main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~**

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Padawan Training: Motivation

TheSilentInfluence for your next task, I would like you to choose a Knight within our ranks and dialogue with them about their journey from padawan to Knight. More specifically, ask them what it means to them to be a Jedi Knight. Secondly, pick their brain about their own personal philosophy IRL and if it carried over into their training as a Jedi.

2. Master Vo

Master Vo Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2017
    IC: Keskor Vunn (I have changed the color a bit so it is easier for me and anyone else to read)
    Jedi Temple Armory.

"Guardian. That is the only one I have considered so far master. And my reasons are this. I believe that my strong point as a Jedi is my physical stance. I am not one for healing properties, I am more of a tank, Rather than a medic. I think that I am more of a combat type, Not that I would use it much, I would like to learn the more, for loss of a better word, Calm type of the force, Meaning Healing, Mind-reading sort of things, Though none can truly read minds, As far as I know, But deceive them, For example, The Jedi Mind Trick. Martial Arts and Lightsaber combat are my strong points."

Keskor hoped he had not done ill in his decisions. He had thought them out carefully. After all, He had never really considered the other classes. Though he would look into them.

"I suppose my second choice would be a sentinel, Balanced between both forms,In a sense. Is there anything else Master?"

TAGS- ConservativeJedi321

Sarge and ConservativeJedi321 like this.
  3. Skyla Skywalker

Skyla Skywalker Jedi Master star 3

Apr 17, 2017
    Ok, I didn't really think of that. I would restrain him temporarily in order to keep him from using Force-lightning. I would somehow tie his hands. That way, he wouldn't be able to lift his hands to use Force-lightning.

The Vanguard and Sarge like this.
  4. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016

IC: Semajj Nosrep
    Temple armory

"Hm" the Ongree contemplated as he listened to Keskor's decision. Before moving off to one side of the room, and picking up a training saber that lye on a shelf there.
    "The path of a guardian is indeed an important one. To fend off against evil, to fight for justice on the front lines of combat. It is one I deeply respect, even as I am but a Consular."
    He ignited the blue blade and passed it from one hand to the other checking its balance. "Though a Jedi's class indicates what their ideal position in our order may be, it does not by any means disqualify them from performing kinds of missions. As a diplomat I have ignited my lightsaber more than once, after being forced into aggressive negotiations."
    The Ongree set the training sword back on the shelf, before turning to face the Padawan again. "And even as a Guardian you may at times be expected to embark on a mission of peace. It is imperative that even as we specialize in one aspect of the Jedi way, we don't abandon our study's in other parts of the path. We are warriors yes, but also diplomats, and servants of the force." He offered a short pause, to let this lecture sink in, before turning to the next task at hand. "You have studied the lightsaber forms, once you are a knight you may study multiple if you wish, but as a Padawan you must focus on one. I ask you now, which one do you want to learn, and why?"

OOC: Three Force Points for that last task Master Vo'Un'Var, Bardan_Jusik (Pts.)

5. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

As you tie up his hands, the Sith leers at you and you feel him using the Force as your knots come undone. He's clearly a master of telekinesis and he's laughing at your attempts to restrain him.

6. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
    BookExogorth

Before we begin, ponder over these sagely words and share with me their importance as you start down the padawan path.

BookExogorth likes this.
  7. Skyla Skywalker

Apr 17, 2017
    I have tried a lot of things, but if I am going to be a Jedi, I can't just give up. I need to sort my way through this quickly of the Sith will make it to the village. I will have to go outside the lines here a little bit. I would destroy his weapon, and run away from him as fast as I could. I would catch up to the other Sith and fight him, while keeping him away from the village. I would strike him down, and turn the other Jedi into the Council.

Again, I won't give up easily. If I want to be a Jedi, I cannot give up!

Sarge likes this.
  8. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    IC- Keskor Vunn
    Jedi Temple Armory

"Well Master, My form that I have studied is Form II, Makashi, Way of the Ysalamiri, The Dueling form, I wish to learn this even more, It's Precision rather than the unorganized thrashing in the air, I believe, Is much better. I am a dueling type, Not a, Battle type, Dueling, Is my preferred stance of lightsaber combat, 1-on-1 Saber fight. I like the techniques of this form, It's gracefulness, Though I would like to learn others, but this is the top of my list."

Keskor watched his master put the training saber on the shelf. Keskor wondered if or what battles his master had taken part in. Keskor enjoys his Master's little sermons mainly because Keskor learns more.

"Well, Master, Hopefully I will stumble on a task when I can give you a tsunami of information, Is there anything else I can learn?"

TAGS- ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  9. BookExogorth

BookExogorth Force Ghost star 4

May 4, 2017
    The relevance of these words is to always be open to learning. Your past teachings may be good, but sometimes you are wrong, and you should readily admit when you have found this is the case.

10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998

While you're fighting the one who ran away, the one who "surrendered" is attacking villagers with Force lightning. He calls out to you, "You could have saved all these people by striking me down. It's your fault that they're dying. That's why people hate Jedi; you're so obsessed with your own code of ethics that you'll let innocent people die rather than get a little blood on your hands."

How would you respond?

BookExogorth likes this.
  11. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    IC: Semajj Nosrep
    Temple Armory
    "An elegant form." the Ongree said calmly as he moved down the line, observing the training weapons stacked against the wall with a curious gaze. "One specifically designed for lightsaber combat if i'm not mistaken." He noted with intrigue. "I am afraid my own experience with it is limited. So it will be up to you to do most of the research and study of it on your own time. I will of course aid in however I can, though I have always favored the more defensive Soresu."
    His hand came upon another training lightsaber, and picking it up he weighed it in his hand, before tossing it to the young human. "In the coming weeks I would like you to study your chosen form, and when you feel yourself ready challenge one of your fellow Padawans to a duel. With the consent of their Master of course. Contact us then, and we will observe the duel to determine how much you have learned."
    OOC: This duel can occur in whichever duel thread you choose as long as you are not inconveniencing someone else's duel. Ideally choose one that is not reserved at the time. You already know of the Communities Dueling Thread I believe, or you could use the RPG dueling thread, or our very own Rancor Pit.​
    Also be sure to tag me, and the other apprentices master so we can observe the duel with each post.​
    And 2 Force points for your last task Master Vo'Un'Var. Bardan_Jusik (Pts.)​

12. Skyla Skywalker

Apr 17, 2017
    I would say, "The Sith have killed more innocent people than we have ever. It is actually your fault that these innocent villagers are dying because you are the one attacking them. You know, you could have just left them alone, but no you had to slaughter them!"

BookExogorth and Sarge like this.
  13. Jar-Jar Binks

Nov 17, 2016
    BookExogorth award yourself 2 force points for your above response. (Bardan_Jusik (points please))

For you next task

• Trial of Skill - 5 Force Points: (RPG Format) This is the learning of lightsaber combat. This will introduce the Padawan to various lightsaber combat forms. Completion of this Trial can earn a Padawan up to five (5) Force Points.
    This is a moment that most padawans have been waiting for, their first chance to wield a lightsaber, albeit a training blade to begin with that only stings upon contact. Go to the armory and select your sword. Then find a secluded spot in the gardens. Take along your copy of The Jedi Path and read over carefully the section on Lightsabers and the accompanying Forms. Write this as an IC (in character) RPG style post sharing the internal thoughts of your Jedi persona as you complete this part of the task. Good luck. :yoda:

14. Master Vo

Mar 19, 2017
    BookExogorth likes this.
  15. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    Master Vo'Un'Var after I finish my task, I probably can.
    Edit
    And it would have to be later tonight.

Master Vo'Un'Var likes this.
  16. Skyla Skywalker

Apr 17, 2017
    Not really...Maybe another time?

17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Very good, Skyla Skywalker, you have kept your perspective on right and wrong in an impossible situation. Your dedication to doing the right thing and not being misled by the Dark Side is commendable. I award you 5 FPs. Bardan_Jusik

Your next task is steadily coming together in my mind. Expect to go on a short journey in the next day or two. Do you know how to pilot a small starship?

Edit: Don't forget to update your sig, you're up to 41 now. You can always check the first post on this thread to see if Bardan has kept the official tally updated.

BookExogorth and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  18. Skyla Skywalker

Apr 17, 2017
    I do know how to pilot a small starship. I will update my signature, Master.

The Vanguard and Sarge like this.
  19. BookExogorth

May 4, 2017
    IC: Edo Vilsa
    Walking through the Jedi halls was invigorating, Edo decided. It filled you with the light side, and bolstered your mind.
    Entering the armory, she sensed the sabers around her. Fixing on one, she ignited it, and waved it in front of her. She had never been too keen on the idea that a single swing of a weapon could inflict such irreparable damage, so she was glad to start with a training saber.
    Running to a courtyard she had passed earlier, she sat down underneath a tree, and opened the tome her master had given her to the first section addressing lightsaber forms. Pulling out RE-D1, she told it the pages her master had told her were relevant. Listening and meditating, she noted Shii-Cho, looking over the moves, but deciding that the form was too aggressive. Hearing of Makashi, she decided that it was quite interesting, but too weak in combating blaster bolts (and when honest to herself, too technically advanced).
    When the little droid talked of Soresu, she paused in thought. This form, she decided, was truly the Jedi way, creating an impenetrable defense while not striking out in anger. Indeed, the form also emphasized sense and meditation, the former being a strength of Edo's, and put less emphasis on physical augmentation, a discipline she found hard to master.
    She listened to the little droid read the rest of it, and then closed the book. She knew Niman was deemed off limits by the council, and it relied heavily on telekinesis, in its lower stages anyway. Ataru was interesting, as the acrobatics could be used for disarmament as well as attack, and evasion as well as killing, but it was beyond her abilities. Shien and Djem So, however... They were quite troublesome, as the tenets of the form include power, strength, and domination. These things are inconsistent with the Jedi way, although there are those who maintain that the dominating aspects of the form can be balanced by compassion.
    Soresu, she decided, was quite conducive to her strengths, knowledge, and the way of the Jedi.
    Tag: Jar-Jar Binks
    OOC: She isn't too lazy to read, she is a Miraluka. Just an aside.

20. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Initiate Task: Beasts
    [​IMG]
    Throughout the galaxy, there are Force-sensitive creatures that vary in size and abilities. Choose one of these creatures and report on it. What is the creature called? If the information is available, where are they located? What are the abilities of this creature? How should a Jedi approach or interact with this creature if one ever came face to face?

vncredleader SkywalkerStyle

21. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    The Akk Dog:
    Akk dogs are Force-sensitive reptomammals found on Haruun Kal. The native Korunnai of Haruun Kal have a long history of forming close Force-bonds with their domesticated Akk dogs. When a Akk dog's rider dies it will wander off into the jungle and await death. They are fiercely loyal. If a Jedi comes across one the best course of action is to remain calm and attempt to use beast control on it. They can be valuable allies for a Jedi especially when tracking an enemy. Be forewarned though; if they attack you be careful of their hides, they have been known to block Lightsaber hits.

BookExogorth and The Vanguard like this.
  22. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    Ah, the ardent Akk dog. Fascinating creatures. I've been to Haruun Kal twice, and not once did I come across any in their native plateaus. I did however, have a brief run in with a Branch Leopard. A story for another time...

Follow-up question: if you were fortunate enough to forge a bond with one of these magnificent beasts, what would you name it?

vncredleader

Jar-Jar Binks and BookExogorth like this.
  23. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    I would name my Akk dog Thon after one of the most fascinating quadruped Jedi in the order's history.

The Vanguard likes this.
  24. Jar-Jar Binks

Nov 17, 2016
    Emerging from the forest he calmly approaches his padawan after an hour of meditative solace among the swaying pines carrying a burlap bag under his arm. Allowing his awareness to expand outwardly to his new apprentice he can intuitively sense the sincerity of his commitment by how much he has already assimilated during his reading on saber-forms.

Now take your blade and practice the various forms. If you need an object of attack, use one of the trees from the surrounding forest. In this bag are several training remotes. When you are ready, activate them, one by one, and then add as many as you can handle at one time. Persevere until you have mastered this stage of your saber skills.
    *smiles approvingly* :ben:
    As before, write all in RPG format and be as creative as the exercise allows. 4 FP's for your previous answer BookExogorth. (Bardan_Jusik Pts)

BookExogorth and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  25. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    A great name for the beast! The parallels don't escape me either.. :p

4 pts for your collective answer. Well done. vncredleader

Bardan_Jusik (pts)

Bardan_Jusik likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.