chlorian count, and learn it's ways for many years. The force has two sides, a light side, and a dark side. The light side is composed of all that is good, while the dark side is of all that is evil. When you are connected to the force, you can perform amazing feats that would otherwise be impossible. The reason the Force is the first pillar of the Jedi Order, is because it is the most important for the Jedi. It holds them up, and strengthens them. It gives them the power to keep the galaxy peaceful. Without it there would be no order, only chaos.

2. Knowledge
    Knowledge is the second pillar of the Jedi order, because it is the basis of Wisdom. It is important for a Jedi to know many things, so that they may be better equipped to keep peace in the galaxy. Jedi spend many years studying, and learning, so that when they are ready to go out into they galaxy and serve the people, they can do it at their best. Over the years, the Jedi Order has accumulated an enormously extensive archive, that is matched by no other.

3. Self-Discipline
    Self-Discipline is a crucial skill for every Jedi because it is what leads to selflessness, and then, service. If a Jedi has mastered himself, he is then able to do things which if done before, could lead to the dark side, such as fighting in battles, which can trigger fear, and anger. The study of self-discipline is learned last, as it was one of the hardest to master.

22. TheRynJedi

Jun 20, 2018
    Jedi Code:
    There is no emotion, there is peace.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no passion, there is serenity.
    There is no chaos, there is harmony.
    There is no death, there is the Force.

(There was an abbreviated version used by Youngling initiates at the end of the Republic era:
    Emotion, yet peace
    Ignorance, yet knowledge
    Passion, yet serenity
    Chaos, yet harmony
    Death, yet the Force

This version is interesting, because the traditional version seems to imply that the first half of each line simply doesn't exist, and that feels like a lie, especially to children. The abbreviated version seems to acknowledge that the first half of the line exists, yet we must choose the latter. I almost like it better.)

[​IMG]

Three Pillars of the Jedi

Force
    The first pillar of the Jedi is the Force. It is the first because everything else is based upon it. Without the Force, there would be nothing. It is the energy of life. It is created by life, and connects all life. The Jedi are the ones who can feel and channel that energy, and listen to its will. The Force desires balance, and the Jedi are the ones who help preserve that balance from the dark forces who would disrupt it.

Knowledge
    The second pillar is Knowledge, for if we do not know anything about the universe, how can we expect to affect it? You must know how something works before you can help repair it, and that is true in mechanical systems, just as much as in biological networks, and in emotional, physical, and mental systems in a living being. A Jedi seeks to know all he can, and by doing so, improve himself by learning better ways of doing things.

Self-Discipline
    The third pillar is Self-Discipline, for all the knowledge in the universe is worth nothing if we do not know the appropriate way to use it. Jedi must be in control of themselves, physically, emotionally, and mentally, because the Force and Knowledge can be dangerous if used in the wrong way. The balance of the Force is disrupted when someone uses it for selfish or destructive purposes. A disciplined Jedi is able to consider their actions, and how they will best preserve the balance of the Force.

Tag @Tython Awakening

23. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    We have some thoughtful Initiates ready to train in the Jedi ways!

[​IMG]

Here are two bonus questions related to the Three Pillars:

1) Should we, as Jedi, agree that force sensitivity without discipline can be potentially dangerous? What would be the risk of a child having high force sensitivity without proper guidance? Do you believe the Jedi Order maintains a responsibility to galactic society to recognize force sensitivity and offer proper discipline?

2) The living force allows Jedi to connect with plants and animals in the world around them. Can you share some stories about a favorite pet or animal that you have bonded with? How did you feel a special connection? How did you know that the pet returned the same affection towards you?

Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
  24. ThisIsMe1138

ThisIsMe1138 Chosen One star 6

Jun 26, 2018
    First of all, I'm sorry I haven't really been keeping up with my tasks, I am waiting to get the "Jedi Path" from my library. But here are some completed ones, not sure if they are individual tasks or what, but answered questions, anyways...
    Tag: @Tython Awakening

I would agree that Force-sensitivity without discipline/training could be dangerous, but the key word is potentially. While it cannot be denied that the risk, most notably of an untrained Force-sensitive child falling to the Dark Side, is present and would likely be catastrophic, there is no guarantee that anything that evil will befall an untrained child. In some rare occasions, I believe it could even be beneficial to leave a child in his current situation, depending on their age, their bond with those who care for them, and their level of sensitivity. That said, however, the Jedi Order definitely has a responsibility to locate and offer proper training and discipline to Force-sensitive children across the galaxy, which decreases the risk of Dark-siders, benefits the life of the trained child and offers the galaxy mediators to maintain the peace.

The Jedi Code:

There is no emotion, there is peace
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge
    There is no passion, there is serenity
    There is no chaos, there is harmony
    There is no death, there is the Force.

25. Tython Awakening

Oct 12, 2017
    Good response to the bonus question and you also recited the Jedi Code. @ThisIsMe1138

There is no rush at all. We can put you in the tags for Initiate tasks and you can respond to them when you are ready.

You aren't behind on the tasks because I just posted the Three Pillars Task this morning. The tasks should not interfere with anything you have to do in real life.

The information found in The Jedi Path can also be found on Wookiepedia in a slightly different form.

For this task, check out http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Jedi/Legends for the Three Pillars of the Jedi. Scroll 1/2 way down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.