main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~**

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyla Skywalker

Skyla Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2017
    Thank you! :)

2. Iteote

Iteote Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2017
    More like Iteote power :ahsoka:

The Vanguard likes this.
  3. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    Does Iteote see herself as an instrument of that power, the Force, or the source of that power herself? :anakin:

4. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003

waits for answer as this is of great interest to her...

Rainbow Knight Star likes this.
  5. Psychenous

Psychenous Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2017
    Ananta Chetan

This post is directed to the majority of everyone here, but most specifically to my Master Ananta Chetan. It so happens that my alter ego, apprentice Macen Taniss, is extremely enthusiastic about his training and desires greatly to become a Jedi. No one can deny that.

Unfortunately his IRL counterpart Psychenous has been struggling lately with school, a two year old daughter sick and miserable with allergies, and other commitments that has left poor Macen wondering sitting, twiddling his thumbs in creative limbo for an indefinite period of time.

Realising how long he has been absent without leave Psychenous has come here today to offer his sincerest apologies and hopes that his avatar, Macen, can forgive him for the stoppage he his putting his training through. I am here to say that I regret to announce that Macen's life and trials on the path of the Jedi is going to be put on the proverbial back burner for the time being until I am less busy. Lately my participation in this thread has felt like a chore and I do not think that is fair to the group for me to come here while I am not feeling at my 100%. I cannot say when, or even if, I will come back; but I wanted to make this statement instead of vanishing entirely with no explanation which would have been a slap in the face to the good people on this group and a poor way to memorialise the fun I have had here with all of you.
    But my RL always must come first and my ability to operate fully and in a way that is fun for me is at a standstill and I feel it is best that I retire from the game until further notice. It's been fun and I will still be casually active on other forums of the site, but I can't spare much time for ongoing games and RPGs right now and I hope everyone understands.
    Thanks for the fun and may the Force be with you.

6. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Psychenous, you do what you need to do; no one will begrudge you that. Thank you for having the consideration to check in and tell us what's going on with you. And if your obligations are making this hobby a chore, then it's definitely time to take a breather. When you're able to come back and have fun with this game, you'll be welcome. Until then, take care, and feel free to drop in and say "Hi" if you feel the urge.

7. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    I second what Sarge says, you are welcome to return when ever or where ever time and DRL allows. Take care of you.

8. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Curse you DRL!!
    [​IMG]
    You will be missed Psychenous - come back soon!

9. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Yeah what they all said. :p

10. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    Best wishes to you Psychenous.:)

Initiate Task
    The Force is comprised of two parts. What are these parts, and how are they interrelated?

Feel Free to ask any questions if you are unsure of what I am referring to.
    Skyla Skywalker

11. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    How are the Jedi doing today, hm? :)

Psychenous Sad to see you go, but Darth RL always comes first of course. The JC shall remain for whenever you are ready to return. :D

Psychenous likes this.
  12. Skyla Skywalker

Apr 17, 2017
    Are you referring to the Light and Dark side of the force?

13. Iteote

Iteote Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2017
    Iteote-power is what makes me "me" I think. But I think I'm going to meditate on that...:yoda:

Adalia-Durron likes this.
  14. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016

No, I'm referring to two parts of the force as a whole, not exclusively the light and dark side, more about the very nature of it. If you have seen The Clone Wars this concept is discussed in the Season 6 Yoda Arc.

And there is also mention of it on Wookieepedia if you are up for a little reading.

15. Skyla Skywalker

Apr 17, 2017
    The Jedi Order and the Sith? I have read the Wookiepedia page a few times but I haven't gotten that far into the Clone Wars. I just started watching it a few days ago.

16. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016

What I am looking for is in the first sentence of the description section on the Force article linked above. If you haven't seen the entire TCW series I do not blame you for not being aware of what I am referring to. I'll even tell you one of the parts I am talking about is called the Cosmic Force. But I am certain from there you ought to be able to find the second one, and offer a brief description of the two. I'm pretty sure the first quote in their respective articles offers a synopsis of both.:)

17. Skyla Skywalker

Apr 17, 2017
    Thank you. It would have taken me awhile to find on my own! ;)

There are two parts of the Force. The first part is the Living Force, which represents the energy of all living things. The Cosmic Force bounds the galaxy together, and communicates through Midi-Chlorians. They are connected because the energies of the Living Force are fed into the Cosmic Force.

18. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Alright. I will give you Four Force Points For that, and you can expect the council to contact you in regards to who you will be training under.

Skyla Skywalker, Bardan_Jusik (Pts.)

Skyla Skywalker and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  19. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    The Vanguard

I'm sorry I took so long to answer Master Vanguard, but her is my report on the seven lightsaber forms.

Form I: Shii-Cho

Shii-Cho is the first form of lightsaber combat and is often called "The Way of the Sarlacc." and is the oldest and most basic form of lightsaber combat. It is often the first form of lightsaber combat that the Jedi learn and was developed from out time using traditional swords, before we had the lightsabers we used today. The focus of this form is to disarm our opponents without hurting them, though it is more useful against multiple enemies then a single lightsaber wielding opponent. Two of the most notable users are Jedi Master Luke Skywalker and Jedi Grand Master Yoda are two are the most notable users.

Form II: Makashi

Makashi is the second form of lightsaber combat and is often called "The Way of the Ysalamiri." This form developed when the Jedi began to fight Sith and other lightsaber wielding opponents. It focuses on precision, simple footwork and preventing oneself from being disarmed in a fight. This also makes it a strong defense against From I. Two of the most notable users are Count Dooku and Darth Vader.

Form III: Soresu

Soresu is the third form of lightsaber combat and is often called "The Way of the Mynock." It was developed to defend against blasters and is characterised by tight, efficient movements that shield the Jedi bodies, using the lightsaber as a primary defense against blaster bolts. It is important in Jedi Philosophy as it emphasises a Jedi's belief in calmness and non-aggression. They must centre themselves in the force to anticipate their opponents movements to successfully deflect blaster fire. Two of the most notable users are Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi and Jedi Knight Kanan Jarrus.

Form IV: Ataru

Ataru is the forth form of lightsaber combat and is often called "The Way of the Hawk-Bat." It is an aggressive, acrobatic style that channels the force to allow the user to achieve high speed movements, impossible leaps and deadly strikes. This makes form IV difficult and dangerous to attempt even with the aid of the force, and it can also leave the Jedi open to attack if they are not fast enough in defeating their opponents. Two of the most notable users are Jedi Grand Master Yoda and Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn.

Form V: Shien/Djem Sho

Shien/Djem Sho is the fifth form of lightsaber combat and is often called "The Way of the Krayt Dragon." This form developed out of form III and it utilises the defensive motions to create a more offensive style through using one's natural strength to dominate an opponent. The first variation Shien is used to deflect blaster bolts back at an opponent , which allows a Jedi to defend themselves while simultaneously using the enemies weapons against them. The second variation Djem Sho applies the same principle, but to lightsaber duels by blocking opponents attack and then using that energy against them. Two of the most notable users are Jedi Knight Anakin Skywalker and former Padawan Learner Ahsoka Tano.

Form VI: Niman

Niman is the sixth form of lightsaber combat and is often called "The Way of the Rancor." It is a synthesis of the previous five forms and is especially popular among Jedi who do not focus on combat training, as it is easy to learn and execute and may be viewed as an inferior style by some Jedi. Because this combines the previous styles of lightsaber combat together, a Jedi may use the force to push away opponents which allows better management in the face of combat. It is also popular amongst duel lightsaber wielders. Two of the most notable users are Darth Maul and Exar Kun.

Form VII: Juyo/Vaapad

Juyo/Vaapad is the seventh and final form of lightsaber combat and is often called "The Way of the Vornskr." It is the most difficult of the traditional lightsaber forms, both physically and emotionally and they channel their emotions into the fight rather then getting rid of them. This makes the users of this form chaotic, furious and often using unpredictable moves against their opponents to catch them off guard. During the time before the Clone Wars, Jedi Master Mace Windu developed Vaapad as a variation to the traditional form VII Juyo. It's premise was to channel an opponents negative emotions back to them. And only a few have learn from VII as it's thought to bring it's users dangerously close to the darkside. Two of the most notable users are Jedi Master Mace Windu and Jedi Master Depa Billaba.

The form I've chosen to learn and eventually use is Form I: Shii-Cho. Though I am open to learning more forms after that.

20. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016

Excellent report Silent. I've always found the seven forms to be a sort of revolving progression, with each form growing from the last yet each form remaining pertinent to it's user.

You have chosen a fitting form to study under, padawan Silent. Shii-Cho is a good example of the Jedi way, disarming an opponent instead of striking or killing. It's fundamental base is also quite practical in various scenarios and situations.

[​IMG]

You may choose a secondary form to learn as well, but no more than two at one time. When the time comes for you to become a Jedi Knight, once you've harnessed the first forms chosen, you may consider studying a third or even fourth form. Just remember, "a jack of all trades is a master of none." While it is not impossible to master several forms, it requires extreme discipline and patience to do so. Keep these words in mind.

4 points awarded, well done. TheSilentInfluence

**Your ensuing task will be assigned within the next planetary rotation.

Bardan_Jusik (pts)

21. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    ConservativeJedi321, Skyla Skywalker

The council is working on it, just a little distracted at the moment. But if you would like some appetizers while you wait feel free :D

[​IMG]

22. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Patience we must learn.

[​IMG]

23. Coffee_Ninja

Coffee_Ninja Jedi Master star 2

Jul 29, 2011
    Hi all. Just thought I would pop in and say hi. DRL has been keeping me busy, but that's ok. Hope everyone is well.

24. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    hello all, I was once a Sith. but I want you to forgive me for my straying to the dark side. What I want to say is.... May I join the Jedi Order? I wish to leave my Dark past behind...

25. Adalia-Durron

Jun 3, 2003
    This is very interesting, and we welcome you. But you know you must endure the training from the start, yes? If you are willing, we are willing to take you on. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.