main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~**

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013

*Helps out his fellow Jedi Master by starting the OOC 90's post-Knighting shindig for Knight Sky* ;)

Adalia-Durron Jar-Jar Binks

The Vanguard and Jar-Jar Binks like this.
  2. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
  3. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009

Possibly. [face_devil]

:p

4. Rebecca_Daniels

Rebecca_Daniels Force Ghost star 5

Sep 3, 2006

I'd be down, but not until next Monday at least- I have a busy week planned and I don't want to leave our Sith friends waiting :p

5. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
  6. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    [​IMG]

This is a 90's song but played on the last episode of the Late Show with David Letterman.

and here is the original 90's video if you prefer

7. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Anedon, Very good. Bardan_Jusik You have earned 4pts.

I'll have another task up for you later ;)

Sky, congratulations!

8. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    So much has happened and I didn't even realize it!

My notifications have failed me for the last time, now they will feel the power - *ahem* excuse me. The dark side seems to tempt me a lot via system failure...

Sky, your trial of everyday life..
    "Sky, the legendary droid cross-dresser." [face_laugh]

As for your new journey, welcome to knighthood friend! :) Jar-Jar Binks

**Everlong is one of the greats, solid choice.
    ***EDIT: A little disappointed nobody played Baby One More Time.
    That song!!! Oh man, the flashbacks are real. Adalia-Durron
    Master Chetan, your sig shrunk! :confused: Ananta Chetan

Doooooooo Iiiiiiiiiit Rebecca_Daniels :D

9. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Thanks master :)

The Vanguard likes this.
  10. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    Well done Psychenous To match wits and creativity with a RL SW artist in your first duel is to be commended. 5 pts

For those who wish to see the results, Click Here ;)

Bardan_Jusik pts

11. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005

Anedon, being a Guardian class from my beginning days I very much would like to have you follow this task as your next task.

Sarge likes this.
  12. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Academic Theory of Saber Dueling

Here is my take: observing the image, there are several parts that make up the whole. The man in the image is confident if not comfortable, which means he is complete. The descriptions of the animals and what they represent are intentionally placed where the are.
    • The Lion (heart,) reminds me of a staunch defender, his heart on the left side of his chest is what drives his conviction to withstand opposition.
    • The Elephant (feet/legs,) reminds me of sure footing. Having a strong foundation, knowing where you stand and where you are going, gives confidence to make a move and assurance under any burden.
    • The Tiger (strong arm,) shows speed and quickness, which lends to nature of the arrow's flight. I interpret it to mean that you must be swift when combating on the offensive. Speed doesn't mean haste, patience is still a virtue. But when the time to strike is right, lightning fast must that strike be.
    • The Lynx (eyes/mind,) tells me of vision, measuring, deciphering. It's no coincidence that this animal is placed at the head, where the man (or woman, or Bith, or Turtle,) is to be most vigilant, he needs his eyes to be sharp. To discover hidden secrets, have foresight and utilize hindsight; this swordsman wouldn't be complete without a keen eye of his surroundings.
    All of these things together complete the makeup of a great swordsman. Each discipline taking time and practice weave together into a fierce tapestry of combat.

Sarge - this type of resource is invaluable. I look forward to hear about what it meant to Fiore. (Thank you for sharing.)

Mitth_Fisto, Sarge and Jar-Jar Binks like this.
  13. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Excellent insights, The Vanguard.

I'll give all Knights and Masters a couple of days to respond, and all Initiates and Padawans may still chime in, then I'll begin to explain some of Fiore's philosophies of battle.

The Vanguard likes this.
  14. Psychenous

Psychenous Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2017
    Thank you master. I enjoyed the experience and have learned much from defeat as I would at victory.

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  15. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    You did well Psychenous.

Now make like Anakin and double your powers for next time. :p

16. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Mitth_Fisto, Sarge

My thoughts on the academic lightsaber training.
    I think the first thing to note here is that Fiores teachings are quite hard to transplant into lightsaber combat, because a lightsaber is no longsword. For example a longsword is quite heavy were a lightsaber weight is quite low.And of course those teachings are mostly focused on duel between two opponents and have very little in common with an actual battle.

But to the symbolism

1. The elephant symbolizes a strong connection to the ground and a safe standing, something that a Jedi needs. In a fight a Jedi is constantly moving, jumping back and forth, doging attacks so its important not to use the balance during a fight.

2. The tiger represents speed which is important for a Jedi. As Jedi use little to no armor one hit from another lightsaber or a blasterbolt might be enough to kill them so they have to be fast to avoid being hit. And of course being quicker than the enemy is a huge advantage in a lightsaber duel.

3. The lion represents strenght which is something the Jedi down really need, as I´ve explained above a lightsaber weights little to nothing compared to a medival longsword.

4. The lynx represents cunning and awareness something the Jedi need the most. Due to their bond with the force they are able to forsee attacks and being able to block or avoid them. Also a good strategy is important especially against stronger opponents.

17. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    [​IMG]

Oh wait....:p

18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

*putting on concerned face*

"CJ, we need to talk."

19. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016

What?
    *Points at The Vanguard*

It was his idea![face_whistling]

The Vanguard, Sarge and Jar-Jar Binks like this.
  20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Are we going to have to gather all your friends and have an intervention? I hate those, but I'll do it, mark my words. [face_waiting]

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  21. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Can't a Jedi Joke?[face_laugh]
    T'was nothing more.

22. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    The Vanguard and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  23. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Anedon, 3 pts! Bardan_Jusik if you would be so kind as to mark it so. ;) I did particularly like your reasoning, at the start, a good consular you will make ;) Some things do translate and resonate thou must knowest tis' true, and so in every thing there is something to learn.

Alright, I suppose I shall now dip my own toe into this as well. Let it not be said a Master has sent an apprentice where they themselves will not venture. Let us see how foolish I am, yes? Hmm?

As is my nature, I shall start from the reverse direction of most. :D

At the top is the creature denoted as a 'lynx'. Odd name for a Tooka and Sand Panther type creature, but I digress. It's noted for having keen eyesight and holding a divider, a measuring tool. It actually looks like the traditional tool for measuring out long segmented insects from my species homeworld, things that defy the measure of a straight line. To me this speaks not of the ways of caution but of knowing. Of seeing your opponent, the terrain, the situation in all it's nuance and then measuring it against yourself, your abilities your position.

On the Right the Mighty Lion! Which looks like it has a little more sand panther and little less tooka. It sits there, holding the heart. A stab to the heart and one is dead, and the right is the most often used limb for the sword. For defense or attack it is the might of the right arm that both defends one's own heart and is best situated to make a stab at an opponents. (Although as this is on the left of the person we are viewing if not as an opponent but as a representation for ourselves then more than likely the position that it is the side to hold in reserve and guard is more so true.)

On the left, a tyger, looks very similar to a sentient race I know of, but as I value my friendships I shall state no more than this. It is stated to be holding an arrow. Interesting choice since we are taking up the blade. Although I feel this beseeches to the notion of one's needing to be fast, to rely on one's speed and to expect it from others. One should move to attack like the arrow, swift and true from the bowman's string, and in turn block just as quickly.

On the bottom, the elefante, or bantha equivalent of this poor back water world. To me I must echo the wise words of the padawan's, it is the base. A sure foot and a stable foundation is truly the best position to block or attack from. Otherwise you can be undone by your own might throwing yourself off balance and letting gravity cost you your life that you otherwise might of kept. After all see how one fairs when shot at in the air, you might block it, but it throw off how you would land and send you into a tumble. Having poor foundation in foot work and stability will fell you into such a disadvantageous state, either of which can see an enemy closing or shooting for a kill shot that might never the less never been available in the first place otherwise. So in short as the bantha balances the tower, so too must the feet balance the swordsman.

Now onto the swords. Seven swords, one shy from a perfect circle does it create. I believe these are in reference to how Fiore split the body up. Vectors of attack, of defense. Without the eighth I loose an ability to denote that this might be his method of dividing the body in defense and attack quadrants or zones. Unless of course the crown stands in for the eighth sword location. The ultimate defense and attack weakness.

24. Iteote

Iteote Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2017
    News about my heart murmurs:

Some weeks ago or when it was, I visited the hospital in Södertälje, and on monday I'm going to the hospital on Söder, 09:45 am.
    I'm thankful for not being a zabrak because they have two hearts...

25. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.