main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~**

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Well Done Iteote! That's what I was looking for! Please award yourself a full 5 points! Good work.

Bardan_Jusik - points

The Vanguard, Bardan_Jusik and Iteote like this.
  2. Iteote

Iteote Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2017

3. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    IC: Titus Fenton
    Ilum, Ice Caves

Titus walked forward through the ice corridor it was cold and the corellian was glad he hadn´t forgotten his thermo gear. He was careful, these caverns were gigantic and the force told him that the apprentices weren´t alone.

For a second he closed his eyes and reached out in the force searching for Van. He hoped his friend was still here somewhere.

Entering a greater cave above him he saw someone. But Titus was unsure who that was, Van or another of the apprentices? He wanted to reach out in the force, to find out more when a noise at his left froze him. Turing around the force warned him in the last second and the Corellian threw himself to the ground.

The creatures claws hit only the air were a second ago had been his face.

It was a Vornskr a deadly creature from the outer rim world Mykr, Titus had never seen one of these beasts before but he had read about them in the temple. They were fast, strong and they could feel the force in other life forms using this rare ability to hunt force sensitive creatures . There was no chance of fleeing, the Vornskr would find him everywhere.

The apprentice was still trying to get up as the creature attacked again. Titus aimed his right boot at the creatures head. The Vornskr howled in pain for a second before attacking again. The padawan was still on the ground trying to use the force to protect himself but he was scared so his force push wasn´t as strong as it should have been.

Shrugging the force attack of the beast came down on Titus trying to bit him in the throat. Titus tried to protect himself but the Vornskr was too strong.

Tag: @The Vanguard

@Rebecca_Daniels @ConservativeJedi321 @Jar-Jar Binks @Thane kyrell @Psychenous @Ananta Chetan

4. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Ooh, cliffhanger!

5. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Like this?:p
    [​IMG]

Darth_Elu, Iteote and Sarge like this.
  6. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    IC: Koji Vansyph
    Ilum, Crystal Caves

Koji couldn't see the creature, but he could tell it was fast.

Hold on friend! he shouted to Titus, his voice echoing and bouncing off the cavern walls.

He was still a long distance from his fellow padawan and time was running out. Without a lightsaber Titus hardly stood a chance against the beast he was facing.
    Koji eyed a ledge 3.23 meters down, he jumped to it. Then another. Then another. He was closing the gap! He reached the closest ledge he could near the floor where Titus was, but they were still a good 18 meters away.

He focused on the situation below, able to make out the creature, a Vornskr!
    Deadly, force-adept predators, he remembered learning of them from his studies at the Temple.

Titus, draw the Vornskr toward the chasm ledge! Hurry!

They only had one shot, it had to count. Titus rolled out of the way from the beast after stunning it with a swift kick to the temple and was on the move. His warm exhales created small clouds as he ran towards the cliff.

Koji focused the force and found peace from which he drew strengt. He stretched out his hand towards an oversized icicle that was looming above.
    Emotion, yet peace.

The Vornskr charged towards Titus, running faster than Koji anticipated.

*Crack*

The icicle dislodged and descended like a lightning bolt from the icy ceiling, followed by a loud crash that echoed through the caves.
    When the padawan surveyed the area, the Vornskr was still on his feet.

Sith-spit! Koji muttered.

Without another second passing, the ground began to rumble and crack open as the ice began to split and collapse. Uh oh.
    Titus had already moved towards the tunnel heading out of the cavern, but the ledge Koji was standing on began to give way. In fact, the entire wall he was on was collapsing piece by piece. He would never make it, but he had to try. Koji summoned the Force into an attempted jump farther than he had ever attempted before.

*whoosh* ..he was airborn, the ledge he leapt from already beginning to crumble into the chasm below.

*smack* his body collided with cliff, his hands barely gripping the edge.

Titus! A little help!

TAG: Anedon
    @Rebecca_Daniels Ananta Chetan Thane kyrell Psychenous Jar-Jar Binks ConservativeJedi321

OOC: Awww man, I was going to use that exact pun for this. Looks like you're one step ahead Sarge

7. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Hmmm, future I see! [face_rofl]

Sorry to steal your thunder, Van. But not all that sorry! [face_laugh]

8. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    For a potential bonus point, post a short video clip or cool picture that you like of Ahsoka Tano. :ahsoka:

9. SkywalkerStyle

SkywalkerStyle Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2017
    Sure, Master Ananta Chetan! Here are a couple of my favorites:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    4 FP's SkywalkerStyle
    Hypothetically imagine a moment IRL that you could change for the better as a Jedi and tell us what you might do. :ben:

Bardan_Jusik pts

SkywalkerStyle and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  11. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    IC:Titus Fenton
    Ilum, Ice Caves

Titus rolled away, again in the last second. The Vornskr only hit the ice but Titus knew he couldn't continue this way. The beast was quicker than him and sooner or later he would react a second too late.

When he heard the chrashing of ice below him Titus looked up and for a moment even the Vornskr turned its head to the ice wall. Cracks appared on the ice and grew witj every second. The Vornskr was still stunned by the view when Titus concentrated on it again.

He knew he had to leave the cavern but he wouldn't outrun the Vornskr in the Tunnels. For a second he closed his eyes and concentrated on the force as the Vornskr turned around to him again. The cracks grew around them, opening into holes within the floor.
    When the Vornskr sprinted towards the apprentice the time slowed down for a moment. Titus saw the beast and the hunger in its eyes.

Than his force push hit it slamming it to the ground and over the edge of a hole. The scream that followed lasted for a few seconds before the creature met its end somewhere below them.

Titus turned around heading towards one of the tunnels, when he heard Van's scream.
    The human tutned around and saw his friend haning from a cliff above the abyss.
    Sprinting towards him Titus ignored any thought of his own safety.

He grabbed his friends hand and pulled him back on the icefloor.
    "Are you okay?" He asked as the cave around them started to collapse.

Tag: @The Vanguard

@Rebecca_Daniels @ConservativeJedi321 @Jar-Jar Binks @Thane kyrell @Psychenous @Ananta Chetan

12. SkywalkerStyle

SkywalkerStyle Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2017
    *smiles and bows* Thank you, Master Ananta Chetan. I will complete this new assignment as soon as possible.

13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I entered a number into my commlink and waited patiently while it processed the signal. Ding... ding... ding... You have reached the message service of Jedi Master Ananta Chetan. He cannot come to the comm right now. Please leave a message after the chirp. Chirp!

"Master Chetan, this is Bonaventure, your Padawan-squire. I am at the waterfall in the woods, meditating. There is a squirrel watching me. And I am watching him. He is in a tree behind me, my eyes are closed, it is dark, and I am still watching him. Is this what I was supposed to see? It just ran higher into the tree. The tree is tall and very old. I see every branch, every leaf, even the rings inside it, and the roots beneath it. And I see how it shares its life with the forest around it, the squirrel, the birds, even the dirt and water and air. The life goes out into all the world, and beyond the world, into the stars and the space between them, all of it is bound together, each part supporting and being supported by all the rest, and even I have a place in all of this. All are separate, but all are bound. I can see that now. I can see everything! I've only scratched the surface of all that is to be seen and known. It will take a lifetime to absorb all of this. I will be here, seeing all that the Light will show me, until you summon me. Thank you, Master."

I ended the call and contemplated infinity. The squirrel dropped a nut on my head. I ate it. I am one with the squirrel. I am one with the nut.

If I say things like that out loud, people will think I'm mental. Next thing you know, I'm likely to start talking to myself.

No, I'll just talk to the stars. I like the stars.

14. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    wanders to the waterfall to go for a swim, sees her wayward squirrel........

Enough you twerpy squirrel, get back to my quarters before I have your tail shaved!!! And quit dropping nuts on peoples heads, its just not nice!!!

Proceeds to go for swim....leaves padawan to talk to himself..

[​IMG]

15. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    IC: Koji Vansyph
    Ilum, Crystal Caves

[​IMG]

Van had been moving so much that the heat from his own body made him forget about the cold. Until he had landed smack dab on an ice wall with his hands gripping the frozen ledge.

Suddenly another hand grabbed Van's forearm.
    He returned the grip, pulling himself up, Titus on the other end with a resolute look on his face asked, "Are you okay?"

For the moment, we gotta get out of this cavern!

Good idea, let's head for - wait a second, Titus almost froze, I think I see my crystal!

Titus glided towards the chasm ledge section that was still intact.
    Titus we don't have time! Van warned.
    Seeing his friend had already made up his mind, he quickly followed the Corellian, as more and more chunks of the ice floor collapsed within themselves.

This is it! I can feel it! Titus exclaimed.

Van quickly glanced near the spot where Titus found his crystal and was shocked.
    Immediately nearby was a singing stone, glimmering with a brilliant light unlike one he had seen before. It was slightly lodged into the ledge and with an easy pull, Van removed it from the icy ground. As he picked it up, his Force sense was confirmed. He found his crystal!

What are the odds?! Titus chimed in, realizing what Van had also found.
    He didn't have time to think about it, they were in danger. What say you we get outta here?
    Right behind you!

The path ahead was still clear and without a moment to lose, the Jedi bolted out of there within the blink of an eye and headed for the Crystal Cave's entrance.

TAG: Anedon

@Rebecca_Daniels Ananta Chetan Jar-Jar Binks Psychenous ConservativeJedi321 Thane kyrell

16. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    I love the Ilum crystals. But cold, too cold for me...just send me one or two with a nice greeting card, thanks. :p

17. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    I am surprised the Empire never mined Ilum. But also grateful.

18. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Actually, there's a rumor that Ilum was mined all the way through. And it became something of a killer of stars.

...Or so I heard. Not sure if its official though.

19. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Hmm. Interesting. I would like to see where that is. Kinda gotta admit it wouldn't surprise me much.

As for the kyber, the strongest stars have hearts of it. Makes one wonder if a field of dead stars such as the Kathol Rift or the artificial nebula of the old wars might be littered with the rare kyber [face_whistling]

Darth_Elu likes this.
  20. Lenea_Sandstrider

Lenea_Sandstrider Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Meanwhile, I'll try to get something together when I get a chance to breathe. Everything dropped on my head at once, to put things mildly.

Mitth_Fisto likes this.
  21. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    You must have quite the headache! 8-}

22. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Sarge and The Vanguard like this.
  23. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    I have been known to have one every now and then :p

24. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013

I admit when I first saw the title of this TED Talk pop-up in my YouTube list of recommended videos today I was intrigued and amused but assumed it was just a satire. So, I decided to watch the first few minutes or so for a laugh but instead ending up watching it all the way through and was genuinely impressed with the speaker's perspective that was full of authentic points I imagine most of the GoL and RPGers could empathize with at some level.

Elective Task
    Watch the vid and share your review for a chance at some Force Points.

TAG Everyone

25. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    George RR Martin?? EDIT: That makes a lot of sense.

"Get out the Doritos and Mountain Dew" [face_laugh]

My favorite imagery he used was, "..gather around the fire of each-other's imaginations."

To sum, I really liked what he had to say. Not only was it true, but he was able to articulate to the general population that probably doesn't even know what D&D stands for. It's one thing to talk shop within a circle, but it's another to speak the same language to a foreigner and have them actually understand you.

I have found so many times in my own personal life, instances where I have learned a behavior from RPGs and subconsciously applied them at work or with friends. The best example would be persuasion or speech points. In one of my favorite RPGs, Mass Effect, without high persuasion points there are several missions that are practically doomed from the start. I always go heavy on persuasion. Or in Skyrim, with high speech points you get lower prices at merchant shops.

I've noticed this at restaurants or stores, when I genuinely connect during conversation, sometimes the cashier will comp me a free side or drink. It's not a guarantee, but I know that when you look someone in the eye and genuinely meet them where they are - big things can happen. I consider this a skill. Something I learned from RPGs. Its not just being nice, you are purposefully trying to influence the other person in a situation. It may seem selfish to be nice just to get something. But I don't see it this way. I see it as being genuine sometimes has rewards, but I would be a fool to say I don't think about the outcome.

Speech has it's effects in negative situations as well, like talking down an aggressive person from taking violent action. Such is the position law enforcement has to take all the time.

Role playing is definitely an escape, but he was right. Role playing has mechanisms built in that hone in real world skills. Teamwork, problem solving, creative thinking, etc. All these are things that truly benefit us in the real world and are foundational in role playing games. It may just be me, but I'm thinking RP is slowly becoming more mainstream. Who knows, but I hope it does. :)

Thanks for sharing this Ananta Chetan

Bardan_Jusik I sense a very good John Wick-esque story coming in the Shadow War.. :D

Sarge, Bardan_Jusik and Ananta Chetan like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.